• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Search function - WORK

ameinild

First Post
The last time I searched it was for "power recharge"... And I don't remember the exact parameters, since I can't access the search function now.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
The last time I searched it was for "power recharge"... And I don't remember the exact parameters, since I can't access the search function now.

Wow... I just entered that line to the search and it did indeed give exactly the same result as in the OP.

ameinild

First Post
WOOT!!!! Breakthrough! Please look into it, and I'll buy my subscription back...

It's not something as silly as typing TWO keywords giving the error???

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
It's not something as silly as typing TWO keywords giving the error???

Strangely it seems like it is...

I just performed a few "control group" searches with different keywords and all came up fine. Only with that there was a problem. And it gave exactly the line you described.

Hope this helps in anyway Morrus?

ameinild

First Post
It should definitely give the coders something to work on. Thanx for the help Blackrat, seems we can now get the function working properly again...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
If it is, it isn't consistent. I just entered a search for "black white", and it came back just fine and dandy. So it isn't a simple 2-word issue.

Even more bizarrely:
'power' works.
'recharge' works.
'recharge power' - which should give an identical results set to 'power recharge' - works.
'power recharge' crashes.

So in the meantime, ameinild should be able to find the results required by searching 'recharge power'.

Well, at least, if ameinild were able to search at all :D

-Hyp.

ameinild

First Post
Well, I'll take my chances and renew the subscription. At least now it's been settled that this is entirely a php issue, as it's been all along. Until it's fixed, I guess I'll have to remember to switch the words if I'm doing a more advanced search and it crashes the script! :D

cougent

First Post
Identical results here as well.

Troubleshooting 101, we all think we are far too sophisticated and knowledgeable to need something that simplistic and basic... and damned if it doesn't sneak up and bite us in the butt every freakin time! (Even I thought it was stupid as I typed it in the last message, KISS philosophy never gets old)

Next attempt at making sense of this, (I know nothing of PHP) could "power recharge" be some keyword or reserved word phrase in PHP that is triggering this? or in vBulletin? or any of the other software on the site? From my ancient coding past I would suspect power_recharge moreso, but I am not fluent in modern languages / programs syntax.

Remove ads