Scouts and Trackers IC

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Getting up from his spot near the front of the building, Bryn moves over to the group of men talking about the prospect of a job.
'Greetings, I am Bryn Greenlocke. Scout and Tracker in the truest sense, as I have spent the last several years wandering the World,discovering pathways and new roads to trod upon for my feet and those of others.'

Wynter Wolf

First Post
After about an hour and a half of idle chit chat,
you determine most of the people here are probably
mediocre in skill, sufficient only for guard duty
and such.

About a half hour before noon the Man in black gets up
looks around the throng of people and starts to walk
away stopping briefly to talk to one of his bodyguards
They talk for a few moments and then the man in black
leaves the area.

After a moment or two the bodyguard walks over to the
five of you and stops for a moment to be noticed.

"Good sir's am i correct you are waiting for the noon
recruitment to open??" He pauses momentarily, yet not
long enough for an answer. "M' Lord Erik asks me to tell
you that if you want more than caravan duty or warehouse
guard duty, to please meet him at the Inn of the Crescent
Moon at noon time. He offers lunch and a job offer."

He waits to hear your response.

Storminator

First Post
Darvin laughs out loud. "My friends, we've been baited! I knew no one hired trackers at noon." Darvin shakes his head and smiles, "but I won't pass a free lunch, and I'll hear what the clever man has to say."

Verbatim

Explorer
Murtek nods his head in agreement on the time for their selections, and also knows a free meal on any day is always a good thing.

"I agree. My Lady has sent me here for a reason, and perhaps Lord Erik will shed some light on the matter, whether he means to or not."

Ghostknight

First Post
Listin bows to the bodyguard.

"I will accompany you to your Lord Erik. Perhaps we could follow yo, I for one am new to this city and do not know of the location you speak of."

Stopping for a short while he chuckles before continuing

"Of course it is likely that it is one of those that chose not to provide me with some food, many establishments pride themselves on their lack of charity hmm? I will come with you, it has been a while since I had a good lunch, though not as long as it has been for many of our poor brethen that struggle to survive on a daily basis."

Erekose13

Explorer
As the others join Murtek, Darvin and Thurdack he greets each of them glad to have such friendly company in this rather crowded and uncomfortable city. With the offer of lunch Thurdack laughs jovially, "Now a free lunch, thats the sure way to get me to sign up I'll tell ya. Hope your Lord Erik knows what he is in for though, I have been told that I have a healthy appetite. Come friends let us here what he has to say."

Ghostknight

First Post
Erekose13 said:
As the others join Murtek, Darvin and Thurdack he greets each of them glad to have such friendly company in this rather crowded and uncomfortable city. With the offer of lunch Thurdack laughs jovially, "Now a free lunch, thats the sure way to get me to sign up I'll tell ya. Hope your Lord Erik knows what he is in for though, I have been told that I have a healthy appetite. Come friends let us here what he has to say."

With a dissaproving glance Listin looks at Thurdack.

"Eating to excess while there are others starving is a vice to be avoided. Rather we should try to moderate our own behaviour and pass the excess o to those who would suffer otherwise."

With a sigh and look at the others he continues, "of course I tend to find few that agree with me, but this is a burden I bare happily!"

Storminator

First Post
"That's an odd way of looking at things, Listin," Darvin says. "Shouldn't the poor work harder and earn their keep? I feel a man gets his due, rich or poor."

Darvin looks up at Thurdack and winks, "and if a man offers a giant a meal, he gets what's coming to him!"

Ghostknight

First Post
"Really Darvin, is an orphaned child starving on the street to blame for his lot? Or a widow left destitute with children to look after? Or people left homeless by marauding orcs or caught in a battle between powers they cannot even understand? I grew up, pampered and tutored - yet another member of the idle aristocracy doing nothing, yet I was well fed, always housed and warm, while others far more deserving than myself starved, went cold and toiled from before sunrise to after sunset just to put food on the table!"

Listin stops and smiles, his beautific smile highlighted by the warm glow from his body.

"Well, one day perhaps more people will see things my way, for now I will try to correct things when I can."

Storminator

First Post
"You may have a point there, friend," Darvin says thoughfully. "But couldn't the orphan become a message runner? Or the widow a washerwoman? I don't know where you're from, but I've not met a nobleman," Darvin knuckles his forehead as if saluting a noble, "that didn't work as hard as his men, and at dangerous work at that. Who else keeps the orcs at bay?"

Listin's smile is easy for Darvin to return, "I'm all for setting things right, tho, friend. Let's hope we agree on what needs righting!"

Remove ads