Scouts and Trackers IC

Erekose13

Explorer
"Couple of them look capable, see the guy with the nice bastard sword off by himself? I think he could handle himself in battle, same with that elf his longbod looks well cared for. Not so sure about that guy only in robes, looks a little out of place. And that man in black over there looks dangerous. I wonder who we will be working with, I wouldnt imagine that they would send just the pair of us out on a tracking mission." Thurdack says, surveying the crowd. "So when were we supposed meet our potential employers?"

Ghostknight

First Post
Wynter Wolf said:
Listin: You feel there is more to this sit and wait for
noon gathering than meets the eye (Not neccesarily in a
bad way)

Paying attention to his feelings, Listin sat, scanning the crowd and the area around him. Why the feeling that something was coming, something big was going to happen. With a silent prayer to Lathander he once again scanned the crowd, paying attention to those gathered that seemed here for the meeting, what was in store for them, was there more to this call than the job that seemed to be on offer?

Verbatim

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
"Couple of them look capable, see the guy with the nice bastard sword off by himself? I think he could handle himself in battle, same with that elf his longbod looks well cared for. Not so sure about that guy only in robes, looks a little out of place. And that man in black over there looks dangerous. I wonder who we will be working with, I wouldnt imagine that they would send just the pair of us out on a tracking mission." Thurdack says, surveying the crowd. "So when were we supposed meet our potential employers?"

"I do not know when we are to meet those who would hire us, but I do think it would be in our best interest to meet those who would be potentially guarding our flanks."

Scanning the crowd once more, Murtek's eyes came to rest on the swordsman.

"I do think we should go say greetings to a fellow soldier, but if you think another would me more wise, I will bow to your choice."

Erekose13

Explorer
"A good place to start I think." Thurdack replies. He makes his way through the crowd to stand in front of the swordsman, his large form blocking the view of the rest of the crowd. He extends his hand, "Fine day aint it? Names Thurdack and it looks like we are both seeking employment this morning. My companion here is Murtek."

Storminator

First Post
Darvin Telhunt

Darvin marks each new arrival as he comes, trying to sort out which ones are here for the noon meeting, and which are just hanging around. He hasn't figured out the city yet, so people appear to do inexplicable things. But that big man and his pal are talking and pointing this way. Could be trouble. Then they approach. Whoa! That guy is big!

Darvin stands up and takes the giant's hand. He only looks bigger the closer he gets. "Well met, sirs. I am Darvin Telhunt." Darvin smiles ruefully, "I didn't realize so many'd come looking. So," looking the giant up and down, "I take it you're a tracker and not a scout?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes certainly more a tracker than a scout, though I'm here in case things go wrong." Thurdack says patting the greatsword over his shoulder chuckling a little bit.

Storminator

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Yes certainly more a tracker than a scout, though I'm here in case things go wrong." Thurdack says patting the greatsword over his shoulder chuckling a little bit.
Darvin rubs his chin thoughtfully, "I hadn't thought about that, but it makes a lot of sense. There's likely more trouble than trackless wilderness around here."

Darvin scrunches his mouth sideways, "that means even more competition. I was pretty sure of getting this job before, now I'm just hoping."

Storminator

First Post
"I can track or scout," says Darvin with a shrug. "My father is Master of the Hunt to Baron Greycastle of Daggerford, and I've scouted against orcs and lizardfolk."

Darvin grins and pats the sword, "and I'm a fair hand when things go wrong."

Ghostknight

First Post
Storminator said:
"I can track or scout," says Darvin with a shrug. "My father is Master of the Hunt to Baron Greycastle of Daggerford, and I've scouted against orcs and lizardfolk."

Darvin grins and pats the sword, "and I'm a fair hand when things go wrong."

Not noticing anything in particular happening Listin decides to talk to some of the others that have gathered here. Looking at the people Listin decides to go and talk to the three that seem to at least ne open to introductions.

Picking up his staff, Listin makes his way over to the three that are standing and talking.

"I greet you in the name of Lathander Morning Lord. Allow me to introduce myself to you good sirs. I am Listin Dale, a Monk and Paladin of the Order of the Sun. It is good to see others here for this job, hopefully there will be room for all of us."

ooc Listin has a Nimbus of Light and as such is surrounded by a glow (only slightly noticeable i the daylight as it is about as bright as a torch)

Remove ads