Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
To the LCA

So the Alpha Squad of the Constables of the Fourteenth Ward of Lauralie Summerhome make their way with all careful, but delberate haste to the Arcane Halls of the Lauralie Conjurers' Academy. Here, tau, in accordance with LCA law, blindfolds each of you before you are allowed to enter. You then are led some distance, up some stairs, down some other stairs, through what feels like a maze, down still more stairs, to a door, or so you are told. Tau then tells you that you may remove the blindfolds. The Constables are, indeed, standing outside a heavy oaken door bound with very heavy bands of a bluish metal. An elderly wizard-looking fellow produces a key on the heavy chain around his neck and unlocks the door. "You may enter. Professor Bitterstaff is waiting for you."

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul (Raul) Mamier, L7, HP 50/50

As the Constables take off their blindfolds, Raul mutters, "I like the public areas better, where there's no blindfolding." Seeing the door opened before them, Raul adds, "After you, Tau!" Raul moves in behind Tau, expecting him to step through the doorway. Raul asks in sort of an off-hand way, "Will there be any issues coming back?"

Leif

Adventurer
In the LCA

The old wizard pauses and thinks for a moment. Clearly, this was not something to which he had given much thought. " *Gulp* Heh, well let's certainly hope not."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Removing his blindfold, Constable Zane Harper is suddenly getting butterflies in his stomach. He was not feeling so hero-ish considering where he is headed. He proceeded regardless.

Leif

Adventurer
In The LCA

The Constables pass through the door and into a round workroom. There are workbenches with tools and any number of projects in progress cluttering the space on the benches. The central area of the room is devoted to a large pentagram inlaid directly into the floor. Just outside the edge of the pentagram, a magic circle has been similarly inlaid. On the other side of the Pentagram and Magic Circle stands and older, bearded wizard at a wooden podium, and he appears to be rehearsing a spell.

"Oh, there you are, good, very good! Now, Constables, if you will arrange yourselves in the pentagram, yes, yes, that's the way. Do be careful, but you'll want to have your weapons out and ready when we begin. It's not a friendly place to which you are going. We'll try to place you in a less-traveled spot, so hopefully there won't be any immediate danger, but we just can't be sure now, can we?"

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier

Raul checks his weapons and rubs his hands together. "What sort of unfriendlies should we expect?" Raul looks to the bearded wizard for an answer.

Leif

Adventurer
In the LCA

The wizard stops what he is doing and throws up his hands, "I was told that they had been briefed! Argh! By all Nine-and-seven-eighths Hells I can't work like this, and Garble Fuss it, I just won't!" He grabs his papers and leaves in a huff. he wizards hear a plantive cricket chirping somewhere in the middle distance.

Scotley

Hero
Soon after the dust settles from Professor Bitterstaff's departure another haggard looking Wizard comes in. "These rush jobs always get everyone in a bit of a mood. Now if you'll get ready in the pentagram I'll try to tell you what we know. There is a bit of a power struggle going on um, down there and we have been asked to apply a bit of pressure. I expect you'll find some nasty Devils spoiling for a fight so ready yourselves. Any questions?"

Remove ads