Search in the Dark

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Martomum looks up from watching Athos retrieve the Outrider. "Eh?", is all he is able to say before...

"There," the leader says pointing with his sword. "Get 'em and leaves no witnesses." With that the three horseman charge towards the bewildered dwarf. Their speed and path takes them to the edge of the cliff where two of the men plunge over the side with their horses, but the third solider goes over the head of his horse as it skids to a halt at the edge.

Down below Athos sees the horses come over the edge of the cliff to hit the rocks hard below, and the three soliders scream as they fall and to their deaths near the creek bed. "Gulp," the outrider says. "That could have been me lucky my horse broke my fall."

The leader and remaining solier turns to flee back into the woods, and is nearly impaled by a spear from Damon. "Nos' dont's be killin'ems they be Bear's men!" he shouts at the tall man. Damon shrugs and goes to retrieve his spear.

Looking at the horse near him Martomum sees the rope tied to the saddle. "Let's be gettin me Outer back."

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham watches the fiasco, that's the only term he can think of to describe what has just happened, with perplexity and bemusement. In fact he is so surprised that he forgets to cast his spell. "Martomum. What the **** is going on. Your supposed to be one of the Duke's lieutenants. Yet some of his men come alone and try to kidnap you and threaten to kill the rest of us, while we are trying to rescue one of your men. Then they prove to be so incompetent that half of them kill themselves and the other half runs off. If they are his superior troops, then may the gods help his army.

Meanwhile Trinham goes back to keeping watch.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I's knows whose sent those men and it could no be Bear," Martomum says as he sends the rope down to Athos. "Bests we take an a gets out of these woods there may bees mores of 'em."

[sblock=ooc]Please look in on Off to war disscussion and let me know there what you all wish to do to put the finishing touches on this game. [/sblock]

wysiwyg

First Post
Athos

"Oh my greatness!" Athos exclaims as he witnesses horse and rider falling off the edge of the precipice. He is brought out of his dazzled state when he hears the dwarf shouting his instructions to pull out. He waits for the rope to be thrown down and helps the tie rider into it. As the rider is hauled up, Athos looks at the grizzly scene of the crushed soldiers several yards from where he stands. He strips the armour off the one soldier as he is in desperate need of it himself. “You won’t need this where you’re going, but I sure will”. He dons the armour and heads back up the way he came and quickly head out of the woods with his companions.

[sblock=Armour Picking]He chooses the best light armour he can find. Not taking the tabard of course. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Quicks nows ye greenies," Martomum says as they use the horse to pull up the wounded Outrider. "We needs be gone fur mire men do come."

[sblock=ooc] Any other basic equipment does anyone want from the horses/men? Athos finds a chain shirt on one of the men it is standard issue. [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Deciding that the last thing he needs right now is to get involved in politics, Trinham lets the matter drop while going back to keeping watch. He also calls Moggins back to him.

Once the others have recovered the outer, he will prepare to pull out.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Conculsion...

Getting the Outrider out of the ravine and onto the extra horse proves little trouble for the group. Using the rope and the horse to pull the man and his equipment up, Martomum tells everyone that they should move fast and quietly (with a pointed look to Hralfgar).

The group makes it's way back towards camp circling wide to avoid all the mounted men who are on their way to the ravine and the burning tree, that seems to be collecting men like a flame collects moths. Damon and Greyhay scout towards the front and back of the group keeping an eye out for trouble.

At the quicker non-searching pace the group makes good time and the lights from camp start to show through the trees. After coming out from the woods Martomum finds his bearings and starts towards the campsite of Fallon and the others.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great game guys... Trinham and Hralfgar should hit 2nd lvl after XP are rewarded the 30th, so you may want to be thinking on that and setting up level up posts in the RG

This adventure is over so please make a post in the Off to War thread as your characters return to the camp site we will do a recap there (and make introductions) and then I 'll end the day and start towards are next chapter in the campaign.

HolyMan

Remove ads