• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scott Dewar's Homebrew: One by land, two by sea-Pathfinder RPG-IC

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Garias Bazlagg

Garias' contract as a merchant marine on the ship Zee Khron was good, but when its renewal came up, the grizzled veteran watched his captain make dealings with some shady characters, in particular was this bugbear who sat at the captain's table. Garias watched as a large bag of coin was exchanged for a small pouch that disappeared under the bugbear's cloak then the bestial bugbear got up and left, the vacated seat was quickly filled with a captain of ill repute.

This particular slimy character sailed the Queen's Gambit, Earl "pouches" Fannagan by name. The Gambit and Khron had sailed in tandem a few times, The Zee Khron as mercenary hire protection for some piracy, smuggling and slave trade, all serious offenses in The Kingdom.
[MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION], Did I miss a request for something? or did this slip by? You can follow either the Bugbear or "pouches" Fannagen.

mleibrock

First Post
As Gorgol motions Makoa to take cover, Makoa will assume a position on the other side of the door frame from his old friend.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@Herobizkit, Did I miss a request for something? or did this slip by? You can follow either the Bugbear or "pouches" Fannagen.
@Scott DeWar, I guess I'm at a loss as to why I'd follow either. I'm assuming that I'm supposed to ask for a contract with the shifty captain and/or follow the shifty bugbear, but I'm not sure why my character would do either. Am I currently a free agent, looking for new work? Did "Pouches" just buy the Zee Khron? As a Neutral Good character, I don't see the benefit of working with the captain if he's one of ill-repute, and the Bugbear is assumed 'evil' unless your world works differently... but you're saying that my old ship was also laden with criminal activity?

So yes, some direction is what I'm looking for. :)

Scott DeWar

@Scott DeWar, I guess I'm at a loss as to why I'd follow either. I'm assuming that I'm supposed to ask for a contract with the shifty captain and/or follow the shifty bugbear, but I'm not sure why my character would do either. Am I currently a free agent, looking for new work? Did "Pouches" just buy the Zee Khron? As a Neutral Good character, I don't see the benefit of working with the captain if he's one of ill-repute, and the Bugbear is assumed 'evil' unless your world works differently... but you're saying that my old ship was also laden with criminal activity?

So yes, some direction is what I'm looking for. :)

Ah, What was I hoping in my evil twisted mind of mine .. .. ..
one or more of the following:
1. To follow the EVIL bugbear and see what the shifty captains are up to

2. follow pouches quietly and see what that pirate was up to and thwart his EVIL PLANS

3. Fact: Yes, you are indeed a free agent

4. investigate what the bar keep thinks of this, or fellow shipmates.

by the way, I like the ease of use for fonts, colors and what not has become with the new bb software

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Here begins the tale of Garias Bazlagg, Dwarven Warrior-Scholar and Magus...

Garias Bazlagg was pleased to be rid of the Zee Khron. Now that his contractual obligations were fulfilled, he was ready to drink away the foul taste of the baseless mercenary work and get on with a new port of call.

No sooner than he was handed his pay, a surly, hulking Bugbear sauntered in and collected its own sack of coin. Garias knew that that "Pouches" had few scruples, but now, giving coin to a Bugbear? Was there no low to which Pouches might stoop?

Garias decided that he might pass some time keeping track of this Bugbear, see where he might go or do. And once Garias learned of the Bugbear's mission, he could then confront "Pouches" with some city guards for good measure. The seas could do with one less pirate.

Garias waited a few breaths, then left the ship and in the direction of the Bugbear...

Scott DeWar

Borhald Threndor, Garias Bazlagg, Gorgal and Makoa

GM: huh, had more to this post but .. .. ..
Garius sees the bugbear leave, but when he looks outside in the fog and darkness it is not so easy. Then suddenly at the edge of his dark vision, he sees the bugbear round a corner, the evening mists swirl behind him.

Keeeping up with the stealthy creature is actually proving difficult with the evening fog, but he still sees him ahead; as if the fates are with him. Finally the tailing leads to the warehouse district, a place that many hours ago should be cold, dark and silent.

But not here, A human stalks the bugbear and apperently two halforcs are studieing the human. The bugbear slips into a backlit warehouse door, then the human sneaks up on the door .. .. ..

Borhold
approaches the backlit door, but then notices two big humanoids in the darkness of the foggy night moving toward either him or the door.

Gorgal and Makoa now see an average size humanoid sneaking up on the mysterious backlit door slightly opening it.

Garias sees a shadow, average humanoid in size, approaching the back lit door, slightly opening it. Then two figures who were talking now are approaching the door stealthily.

Last edited:

Remove ads