• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Search in the Dark

wysiwyg

First Post
Leading a small party of scouts, moving stealthily through the forest as fast as they can while the trail is still fresh, Athos is calm while sensing the growing apprehension of those with him. This is the difference between me and the: they let their imagination run wild instead of focusing on the task at hand. A great journey always begins with a small step. The lack of light in the forest makes every shadow a demon, every root a tentacle waiting to grab and devour. It is just a run in the night, the forest is no different now then what it was a few hours ago. Greyhay the tracker has spotted some wolf footprints crossing those of mounted horses a mile back and we have heard their yelping no far from here. We must be close. I could swear that it is the foul spirits that the dwarf drinks that I smell. Someone should talk to him about that odour. Peering through a clearing Athos spots feint light through the thick woods. Gesturing with his hand he orders the group to halt. Athos peers from behind a thick oak to see the sight of Martomum kneeling over a prone young man who looks like a new recruit. Probably knocked him out with his smell. “Have some pity on the poor sod Martomum and move a mile away from his nostrils. I saw wolves running from here too – probably maimed their sense of smell for life too.”

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
While cleaning and wrapping Shinn's wounds the old dwarf grumbles. "Ain't nuffin' wrongs wit ta smellin natural!"

The dwarf stands to look at the new arrivals "Wells lookin like tat old fool sents more greenies ta 'elp."

Shaking his head he helps a wounded Shinn to his feet.

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Athos grins at the dwarf’s idea of natural smells. He moves into the clearing followed by the four men accompanying him. One of the men is limping due to a recent sprained ankle caused while tripping on a tree root. “I see you’ve survived a hungry pack. Well done. But we do have a troop to find before their trail vanishes. Rhail, you cannot come with us, you will just slow us down with that ankle. Gerso, Werpin accompany Rhail back to the camp, Greyhay and I will continue with these fine warriors. Well gentleman shall we be moving?” That said, Athos turns and follows Greyhay who has already started searching for the trail's tracks.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Here's now," the dwarf says. "Takes the lad with ya." he gestures to Shinn.

Shinn still dazed by the quick fight is led off by the others and they disappear into the darkness. "Wells," the dwarf sighs, "I's ready what say the rests of ye?" asking the three greenies left.

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham relaxes slightly having found out that the newcomers are on his side. However, he still keeps a lookout just in case something else tries to creep up on the group.

"Ready when you are. Although some first-aid would be appreciated but only if we have the time."

Trinham calls Mogins, who jumps down from his tree and rubs round his master's legs wanting his head stroked.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc]I forgot about the cat opps. Waiting for a post like ghostcats above from Galphanore and Erwinfoxxjj then we will play on. Then I'll need a marching order as you follow the NPC (is his shirt red? i thought it looked red?) through the night [/sblock]

Galphanore

First Post
Damon glances around to make sure there are no further wolves nearby and then steps forward, making it clear he's ready to follow as well and says, "I will watch the rear."

wysiwyg

First Post
Athos is a few paces behind Greyhay the tracker who's in the lead (I'm assuming).

[sblock]PS: how do I do the hide text in a box again? I'll delete this part and re-edit. Thanks for your help in advance.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
"Ah," Hralfgar wipes away the sweat and alcohol from his beard. "For you master dwarf?" Hralfgar passes the dark bottle to the dwarf. He takes up position just behind the dwarf with his torch.

Remove ads