Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco is curious about the "hole". He walks over and does his best to listen for any sounds emanating from this curiosity.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

Besharrn softly whispers to Vadim, 'Why don't you ease over there and push Falco through the hole to the gaol?"

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"I'd say I'm taking a bigger chance by trusting you. If you can't trust the local peace officers who can you trust? If you have reason to believe there is 'evil' in my town I'd like to hear about it. Somebody obviously is getting their kicks killing small animals and staining our monument with blood. That's pretty evil in my book. What else can you tell me?"

Falco gets closer to the hole and sees that a winding stair leads down to two small cells their doors standing open. On one is currently being held. The cells are clean and while it is relatively dark down there it is not as oppressive as it could be.

Rhun

First Post
The cleric takes a deep breath. "Quite simply, we believe that there is a group of necromancers that are searching for something in the ruins of the prison. And we believe that they, or their minions, are responsible for the Professor's death."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

"I'd say I'm taking a bigger chance by trusting you. If you can't trust the local peace officers who can you trust? If you have reason to believe there is 'evil' in my town I'd like to hear about it. Somebody obviously is getting their kicks killing small animals and staining our monument with blood. That's pretty evil in my book. What else can you tell me?"
At the sheriff's words, Besharrn visibly bristles, straightens himself, thrusts his chest out and loudly says, "Me know you too sniveling and puny to take risk! That why Professor dead now! Why trust sheriff if sheriff scared of own shadow, hmmm? We here to solve this and avenge professor. You don't trust us then you have crap between ears! No dead small animals or blood smears bother us. That your whole problem -- you worry more about protecting vermin and keeping clean than you do finding Professor's murderer. Tell us what you know and you sit back on ass and watch real heroes solve."

OOC: Besharrn speaks slowly making this short speech last at least one minute, stopping to flex muscles where appropriate if needed, which permits him to change the sheriff's attitude. He is obviously tired of pussyfooting around with this thing, and ready to get to some d*mn ACTION.

[That's a 27 intimidate check if Besharrn is bigger than the sheriff, btw.]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: The Sheriff and Besharrn are both medium.

The Sheriff reacts, "Now I wasn't trying to be rude. Just calm down. No need to get all riled up. I've seen no evidence of a murder. I saw where he died, saw the stone that hit him."

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco is caught completely unaware by Besharrn's comments. When he hears what is happening he hurries over to Besharrn's side and delicately tries to seat the riled up companion. (basically whispering in the half-orc's ear - "Wow, you are pretty dang scarey when you are riled up. But we need the sheriff to talk to us and I'm not sure he or any of the townsfolk will do that if you go around scaring them all half to death. Let's just have a seat and see if we might find out anything else."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn glances at Falco and brusuely says, "What done is done. We deal with what now got. Besharrn not chew food twice and him sure not suck up to sheriff now. You not like then we need discuss later away from other folks. Not now. There other ways to find out things we need know."

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Dannis gives Besharrn an annoyed look, and then turns back to the sheriff. "Sheriff, we realize that the professor's death did not look particularly suspicious. Still, we have reason to believe that it was foul play. We are willing to investigate this. The professor was our friend, and if he was murdered, than justice must needs be served."

The cleric pauses a moment to again look around at this companions. "What we would like is your permission to visit the ruins of the prison, and investigate what, if anything, is going on there. While we could simply have done this surreptitiously, we would like to have the law on our side. It seems things are tense enough in town as it is."

Remove ads