• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

scoop: 4e gamma world

catsclaw227

First Post
DDXP starts today, so maybe we'll learn more from helpful scoopers that are there.
Wow, that's right!

Is there a particular event or keynote that will likely be the place they talk about what's coming?

(and, boy, didn't DDXP quietly sneak up on us, or is it just me?)

lrac_hsan

First Post
I am way too excited about this.

I love Gamma World.

I have been running a Mutant Future campaign and having a blast, and the whole time I was thinking that mutations would fit in perfectly with the way 4e does powers.

Sweeeeet!

Quantarum

First Post
Gamma world was the second RPG I was introduced to and "Legion of Gold" was the first TSR module I ran. I think this might surpass Dark Sun on my wish list. :D -Q.

Qualidar

First Post
Wow, I can not believe this hasn't broken here yet.

From Madwerewabbit over at CM:

Update from product development session at DDXP this afternoon (tweeted by Dave Chalker @ critical-hits.com):

"Gamma World. Uses D&D rules. Complete game experience in box. 160 rulebook included. Rooted in d&d. Chargen, how to GM, monsters. 10 encounters, poster map, tokens. New card mechanics. Character will be mutant. "part cockroach, part yeti" In GW starter box, item cards and mutation cards that come up randomly. Some powerful, some silly. GW will have booster cards for players. GW booster packs will be random, only found in hobby stores (not bookstore) Will also have game day."

Interpret that as you will.

Full Twitter feed on D&D announcements he tweeted today: Gato, CH News Robot (criticalhits) on Twitter

Obryn

Hero
The collectible card thing makes my soul bleed a little.

Hopefully, much like the Powers in the Players Handbook Heroes series of minis, they'll all be available in a DDI-esque setup. (Perhaps even in DDI itself, for that matter, if it's based on 4e.) I just can't see myself playing an RPG for which my players or I would want randomized booster packs... I think cards are awesome for organizational and reference purposes - but that's as far as it goes.

-O

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Yeah, anything that says "Randomized Booster Packs" makes my eyes glaze over and the instinct to preserve my wallet take over. In a collector's hobby like this, the thought of NOT COLLECTING THEM ALL, for me, translates into either "I must have them all" or "I must not have any."

I'd maybe give it a whirl if there was a collection somewhere (which I could half-expect, seeing as Magic and D&D both have such things). I wouldn't bother with it otherwise.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
It looks like WotC has updated their online catalog through Christmas.

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Product Catalog

What's more interesting to me is the TWO expansion sets coming out in November and December: Famine in Far-go and Legion of Gold.

Both expansions say that they come with 1) 160-page adventure book, 2) including new mutant monsters, 3) 4 sheets of die-cut mutant monster tokens, and 4) A fold-out battle map.

This doesn't sound like a CCG to me. I didn't see the random booster packs mentioned in the DDX thread. It does sound awesome though.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Radom packs for mutations and stuff makes sense, but i think i´ll just use the core ones and create the others myself. No need to collect anything.

But i admit, the hater party about "CCG Gammaworld" and "Gammaworld: the Gathering" is tasty, tasty stuff on the Interwebs. I needed a new fix for extreme reactions after the "WFRPG 3 Boardgame NNNooo!" threads subsided. :eek:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads