• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Serenity" DVD commercials on TV

mojo1701

First Post
Is it just me, or have there been more commercials for the DVD version "Serenity" as opposed to the cinema release?

I've also noticed about three different versions of the commercials.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
mojo1701 said:
Is it just me, or have there been more commercials for the DVD version "Serenity" as opposed to the cinema release?

Do they actually talk about the movie or do they fall into the trap of just gushing about how great Joss Wheadon is, like the cinema trailers and ads seemed to do.

WizarDru

Adventurer
mojo1701 said:

No idea, though it may be just you. I saw a LOT of Serenity commercials leading up to the movie, but can't say as I've seen a single one for the DVD release. However, it was also a case of target marketing. I saw it during Lost, for example, which is currently in reruns. I think they were specifically targetting certain audiences...I'm not sure if they're doing so now.

They may be pushing harder, since the DVD sales may make more than the actual ticket sales. Given the success of the Firefly box-set, that's not that unlikely.

mojo1701

First Post
My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I told her an external DVD burner, and "Serenity" on DVD.

She called me from Sam's Club this afternoon (she was going to get it at Future Shop, which is considerably closer, considering that Sam's Club is in Cambridge) to ask me if I wanted Wide or Fullscreen.

John Crichton

First Post
mojo1701 said:
My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I told her an external DVD burner, and "Serenity" on DVD.

She called me from Sam's Club this afternoon (she was going to get it at Future Shop, which is considerably closer, considering that Sam's Club is in Cambridge) to ask me if I wanted Wide or Fullscreen.
And ya said Widescreen, right?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
If you were true fans, you'd get both.

(Joke! Though now that I think about it, it would help chances of more of it in the future, a la Family Guy)

John Crichton

First Post
trancejeremy said:
If you were true fans, you'd get both.

(Joke! Though now that I think about it, it would help chances of more of it in the future, a la Family Guy)
* raises for a backhand *

Fool! The widescreen revolution is at hand!

* burns a fullscreen copy of War of the Worlds *

Remove ads