• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Searching a rule

Kodam

First Post
Hi!

I was pretty sure that Weapon Specialization only works up to a range of 30 ft. ala Sneak Attack or Point Blank Shot. But I can't find it in the books now. Am I remembering an 3.0 rule that was changed in 3.5?

Could anyone give me a pointer, please?

Kodam

dcollins

Explorer
Original poster is correct, limit was in 3.0 (and previous editions), removed in 3.5.

3.0 SRD
Weapon Specialization [Special]
Choose one type of weapon. The character is especially good at inflicting damage with this weapon.
Benefit: The character adds +2 to all damage inflicted with the weapon the character has specialized with. If the weapon is a ranged weapon, the target must be within 30 feet.

3.5 SRD
WEAPON SPECIALIZATION [GENERAL]
Choose one type of weapon for which you have already selected the Weapon Focus feat. You can also choose unarmed strike or grapple as your weapon for purposes of this feat. You deal extra damage when using this weapon.
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on all damage rolls you make using the selected weapon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads