Shackled City: A Gestalt Campaign (PG-13/R)

Erekose13

Explorer
"I warned you to drop your weapons villains any time you want to stop and submit to the law we'll call this off." Polaris yells at them, wading still further in to attack the next nearest brigand.

ooc: Will use up the guidance on the next swing. Would have on the first one, but I forgot.

Vargo

First Post
Finally seeing the bloodied priest, and recognizing who seems to be fighting for him, Telenor moved into the fray.

"Be wary for other attackers from above!" he called out in warning, as he tried to move into a flanking position, attacking with his rapier.

Ghostknight

First Post
Watching the battle, Hersghan decided the priest seemed to be holding his own. Instead. sticking to the shadows he moved closer to the three men battling the man with the wolf. When he got close enough, he struck out with his habds anf feet, attempting to subdue the foe to find out what was going on.

ooc:Hershan is assuming the priest is on the correct side :) Other than that, he is striking to subdue rather than to kill.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
* * *​

Telenor tried to maneuver into the alley, but found his way blocked. The wolf and wildman, a mess of flying fur and flashing steel, kept him at bay. Telenor raised his rapier impotently, but kept his eye on the shadowy figure clinging to wall. After hearing his cry, she skittered across the wall, and swung herself up to the rooftop.

Hershan rushed into alley, barely registering the surprised look on the cleric's face as he passed. He stepped to the side of the body the other man had just downed and concentrated on the one with his attention focused on the wolf. He struck with his hand, glancing the man's back with his fist.

OOC: Hershan hit his opponent and dealt 2 nonlethal damage.

Angry, James whispered some arcane words and began to lift his hand into the air. As he did so, the attacker grinned and thrust out his short sword, stabbing James in the side. He nearly gasped, nearly doubled over, but somehow managed to complete the arcane phrase and hold his hand still. The attacker's grin froze on his face as he saw chill, blue flames encompass the druid's hand. Before he could react, James had swiped out with his glowing hand. Cold, necromantic energy suffused the man's body, draining his life force. He stood rigidly in pain, but did not fall.

Snow, another growl deep in her throat, attacked the other painted man and managed to nip his leg, just as he was stumbling from Hershan's blow to his back. She wrenched, attempting to pull him to the ground, but only succeeded in ripping a piece of cloth from his pant leg.

OOC: James provoked an attack of opporunity, took 6 damage, down to 4 hp. He maintained concentration and confirmed a critical hit against his opponent with chill touch, and dealt 9 damage, but the attacker succeeded on his Fortitude save against the Strength damage. Snow's dealt 2 damage, but did not succeed on her trip attempt.

As Polaris readied his swing for the brigand facing the strange wildman, he felt the comforting presence of the cleric behind him. "Relax," was the only word he heard before he felt a warm glow course through his body, not unlike he had previously. This time, however, he felt the wound near his shoulder begin to knit itself and close.

OOC: Polaris healed for 3 hp, now at 9 hp.

The two men remaining began to realize they were on the losing end of the battle, surrounding as they were on both sides, trapped in the narrow alley. One became more agitated an angry, swinging his sword wildly at the wolf in front of him. One swing bit into the animal's side, but did not phase her. The other brute grew panicked as he still tried to shake off the effects of James' spell. His eyes were wide, and the grip on his sword was tight as he searched for a way out. Turning suddenly, he barrelled into Hershan.

OOC: Snow took 4 damage, down to 9 hp.

The monk had noticed the look of fear in the eyes of the painted face as the man turned, and stepped forward to block his movement. "Let me go!" he cried as he stumbled backward.

Polaris, with renewed energy, swung his greatsword around and caught the man who had ignored his warning in the side. In mid-swing, he staggered and fell bleeding to the ground.

The man who had tried to run let out a small cry as his companion fell.

* * *​

Ghostknight

First Post
Looking at the last man, Hershan spins, and strikes at him, once again trying to only knock him out.

Don't kill him!

Hershan calls out, hoping that the people in the alley will isten to reason.

Vargo

First Post
If all foes are down before Telenor can act:

Telenor stood there, glad that the trouble was over, but frustrated that it had been for nought. "Sorry I didn't help out right away. You stumble across some guys fighting in an alley, it's hard to tell who's on the right of it, if anybody..."

If a foe remains standing, but all of the heroes are standing as well:

Telenor glared at the remaining thug. "I suggest you surrender now, if you value your life."

OOC: Intimidate, unskilled +3 (Cha)

If an opening has appeared on his side, but all the heroes are okay:

Telenor stepped into the breach. "Time to take a nap... Hope you like the taste of dirt." Cautiously, he feinted in time with the monk's blows, hoping to distract the thug long enough for the monk to put in his finishing blow.

OOC: Telenor performs the Aid Another action, attempting to give Hershan a +2 to hit.

If an opening has appeared on his side, due to one companion being down:

Telenor pulled the wounded warrior away from the battle, and bravely stepped into his place, protecting him from further harm.

OOC: Telenor drags the warrior out of the line of fire, then takes a 5' step into his place. If he can, he'll take an action to try an unskilled heal check, but I believe that's a full-round action.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC: Well I guess touch attacks are useless in this campaign. They don't usually provoke attacks of oppurtunity. Which I guess, makes James a sub-optimal healer. Fun. :\

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
With the last man quite cornered, Polaris will allow the others who have gathered deal with him. It looks like Pelor was on his side, bringing all the help he needed to stop these foul bandits. Turning to the one on the ground, he thinks for a moment Perhaps outright killing them is not the best idea. He lays his hands on the one just struck, offering a little healing to stabilize the man. Then he turns to the cleric and asks, "Are you okay? Just a moment though I better check on the other one that I have injured."

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
rangerjohn said:
OOC: Well I guess touch attacks are useless in this campaign. They don't usually provoke attacks of oppurtunity. Which I guess, makes James a sub-optimal healer. Fun. :\

OOC: Your touch attack did not provoke an attack of opportunity. Casting a spell within threatening range of an opponent, however, did. Correct me if I'm wrong, but casting any spell will almost always draw an attack of opportunity.

Granted, I make mistakes, but I do my best to prevent and correct them (as I did last time concerning Snow's tricks). Am I missing something entirely, here?

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
jeremy_dnd said:
OOC: Your touch attack did not provoke an attack of opportunity. Casting a spell within threatening range of an opponent, however, did. Correct me if I'm wrong, but casting any spell will always draw an attack of opportunity.

Granted, I make mistakes, but I do my best to prevent and correct them (as I did last time concerning Snow's tricks). Am I missing something entirely, here?

I don't think so. This is my take on it in game - during the spell casting their is an attack of opportunity, the touch attack itself does not provoke one and thus the caster has level number of touch attacks without provoking AoO. My opinion only, I will now quieten dowm and remain quietly in the corner.

Remove ads