Search in the Dark

ghostcat

First Post
"Heads up fellow. Light coming, moving fast."

Trinham reasons that these will probably be reinforcements. However, he has made enough mistakes today, so readies a Flare spell; just to be on the safe side.

In response to Hralfgar's comment about a volunteer for climbing down he replies "Don't look at me. I'm not built for climbing"

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Flare, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Magic Missile[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (X) () ()
1 Level: (X) (X) ()[/sblock]

wysiwyg

First Post
"I'll go. I'm not bad at this. Wish me luck" says Athos as he grabs the vine and starts to head downwards.

[sblock=Climb Check] without any other modifiers (like the vine): 19
Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Probably more men sent by Fallon," Greyhay says. "We were not the only group he sent into the woods."

"Darns 'ol man gots everone ta trounce in thee deads o'night." Martomum says. "Jus'n hopes ones o'thee's greenies be smartn' nuffs ta bring a rope."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Athos climbs down he notices that the natural hand and foot holds along with the trees exposed roots make it very easy (DC 10). He will be close to halfway down when he hear's the following-

To those at the top of the cliff:

Martomum and Greyhay watch as the young warrior desends, and Damon goes of to watch from the other side of the tree so as not to be seen. Hralfgar and Trinham watch as the torchlight comes towards them faster than a walking man and aren't surprised when they see mounted men come from the woods. They wear white tabards that have a blue bear across the front. upon further observation (DC5) the two notice that each has a length of rope attacted to their saddles.

When they see the two warriors in the tall grass they draw in their mounts and say. "Who are ye, and whys did ye set fire to dat dar tree?"

wysiwyg

First Post
After making his way down the cliff, Athos approaches the fallen outrider. "Don't worry pal, we'll get you back to camp safe and sound in no time. You're pretty lucky not to have been more injured, even though you probably don't feel so lucky right now." He puts his arm under the rider's shoulders and helps him back up to his feet. Slowly and carefully they make their way back to the bottom of the cliff waiting for some help (i.e. rope) from above. If none comes, Athos will have no choice but to put lift the soldier onto his shoulder and try make his way back up by himself.

[sblock]Athos' actions probably span over a few rounds (probably even minutes). HM: Tell me when it's my turn to start posting again.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc] Will do wysiwyg, and just want to see if ghostcat wants to answer the mans question or wait for Martomum? or post a new ready action? [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Spot Check (1d20=12)

Trinham looks towards the dwarf and sees that he is still busy rescuing the outrider. Deciding that its up to him he starts to make a response, which he visibly bites back as he further decides that diplomacy is the better option and instead says "We are a party of Duke Bairian's irregulars under the command of Martomum Stonebreaker, who is currently over by the cliff rescuing his outrider. Now I don't want to presume to give you orders sir. However, if you don't send a couple of your men with ropes over to help him, he will probably strip the skin off your hide with his tongue. As for the burning bush, that is a tale for a warm campfire and a mug of ale rather than a cold dark forest.

By the way sir. Who are you?

This is all said in a pleasant, almost conversational, tone of voice. However, Trinham still does not yet trust the riders, so has not let his guard down one iota.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Yuse is haves the dwarf?" the man asks as his horse dances in irritation. "Hands 'em overs now by the order of's Lord Bairan!" he says drawing his sword, the other three men do likewise.

ghostcat

First Post
Things are starting to get just too complicated for Trinham. Men who have not identified themselves, yet purport to come from the Duke, are demanding he hands over his leader. Well, when in doubt pass it up the chain of command. "Martomum. Trouble. Better get over here; now."

Trinham draws his own sword in response to the riders drawing their's. At the same time he prepares to dazzle the leader's horse.

[sblock="OOC"]Ready Flare spell. Cast on leaders horse, once a fight breaks out. Note the target may change if another rider start to attack Trinham.

BTW. Does Trinham recognise the livery?[/sblock]
[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Flare, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Magic Missile[/sblock]
[sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (X) () ()
1 Level: (X) (X) ()[/sblock]

Remove ads