Servants of the Twilight King (full for now)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The Other Librarian said:
Trust your fate to the hands of the dead gods eh? Lesee... knit, purl, snip!

16, 14, 11, 10, 12, 11.

So strong and tough, and a bit more perceptive than usual.
:)

Edit: Whoops, mistyped.
Well, it seems the dead gods have decreed me to be a human fighter! Lemme get to work on that. :) Any gender restrictions I should be aware of?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, here's my character thus far. :)

Myna Basi, “The Moth”
Female Fighter 3

Region:
Height: 5' 4''
Weight: 151lbs
Hair: White
Eyes: Gray

Str: 16 (+3)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Con: 11 (+0)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 11 (+0)

Class and Racial Abilities: 1 extra feat at first level, 4 additional skill points at first level and 1 additional skill point for each level thereafter. Proficient in simple and martial weapons, all armors and shields.

Hit Dice: 5d10 + 0
WP: 25
VP:
AC: 16 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) [17 with shield]
ACP: –1 [-2 with shield]
Init: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 30ft
Taint: 0
Sanity: 60

Saves:
Fortitude +4 [+3 base, +0 Con, +1 from cloak]
Reflex +4 [+1 base, +2 Dex, +1 from cloak]
Will +3 [+1 base, +1 Wis, +1 from cloak]

BAB/Grapple: +3/+6
Melee Atk: +7 (1d8+3/19-20/x2/S, Mothflight, MW longsword)
Melee Atk: +6 (1d10+4/19-20/x2/B, heavy flail wielded two-handed)
Melee Atk: +6 (2d4+4/x4/P, 5ft. reach, Lucerne hammer)
Ranged Atk: +5 (1d8+3/x3/110 ft./P, mighty composite longbow [+3 Str bonus])

Skills:
Climb +9 [4 ranks, +3 Str, +2 Athletic]
Handle Animal +7 [5 ranks, +0 Cha, +2 Animal Affinity]
Jump +6 [3 ranks, +3 Str]
Listen +1 [0 ranks, +1 Wis]
Ride +10 [2 ranks, +2 Dex, +2 military saddle, +2 synergy, +2 Animal Affinity]
Spot +1 [0 ranks, +1 Wis]
Swim +9 [4 ranks, +3 Str, +2 Athletic]

Feats:
Athletic (1st level)
Animal Affinity (human bonus 1st level)
Point Blank Shot (fighter bonus 1st level)
Precise Shot (fighter bonus 2nd level)
Quick Draw (3rd level)

Languages: Common

Equipment

Wearing or carrying
MW longsword 315gp http://www.melbar.de/Blankwaffen/Englische_Waffen/elven1.jpg
Heavy flail 15gp
Mighty composite longbow (+3 Str bonus) 400gp
40 arrows 2gp
MW chain shirt 250gp
Light steel shield 9gp
Traveler’s outfit (free)
Belt pouch 1gp
Cloak of the Moth (as cloak of resistance embroidered to resemble moth’s wings) 1000gp

On Saberhoof (light warhorse with military saddle, bit and bridle, and saddlebags) 276gp
Backpack 2gp
Bedroll 5sp
Waterskin 1gp
Trail rations (20 days worth) 10gp
Explorer’s outfit 10gp
Winter blanket 5sp
Flint and steel 1gp
4 sacks 4sp
10 lbs soap 5gp
Spade 2gp
Tent 10gp
Dagger 2gp
Lucerne hammer 12gp (Arms and Equipment Guide)
Whetstone 2cp
5 torches 5cp
Hooded lantern 7gp
5 flasks of oil 5sp

Money
170gp, 10sp, 3cp

Sabershoof
Warhorse, Light
Large Animal
Hit Dice: 3d8+9 (22 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares)
AC: 14 (–1 size, +1 Dex, +4 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+9
Attack: Hoof +4 melee (1d4+3)
Full Attack: 2 hooves +4 melee (1d4+3) and bite -1 melee (1d3+1)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +4
Feats: Endurance, Run
Environment: Temperate plains
Organization: Domesticated
Challenge Rating: 1
Carrying Capacity: Light load - 230lbs. or less, Medium load - 231-460lbs., Heavy load - 461 - 690lbs., Saberhoof can drag 3,450lbs.

Saberhoof is a dark brown horse with a black mane and tail. Myna raised him herself, and he likes her very much, particularly because she often has apples or carrots for him. Saberhoof is outfitted with a dark brown leather riding saddle, a bit and bridle (his name is worked into the leather of his halter), and a pair of saddlebags (that contain a care kit of currycomb, brush, and hoofpick). Saberhoof knows the following tricks: Attack, Defend, Guard, Down, Come, and Stay.

Appearance: Myna Basi might have the appearance, at first glance, of being a contradiction. She is not particularly tall or short, but quite heavily-muscled for a normal woman. Her skin is a deep nut brown, but her eyes are pale gray. Her hair, though long, is as white as an old woman’s which sometimes gives people the impression she is far older than she really is. Though time in the sun has given her creases at the corners of her eyes, she is barely past her second decade.

She wears a fine suit of chain mail when she travels or stands guard, keeping her distinctive hair tucked up under her helm. She bears a light shield with the device of the emperor upon it to mark her as one of the soldiers in his army, and also has a fine longsword given to her after the completion of a dangerous but successful scouting mission. However, despite this honor, she prefers to wield her heavy flail or Lucerne hammer in battle, after picking off those she can with her longbow.

Personality: Myna has a soft voice and a strong will, enough to have gotten herself all the way to the emperor’s army from her humble upbringings. Feeling that she has paid her dues thus far, she does not appreciate being called a slacker or coward. She is entirely willing to help do her part in mundane tasks, but truly enjoys combat. Her own natural athleticism sometimes gives her a false sense of confidence in her abilities, but she’s come out on top so far, so will rarely believe evidence to the contrary.

Background: Myna was born the daughter of a horse trader who often sold horses to the emperor’s army. Though she had spent much of her life helping her aged father in taming and training the brutes, it was unlikely that she was going to be able to follow her own path until her father either died or gave up his business. She never really consciously wished for her father’s death, though she often dreamed of the ability to make her own choices. Her mother had died in childbirth, attempting to give her father a son, when Myna was ten. Since then the two had lived on the road, traveling and training with horses.

When Myna was fourteen, her father was trampled to death when the herd stampeded. Myna had been away attempting to gentle a skittish two-year-old when it happened, and it was she who discovered her father’s body. Saddened and heartbroken, and feeling guilty because of her secret wish, Myna buried her father’s body and took the wealth they had accumulated. She spent the next few years traveling, attempting to find forgetfulness, or at least an acceptance within herself. This oftentimes resulted in rather reckless and self-destructive behavior, such as getting into fights or riling up people far more powerful or stronger than her.

She had an epiphany one quite summer’s night as she slept out under the stars with just a single candle for company. She watched a moth circle the candleflame, darting around it, seeming to challenge it, daring itself to see how close it would get. Eventually it got too close to the flames and burned, and she watched in fascinated horror as it flew on burning wings, spiraling to the ground and dying. Somehow she knew that the moth was herself, and she was very close to burning. From that night onward, her hair turned white.

Taking herself to the nearest station of the army, Myna presented herself for training, showing her skill with horses as well as the bow she used to hunt with. She was accepted and taught with the other recruits, learning sword, flail, and polearm in order to fight for His Imperial Majesty. She had taken to calling herself Moth, a nickname that the others accepted when she looted a cloak with moth pattern on the back. She has proven herself to be quite a good soldier in the past few months, and one of her commanders gave her the impression that she might be ready for some solo work.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The Other Librarian said:
Ummm, no psionics, sorry. What did you have in mind as a character?

Well, I was thinking in a world in which there were magic issues that a psion might prove an effective mage-hunter, and that was what I was going with.

Basically a magehunter with a strong dislike of mages and the like working for the system to rid the world of their kind. Annoyingly however, he's come to associate with the same (the system's mages that hunt others) and even actually found that they seem to be alright - creating a quandry for himself.

Keia

The Baron

First Post
Rogue Variant?

I was wondering if I could play the rogue variant in UA that gives you bonus feats as a fighter (you loose sneak attack).

I have a great idea for a rogue/archer I'll post him and just change to sneak attack damage if you don't like the "feat-y" rogue.

rbingham2000

Explorer
So we're planning to go Dark Fantasy, huh? Nice!

Perhaps you wouldn't be averse to a professional assassin in the crew? Someone who's worked with the Empire to take out rivals and threats to their rule, but who is secretly looking for some way to get the hell out of the business and redeem himself.

I would have him be a regular human, though an Imperial human is just as possible (though that Wisdom penalty is definitely going to hurt the guy in the long run). Whichever one I choose, I plan to make the guy a full-on Rogue or a Rogue/Fighter.

rbingham2000

Explorer
Let's see...so far we've got:
  • Keia, who has a psionic magehunter in mind, but has yet to get the OK from The Other Librarian.
  • Isida KepTukari, who has posted her character, the fighter Myna Basi a.k.a. "The Moth"
  • Blue_Genie, who's posted a hell of a backstory about Rorgun of Wrath Alley, his paranoid Rogue/Diviner.
  • Kangaxx, who wants to create a thug/battle sorcerer or a Bardic Sage.
  • The Baron, who wants to play a rogue/archer with the variant rogue from Unearthed Arcana.
  • And yours truly, who has statted-up Malssar the Rat, an assassin looking to get the hell out of the business, but who has yet to post said stats or detail the guy's storyline to any degree.
That's an awful lot of players, considering you only wanted four!

No doubt, some good response. Let me sort things out while my tea kicks in... ;)

Isida and Blue Genie are in like Flynn, provided Genie posts his charater stats.

Now for the rest of you scoundrels:

Keia - I like your character concept a lot, but I really don't want to mess with psionics. If you can change the concept a bit to leave them out, that would be fine. Are there some prestige classes we could raid for magehunter type characters?

Kangax - just waiting to see what you come up with. You got in early, so you and Keia both have priority on a slot.

Baron and rbingham 2k - Both of you are penciled in as alternates right now, but you never know. Both concepts are ok, I think the variant rogue will work ok.

Isida -

Character looks sweet. It's always good when a player can take so vanilla a base and give it a nice flavor.

Hp - We are using the wp/vp rules, so you just need to add that in.
Sanity is 60, taint 0.

Btw love the sword piccy. Tidbits such as this, portraits, etc are always welcome!

Remove ads