[Serenity RPG] Across the 'Verse: Old Friends

Maerdwyn

First Post
Balino, seething, steps in closer to Cooper and begins speaking quietly. Having moved in behind Balino, Derek can just make what being said. "This is a Gorram offcil celebration; been scheduled for a year, and I was assured I'd have no troubles. Governor Atkins'll have your stripes you piss me off tonight." "The Governor signed off on this action, sir." One of the soldiers cuts in, "Shall I read the names, Lt.?" Cooper calmly holds up the the back of his hand in a "hold on" gesture without turning from Balino. Balino says, "Give me the names, and I'll speak to them privately after the ball." "Sorry sir, our order are to bring them in now"

Mason takes Castor's arm at the same time Lucius does, saying, "Watch your step there, friend, I gotya." Mason, just behind Castor on right, has his right hand on on Castor's shoulder, and his left hand at Castor's elbow. Castor can feel metal, almost certainly a small gun, in that left hand. He says quietly in Castor's ear, "Who's this guy? You get me outta here, I'll set'ya up on a ship.

Aaron sees Mason's gun, though the guy looks like he's just keeping it ready. From the corner of his eye, he sees Captain Josephs moving purposely towards Mason.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Aaron sees Mason's gun, though the guy looks like he's just keeping it ready. From the corner of his eye, he sees Captain Josephs moving purposely towards Mason.

Castor, of course, does not see the man approaching, but as he feels the two hands grab his arms, he starts heading for the musicians' entrance, smiling in acknowledgment of Mason's offer.

Despite his blindness, Castor is confident that he can make this work. His mental map of the room is precise, and he knows that he can navigate to the partition door. He extrapolates from all he recalls of his time in and out of the room over the past few hours.

"Tell me if I'm about to hit anything," he says under his breath as he starts off, dragging the two others with him. "If I get stopped, you two just keep going. There's a door at the edge of the ballroom by the instruments that leads to where the musicians are. From there, you can access the bowels of the hotel. They'll expect you to flee, so I suggest you head up, in a service lift perhaps, or simply through an emergency exit. You won't have long, but it's a route they'll probably not have thought to cover. They won't be here for me, but I'll be able to stop'em. Just let the gorram *pho kuset* talk to me. You keep going."

McMenomy walks confidently, but does not rush. This is where he belongs, and he is just a musician with a set to perform. He pulls back a smile that reveals his large teeth, and the terrible dimple that was carved there by a Reaver's knife.

Castor's preference is to leave the room if he can, and then to make it away from this place with Mason. But if he is addressed directly (or if Mason or Lucius is), he plans on pushing them gently towards the door, turning around, and with open arms, greet his pursuers.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Castor makes it to the Green room door, which Mason, gratefully, holds open for them. The commotion and noise in the main party room quickly fade away and in the comparative quiet, he turns to his two companions. Recalling his memories from earlier in the evening, he says,

"I've not been to the other wall, and I don't know where it is. But that way," (he points), "that way is a service entrance that will take us into the hotel. Let's move quickly."

McMenomy shifts his grip on Mason and Lucius arm. As they pass the table where he had spent an earlier part of the evening, Castor catches a whiff of the drummer he had sat with, and says, "Take Care, Serge; we were never here." And he cocks an eyebrow as Mason picks up speed.

They enter the service access and are soon outside and in Mason's car, driving away.

"Now you said something about a ship?" asks Castor, hopefully.

ethandrew

First Post
Lucius, for his part, was a bit flustered. He didn't know who this man was on the other side of Castor and whose car he now rode in, but apparently he was a wanted man, making this car home to two of Liann Xin's most wanted.

"You're a businessman, I take it?" Lucius says to Mason. "I have a proposition for you." He doesn't wait for a response, "I know of a large cache of untouched rivina, it's yours if you let us use your boat."

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Slick shadows them into the music room, he catches Lucius just before they get into the car. "If his offer of a ship pans out, come find me at dock 27B. I'm a pilot and I got a shuttle their. Aaron's the name ask Castor about me."

Aaron then heads back into the "party" to see what exactly the Alliance officers and the others are up to.

Last edited:

Remove ads