Search in the Dark

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc] hey guys[sblock=Umm]:([/sblock][sblock=may you should]Roll Initiative!!:eek::eek:[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Galphanore

First Post
Damon suddenly dives away from the tree he's hugging, further away from the cliff, as he unsheaths his spear and lets out a snarl, "That tree's moving."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
placement

===============
===============
E==============
D==============
G==============
E==============
===============
===============
TT=============
TT=============
=D=============
===============
A==============
G=============W
==============O
M=============O
H.............D
=T============S

key:
D=Damon init=10
A=Athos init=11
G=Greyhay init=19
M=Martomum init=7
H=Hralfgar init=20
T=Trinham init=14
TT
TT= Tree 10'x10' init=12
..... path horse made

anyone bring an axe???

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Shaken after seeing the tree move, Athos backs away with his spear pointing in the direction of the tree. I am definitely not armed to fight this log.
Athos screams out: "Nothing to gain by fighting this monstrosity. Move back! Retreat!"

[sblock]
Initiative: 11 Roll Lookup
Defensive retreat move action.
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham is not quite sure what is going on, so he stays where he is while preparing to cast a spell. However, he stops looking over the edge and starts to look around, only occasionally glancing at the tree. Making sure that nothing creeps up while the rest are concentrating on the tree.

[sblock="mechanics"]Delay until after Tree's move.
Init roll against tree (1d20+2=14)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Surprise Round

[sblock=ooc]Me and Erwin are at work and got his init rolled so let's start. Surprise round is Damon and the "tree" up first. Then start at top of initative, Trinham is surprised so no action/reaction till round one [/sblock]

As Trinham and Hralfgar watch the torch fall, Damon screams out, "That tree's moving." and dives away from it and the cliff. As he gets to his feet in a defensive stance spear at the ready Athos calls to him, "Nothing to gain by fighting this monstrosity. Move back! Retreat!"

Martomum looks up from the cliff face but as he gets to one knee the grass all around him, Athos, Greyhay, and Damon start to move like a great wind has started. The grass starts to wrap around arms and legs and comes together in a thick mass that to move, fells like wading in the ocean. "Wha?--" Martomum starts to say but then is cut short as he is tripped by the grass and sent tumbling over the edge of the cliff.

[sblock=ooc]Need Reflex saves DC 13 from Damon and Athos or become entangled . [/sblock]

wysiwyg

First Post
Athos leaps over the grass landing carefully in less dense growth spots until he makes it out of the clearing. Once outside the trap he quickly scans the region - there must be a nature priest to do this. "I know you're here. Show yourself you coward!"

[sblock]
Reflex save = 16: Roll Lookup
Spot check = 16: Roll Lookup

2 16's not bad.
[/sblock]

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
[sblock]
Spot
Roll Lookup
Light Torch and grab alcohol, Preparing Hralfgar Special Super Sayan Move lol
[/sblock]
Hralfgar remembers the stories of his Grandfather fighting forest spirits that would try and stop their hunting parties. He quickly sifts through his bag and lights another torch. He prepares to take a swig of his hard alchohol, warning his allies, "Watch your eyes my friends, this is the flame of the Dragon I have mastered!"

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham stands frozen to the spot in shock. He just can't take in what is happening. One minute things where normal and they where searching the cliff, the next: trees had started to move, grass was attacking people and Martomum had fallen over the cliff.

What to do, what to do Trinham thinks to himself. Coming out of his daze he starts to look about for the cause.

[sblock="OOC"]Suprise round (in-)action leading up to round 1.[/sblock]

Galphanore

First Post
Damon leaps forward with the torch at the head, swinging it to try tol distract the tree while calling out, "Work around it and away from the cliff, or it may push you off!"
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the delay, busy weekend.
[19,3] = (22) to hit, but I'm not trying to hit, I'm trying to just miss so it doesn't realize the torch isn't hot.[/sblock]

Remove ads