• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scott DeWar's absence

Leif

Adventurer
I've had two of the three therapies. Not occupational yet. Speech in Elementary School, Physical in 2008. Almost, but not quite, rammed my forearm bone backwards out of my elbow. Yeah, that was fun therapy. They had to put me under for five minutes to put it back in place.

Keep hanging in there SDW.
After my car crash (9/23/1993), I had all three. Speech and Physical are for talking and moving, obviously. Occupational Therapy (OT)l is all about performing the "necessary" functions of living with little or no assistance. If you can get on and off the pot, bathe yourself, and dress yourself, then you really don't need OT. I don't recall spending too much time on OT. I guess I know my way around a john pretty well.

My major hang-up has always been with speech. Apparently, when the crash rang my bell and I sustained the closed head injury, the swelling damaged those parts of my brain. I've made vast strides over the last 19 years, but I expect to always have trouble with it and sound at least a little bit hinky.
:D

You hang in there, too, Artur H.! ;)

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Thanks, Leif. My Speech Therapy was via the public schools back home. I couldn't pronounce the letter 'R'...imagine going all the way into 4th grade sounding like, and being teased as only kids can do about it, Elmer Fudd. That poor therapist had to work hard to get me to do it, but by the time I took Spanish in 7th grade, I was the only person in the room who could trill an 'r'. Still don't know too many folks who can do it. I guess that's why, when I went to a college hosted high school level "Foreign Language Festival" I got 2nd place overall in Extemporaneous Reading. Stunned the heck out of me, one Judge wrote if there had been a screen between the reader and them, they would never have known it wasn't a Native speaker. Heh. I still remember that it was about Columbus' trip to the Americas.

Anyway, everyone hang in there! Hope no one else was notified yesterday their job is being outsourced no later than 1 July and that they'd better start lookin' fast for another place to work.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
To all of ths DMs of the games I am in,

An emergency Medical occurrence has happened and I am needing to be AFK probably for the rest of the day.

David

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I hope everything is ok SD.

My abcess has continually produced "ick" (A very technical term) and this morning I found a medical staple in the remaining hole, as well as lots more ick, in the abcess incision-from the original septic shock surgeries.

I am looking for a lawyer.

Leif

Adventurer
Hope everything's okay, man!

For a lawyer, do an online search for McDaniel & Wells in Jonesboro, Arkansas. They will do you right, or refer you to someone who will if they are unable to help you for any reason.!

[Tell 'em Leif H. (pronounced "Leef") sent ya!]

Last edited:

Remove ads