Search in the Dark

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 1

Code:
Character          Init     AC     HP     In Hand/Condition
Hralfgar            20      17     12     torch&flask(uh-oh)/---
Greyhay             19      ??     ??     spear/move 1/2 speed
Trinham             14      14      [COLOR=darkorange]6     [/COLOR][COLOR=white]longsword/---[/COLOR]
Athos               11      12     10     spear/move 1/2 speed
Damon               10a     16     10     spear/move 1/2 speed
Tree                10b     15     30     no hands/held action till movement     
Martomum             7      ??     ??     empty/entangled

[sblock=ooc]
Need Trinham and Damon's spells posted with next posts and will edit to the above. Everyone has gone round one save for Trinham and npc's so just need ghostcat to post round one actions (loved the (in)action lol) and we will go to round two.

Attack vs Damon http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2225796/[/sblock]

[sblock=spot DC15]
look at attachment ;) [/sblock]

As Hralfgar lifts his torch he looks to see Damon dealt a tremendous blow across the mid-section. Greyhay starts to wade away from the tree spear ready and Athos is close behind. He hears "Gets me down!! gets me down!!" coming from over the edge of the cliff. Hearing the cries Trinham edges towards the cliff edge away from the waving grass. Looking over he sees the old dwarf hanging upside down the grasses tangled around his legs seem to be keeping him from a nasty fall.

Attachments

• MM35_PG20b.jpg
    MM35_PG20b.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
Placeholder

Round 2

Hralfgar wades through the grass with little effort getting to the tree. He then takes a mouth full of the potent liquid and spews it through his Dragon faced helmet. The flames fly through the air landing on the flammable wood, the violent shakes of the burning tree throwing embers all about. The smoke rises as Hralfgar screams a mighty roar "Come at me ye evil Spirit! I shall burn you to the hell from where you came!" His violent swings of his sword are only for show, making a sharp slinging noise as it cuts the air.
[sblock]
FORT http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2230221/
STR http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2230217/
DMG http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2231296/ (xtra dmg vs. Wood??)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham starts to look around, attempting to locate the source of the problems, when he heard Martomum cry for help. Quickly checking, he see that he is the only one in a position to rescue him, so he moves carefully to the edge of the cliff avoiding the area of entanglement.

Looking over the cliff, Trinham sees....

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Flare, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Magic Missle[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) () () ()
1 Level: () () ()[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Beginning Round 2

Code:
Hralfgar            20      17     12     torch&flask(uh-oh)/---
Greyhay             19      ??     ??     spear/move 1/2 speed
Trinham             14      14      [COLOR=darkorange]6     [/COLOR][COLOR=white]longsword/---[/COLOR]
Athos               11      12     10     spear/move 1/2 speed
Damon               10a     16      [COLOR=red]2[/COLOR]     spear/move 1/2 speed
Tree                10b     15     30     no hands/held action till movement     

[sblock=ooc] O.k. need a couple things before round 2 Damon needs to make a Knowledge nature check, and spells with that. I edited Trinham in the round 1 post. I believe you casted flare twice will double check. and we are at the top of iniative round 2 that s you and your placeholder Erwin. [/sblock]

wysiwyg

First Post
Round 2

Athos carefully moves out of reach of the deadly vines. "Don't say I never did anything for you Dwarf!" he yells. He takes quick aim and throws his spear into the heart of tree.

[sblock]
Attack: 1d20+2 = 18
Damage: 1d6+3 = 4
Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
On seeing the dwarf plight, Trinham performs a quick mental inventory of his equipment and spells. Coming to the conclusion that he can't currently do anything to help him. "Hang in there Martomum, I'll get some help."

Trinham decides that in order to save Martomum, they need to eliminate the threat first. Looking around, the only target he can see is the vine that is attacking Damon. Trinham concentrates, mutters fuerce pelota and points at the vine. As Trinham speaks, a small ball of light shimmers around his finger and has he points, it streaks out to unerringly strike the vine.

[sblock="Mechanics"]Cast Magic Missle for 1d4+1 (IC currently down)[/sblock]
[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Flare, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Magic Missle[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (X) () ()
1 Level: (X) () ()[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 2

Hralfgar wades through the grass and up to the tree, "No wait, don't move!" Damon yells out. But it's to late the flame shoots from the helm of Hralfgar catching most of the tree but barely hurting the green vine. "It doesn't have eyes you have to stay still," Damon tells the warrior.

Athos and Greyhay both sling their spears at the tree and each connect into the thick vine wrapped around the trunk. And a few arcane syllables from Trinham sends arcane energy into the vine causing it to quiver and miss Hralfgar with it's own attack.

The clank of metal comes from over the edge of the cliff. "Oft, me's helms!! Me's helms!!" comes the dwarf's cry.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Begining round 3

Code:
Hralfgar            20      17     12     sword and shield/move 1/2 speed
Greyhay             19      ??     ??     kukri/move 1/2 speed
Athos               11      12     10     ???/move 1/2 speed
Damon               10a     [COLOR=deepskyblue]20[/COLOR]       [COLOR=red]2[/COLOR]     spear/move 1/2 speed, total defense
Tree                10b     15     [COLOR=orange]19[/COLOR]     no hands/   

Hralfgar your up and notice that the flames have done no damage. (i.e. fire resistance 10)
And I rolled Trinham's damage from the magic missile (dmg=4)
anyone can post their round 3 actions unless you need to wait to see what happens before you go.

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Athos - Round 3.

Well, if the dwarf is still talking, he's still alive. For now. "Don't worry Mort, we'll get you out of here in no time."
Athos draws his shortsword and advances to hack at the constricting vine.

[sblock]There's something funny with Invisible Castle's rolls. I'm getting weird results. I'm trying to roll 1d20+1 and 1d6+3 for both attacks.
I'm getting something that looks like this: Roll Lookup
What does this mean?
Just to speed things along, HM why don't you make the rolls for me. Basically he is using his Flurry of Strikes against the vine.
Attack: 1d20+1
Damage: 1d6+3[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=wysiwyg] that was weird I will roll for you but not this round you are at 1/2 movement so takes two move actions to wade through the grass and get to the tree next round or if you wish to change actions your call [/sblock]

Remove ads