Search in the Dark

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
Hralfgar picks up the dead vine and drags it to the edge of the cliff, "Come grab this quick, we must rescue our comrade!" Orders Hralfgar, his adrenaline pumping and blood still burning.

wysiwyg

First Post
Relieved to be out of danger for which he was not ready for, Athos moves behind Hralfgar, grabs part of the vine and assists him to hull the dwarf back up to the ledge. "Ain't it funny that the same 'rope', that just a few moments ago, was here to kill you is now your saviour."

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham was at a complete loss as to how to rescue the dwarf. Therefore, when Hralfgar grabbed hold of the vine, he is more than happy to assist and takes hold of the vine himself. "Well done Hralfgar, that is a really cleaver idea."

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
Securing the longest piece of vine he can, Hralfgar in the lead throws down the heavy vine next to the Dwarf. "Grab hold Master Dwarf, How fair the Outer?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Letting the vine down to Martomum the three men are more than strong enough to lift the dwarf back onto the cliff edge.

Struggling over the edge the dwarf lays there breathing hard and looking over the edge to spot where the voice came from. Gathering around the dwarf the PC's see a man down below them, sitting on the ground a baddage around his leg and the torch Hralfgar dropped in one hand and the dwarves helm in the other.

He is a long way down and the vine may not be long enough.

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
Hralfgar focuses his attention now elsewhere. He examines the cliff side to try and see how far down the vine goes. He looks for any thing that can be used to help his decent, hand holds in the rocks and footholds. "Quickly my comrades, secure a perimeter around us to halt any attempt to ambush. Does anyone have ideas they wish to share?" Hralfgar passes the dark refreshment to the Dwarf.

Spot
Roll Lookup

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Athos looks down at the cliff bottom. I wonder if I could make it down with some rope, I'm not a bad climber. "Does anyone have rope? I could go down and get the outrider."

[sblock]
How far down is he? It can't be that far if he's still alive after the fall. What's the DC for the climb down this cliff?
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham is really annoyed with himself. It is at this stage that he should have a brilliant idea and rescue the Outer single-handedly by an innovative use of magic. As it is he is clueless. He doesn't even have any rope.

So tail somewhat between his legs he walks back 15' from the edge of the cliff and looks towards the woods. "I'll watch the woods. Let me know if you need a hand.

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Flare, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Magic Missile[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (X) () ()
1 Level: (X) (X) ()[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Watching the woods turned out to be a grand ideal as Trinham notices torches moving along in the woods. They seem to be heading in the groups direction at a very fast pace. To fast for someone on foot.

Hralfagar and Athos notice the roots of the burning tree sticking out of the cliff face they may provide the best way down.

[sblock=ooc] And would have made for a better combat to darn it. [/sblock]

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
Hralfgar turns back to check on the man on guard, seeing the torchlight. "We need someone who can get down there, I do not believe I can do it in my age and size, I'd be a better fight for who ever is coming. If someone makes their way down i will hold off whatever foe tried their way through. Who will go down?" Hralfgar readies his sword and shield, pulling his bag back towards him, taking back the half empty bottle from the dwarf.

Remove ads