Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
This was the last relevant post, or thereabouts (except for the 4hp of damage inflicted by Raul). SoulFetter, you were trying to break the Remorhaz's grapple. That required you to beat its grapple check. Since yours only equaled it, the monster's hold on SoulFetter is maintained.

OOC: Actually, it was the other way around - SoulFetter has the creature not only Grappled but Pinned, and it was trying to break the Pin. So since the roll was tied, the creature didn't break the Pin and is -4 to AC (over and above whatever penalty the Grapple imposes, I think) and can't make attacks of opportunity. If I'm reading it right, SoulFetter also gets another opposed grapple check, this one to inflict some damage. Gotta rush off to get the family going for school and work, but I'll post that check a little later.

Scotley

Hero
Soulfetter maintains his hold on the painfully hot beast.

Tau casts another spell and a brightly glowing line streaks from his finger. It strikes the creature squarely and electricity crackles along it's body. The line fades away, but a faint afterimage still remains. At least it seems to be an afterimage, until the line starts moving to follow the creature's movements.

The celestial bison plows into the Remorhaz inflicting significant pain on the already pinned insectoid. The bison is badly burned in the process and the smell of burning buffalo hair is assaults your noses.

Raul draws his kama and wails on the beast with the kama instead of his singed hands. He manages to mark the the beast and while the weapon grows warm in his hand it does not melt. Meanwhile, the cleric steps up close behind Raul, sets a hand on the man's back, and calls upon Meda to heal the warrior.

Alarion manages to save his blade from the heat of the beast and thinks better of attacking again.

The beast struggles in Soulfetter's grip and he is seared by its heat (19 damage). As Soulfetter steels himself to inflict a crushing hurt, he feels the Remorhaz go limp in his grasp. Tau has blasted it with magical darts ripping its chest open. Hot blood sizzles on the snow bank adding a metallic tang to the already pungent smells of burning hair and flesh. The beast is well and truly dead.

Rhun

First Post
Brae steps back away from the steaming blood flowing into the snow. With a nod of thanks to the bison, the cleric dismisses the beast back to its celestial home.

"Well fought, friends," he says. "Though I had been hopeful that our journey would be uneventful."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

SoulFetter groans as he pushes himself off the beast, his muscular arms and shoulders quivering with fatigue. His chest, arms and face are seared bright red, and the Urgant is hidden in a cloud of steam as he rolls to his stomach to quench the burning in the snow. Though his words are muffled, it sounds as though he's saying something like, "Well fought indeed."
[/section]

Leif

Adventurer
Sir Upjohn?

So, it turns out that the constables were, indeed, journeying out to see Sir Upjohn (Thanks, Rhun) when they were beset by the remorhaz.

Lou

Explorer
Raul 33/50

Cleaning off his kama and checking his equipment, Raul turns to the party as a whole, "Maddie said you were headed to see Sir Upjohn. When I cleared the city gate, I ran into a professor with an elven mage who teleported me to you. What sort of mission are we on?"

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Not sure if you're RPing Lou, or if you really don't remember. The Alpha Squad of the Constables of the 14th Ward of LauralieSummerhome were investigating an entity known as Thelugadam. Currently they are en route to visit with sir Upjohn about him/it at Sir Upjohn's estate outside, but near, the city.

OOC: We have a request from Scott DeWar to join the game as well. We haven't had any new players for awhile, and as most or all of us know SD, I am thinking we should grant his request. Your thoughts, Scotley?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Cleaning off his kama and checking his equipment, Raul turns to the party as a whole, "Maddie said you were headed to see Sir Upjohn. When I cleared the city gate, I ran into Sir Upjohn with an elven mage who teleported me to you. What sort of mission are we on?"

OOC: Not sure if you're RPing Lou, or if you really don't remember. The Alpha Squad of the Constables of the 14th Ward of LauralieSummerhome were investigating an entity known as Thelugadam. Currently they are en route to visit with sir Upjohn about him/it at Sir Upjohn's estate outside, but near, the city.

OOC: We have a request from Scott DeWar to join the game as well. We haven't had any new players for awhile, and as most or all of us know SD, I am thinking we should grant his request. Your thoughts, Scotley?

OOC: I think this post is the one that caused the confusion. http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-amp-D-IC-04&p=6220752&viewfull=1#post6220752

It was not Sir Upjohn you met upon the way, but an LCA professor of the groups' acquaintance. Sorry for our error. Your quest is indeed to see Sir Upjohn.

As for Scott DeWar, might as well let him in. He tends to show up in our threads anyway. :lol:

I'll finish the review of the character over the next day or so. We've got some background sorted out to fit him in now, so we'll have him join the action as soon as the meeting with Sir Upjohn is over.

Remove ads