• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Sealed Lands] The City of Taleas

Kalanyr

Explorer
Galen stares at Dekiran for a while, deep in thought as if deciding whether or not to say anymore. After a long pause he decides to carry on.

"My family is well aware of the threat, as much as it galls me to admit it, I fear I am the only one lacking in sufficent, damn it!, *sigh*, there is not a word adequate in the Common Tongue, let me try to explain, you are off course as a sorceror aware that their is magic in the world, you would doubtless know that certain people, legendsat those who make history, become immune to certain forms of magic after a point ? It is due to a gathering of this magic around them, it offers protection from such spells, I fear that I alone in my family lack sufficient of this quality to protect me, the spell is weak and effects only the least potent of beings. My family will no doubt take the necessary attempts to see that I am no threat to the kingdom. Not all of the others are like the goblins, after all you travel with a halfling, so you should be aware of this, they are of the same kindred. "

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Aye, pretty boy, ye dinna think they got this far without dealing with it themselves? Trust ye tae be so fickle about the words ye speak from yer own mouth, breakin' yer word at the drop o' a helmet. Pah!" Argus says, clearly unimpressed with Dekiran's behaviour.

He glances a moment at the halfling though, seeming to weigh up a new opinion about the wee fellow.

Serpenteye

First Post
Dekiran looks skeptical,
"So, if I understand the situation correctly, you are especially vulnerable to fey enchantments (Goblins and Halflings have some relation to that family of beings, do they not?) because of your bloodline. Your family, with that very same bloodline, have made themselves invulnerable to that weakness by creating spells or items to protect themselves, or have somehow managed to alter their own nature by use of transmutative magics? That's quite an impressive feat since the only magics capable of such an infallible protection are of legendary power and rarity. Even the fabled Mind Blank spell only confers an immunity for a single day."
He shakes his head slightly, "I just don't see how your story could possibly be true, I'm sorry." Then he turns to the others, "Do any of you know anything about the arcane that could corroborate his story? What about you, master Dwarf, do you have even the faintest shadow of an idea of what we are talking about?" He directs a wry smile at the warrior.

ooc: Does Dekiran know anything I do not?

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC - Yeah, he's not refering to protective magic, he's referring to a hit dice cap, like effects various kinds of death spells and sleep.

Serpenteye

First Post
Kalanyr said:
OOC - Yeah, he's not refering to protective magic, he's referring to a hit dice cap, like effects various kinds of death spells and sleep.
ooc: But Charm Person/Monster and Dominate Person/Monster don't have a hit dice cap.

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC - True, but Dekiran does know that whatever spell was used on the guard wasn't a Charm Person/Monster or Dominate, its effects resembled a geas but it wasn't a spell Dekiran recognised.

Serpenteye

First Post
Kalanyr said:
OOC - True, but Dekiran does know that whatever spell was used on the guard wasn't a Charm Person/Monster or Dominate, its effects resembled a geas but it wasn't a spell Dekiran recognised.

ooc: So the House's magic vulnerability only extends to some variation of the spell Lesser Gease?

Festy_Dog

First Post
Serpenteye said:
"What about you, master Dwarf, do you have even the faintest shadow of an idea of what we are talking about?" He directs a wry smile at the warrior.

"Ha! Ye talk about breaking an oath of yer word, that I know aboot! All that other arcane goblin's droppins, I dinna know much, but he knows aboot it," Argus indicates Galen.

Remove ads