• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

scroll bearers in WOD: Mummy

Belgarath

First Post
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need some ideas for a change in Mummy: the Resurrection.

For those of you not familiar with the system a mummy is a mortal that has a major flaw in his/her personality. An ancient egyptian spirit offers to join with the soul after death and balance things out or reverse it. This usually gives them another flaw that is related to or anti ethical to the original.

For the scroll bearer, the mortal flaw is either lack of motivation or inability to think for themselves. The flaw given after the joining is a dissonence in personality or overanalyzing everything. While this makes sense in a way, it has the same affect which is the lack of knowing what do do. It would be more appropriate in my mind to either give them a driving purpose, a curiosity of everything even if this puts the character in danger, or hyperactivity. I would like to get ideas on the mechanics of such a flaw or any others that you may come up with that seem proper.

Zappo

Explorer
This is the right place within Enworld, but I think you would get more response from a World of Darkness forum (like those at White Wolf's site).

Anyway, you get a free bump with this. :D

Remove ads