Shackled City - Life's Bazaar [FULL]

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I have a dwarven cleric I designed specifically for the Shackled City adventure path. I'll post him from home later tonight for you to check out. Please give him a look.

Last edited:

Watermark12

First Post
Just as an FYI...

With so much interest in this game, I'm willing to look at all submissions, and choose those five that I feel will be the best fit. So, don't assume that the game is closed just because so many have responded. I'll be making my choices within a day or two. Stay tuned.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Brokkus Cronin

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Brokkus Cronin
[B]Class:[/B] Cleric
[B]Race:[/B] Gold Dwarf
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] CN
[B]Deity:[/B] Obad-Hai

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 (6p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 9 (1d8+1)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (2p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +2     [B]Current HP:[/B] 9
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Save DC Mod:[/B] +2
[B]Wis:[/B] 15 +2 (8p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +1
[B]Cha:[/B] 12 +1 (4p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -4

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]           10    +4    +0    +1    +0    +0    +0     15
[B]Touch:[/B] 11              [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 14

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      2     +1          +3
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0     +1          +1
[B]Will:[/B]                      2     +2          +4
[B]+2 racial bonus against poison, spells, or spell-like effects[/B]

[B]Weapon                 Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Dwarven waraxe 2h         +2    1d10+3           x3
Dwarven waraxe 1h         +2    1d10+2           x3
Light crossbow            +1       1d8      19-20x2 (range 80’)

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Dwarven

[B]Abilities:[/B]
[B]Dwarf:[/B] Darkvision 60’; Stonecunning: automatic Search checks for unusual
stonework (including traps) within 10’; Stability (+4 bonus vs. bull rush
or trip); +1 Atk vs. aberrations; +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. giant-type
[B]Cleric:[/B] Spontaneous Casting, Turn Undead (5x/day)

[B]Feats:[/B] Martial Weapon Proficiency [dwarven waraxe]

[B]Skill Points:[/B]  8        [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                  Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appraise                   0    +0          +0 (+2 stone or metal)
Balance                    0    +1          +1 (-3 when in armor)
Climb                      0    +2          +2 (-2 when in armor)
Craft                      0    +0          +0 (+2 stone or metal)
Escape Artist              0    +1          +1 (-3 when in armor)
Heal                       4    +2          +6
Hide                       0    +1          +1 (-3 when in armor)
Jump                       0    +2          +2 (-2 when in armor)
Knowledge (religion)       4    +0          +4
Listen                     0    +2          +2
Move Silently              0    +1          +1 (-3 when in armor)
Search                     0    +0          +0 (+2 unusual stonework)
Spot                       0    +2          +2
Swim                       0    +2          +2 (-6 when in armor)

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Explorer’s Outfit         0gp   --lb
Scale mail               50gp   30lb
Holy symbol, wooden       1gp   --lb
Dwarven waraxe           30gp    8lb
Light crossbow           35gp    4lb
Bolts (20)                2gp    2lb
Waterskin                 1gp    4lb
Spell component pouch     5gp    2lb
 [B]Total Weight:[/B] 50lb    [B]Money:[/B] 1gp 0sp 0cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                 58   116   175   350   875

[B]Age:[/B] 68
[B]Height:[/B] 4'2"
[B]Weight:[/B] 172lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] hazel
[B]Hair:[/B] chestnut
[B]Skin:[/B] golden tan

Cleric Domains:
Air (Turn or destroy earth creatures; rebuke, command or bolster air creatures)
Earth (Turn or destroy air creatures; rebuke, command or bolster earth creatures)

Spells Per Day: 3/2+1
Spells Prepared:
0—detect magic, guidance, read magic;
1st—comprehend languages, obscuring mist*, summon monster I

Prepares spells at dawn
Can’t cast Law spells

Appearance: Brokkus, or Acolyte Cronin as he is known in his official capacity, is stocky and lean. His scale mail armor covers a muscular body toned by a lifetime of difficult physical work. However, his hazel eyes betray a fancy for the philosophical. His golden tan skin is complemented by a luxurious chestnut beard, the strands of which hang in a multitude of meticulous braids from his chin and jaw. His head is completely bald. Although he doesn’t wear cleric’s vestments while away from the monastery, he does cover his armor with a kelly green tunic, and a large wooden symbol of Obad-Hai hangs around his waist on a simple leather thong.

Background: Brokkus’s homeland lies thousands of miles away, and is an enormous underground city-state. Brokkus’s parents, however, were part of a small contingent sent to colonize a distant mountain range, so Brokkus was born and raised in the mountains. His days were spent hard at work, carving new tunnels and halls deep into the side of the mountain. Leisure time, however, was spent exploring the wooded surface, with its great, wide sky.

Brokkus’s life and thinking took on an odd sort of balance: between earth and air. For Brokkus, earth began to symbolize the underground world of work and physical effort, while air came to symbolize the surface world where he found the freedom and space to pursue his philosophical studies. These two aspects of his life balanced his body and mind as well, making him both strong and wise.

Brokkus found great wonder in the strange, almost spiritual balance of his life. It reminded him of the balance he found in the natural world of his up-bringing: earth and air. When he came of age, he left for the local monastery of Obad-Hai. He was a good student there, devoting his time to the mastery of the Earth and Air clerical domains. Obad-Hai’s neutral nature complemented Brokkus’s sense of balance well.

However, his chaotic nature eventually overcame him, and Brokkus asked the Prefect for permission to leave the monastery to pursue his studies as a traveling cleric. The Prefect, seeing that Acolyte Cronin would not be denied, consented. Brokkus took up his axe and bow, armored himself in scale mail forged by the dwarven colonists, and set out to learn more about earth and air in the wide world.

When Brokkus heard of an entire city perched precariously in the caldera of a dormant volcano, he simply had to go there. To think, an entire city existing in the balance between earth and air! Now that he is here in the city of Cauldron, Brokkus finds that his curiosity is nearly burning him from the inside out. He wants nothing more than to understand the mysteries of this place. Of course, that kind of exploring is difficult to do alone...

Note: the only thing non-core is the Gold Dwarf race, which is from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.

Khur

Sympathy for the Devil
Watermark12 said:
What specifically did you have in mind?
A LN (good leanings) human (or half-orc) cleric/monk of Saint Cuthbert with a history tied to the overthrow of the Sea Princes and the legacy of the Scarlet Brotherhood. The monk treads a middle road, with the domains of Destruction and Protection as his guides.

Given that many aspects of the cleric and monk play on each other’s strengths, it might be wise to charge me a feat for the privilege of multiclassing. If you choose not to, it's fine with me.

I'm willing to post the character, but I'd rather not post his complete background. That's something the other players should have to learn (or not).

I'd either like to use the 3.0 multiclass at 1st-level rules or start as a monk with acolyte training, but no clerical powers as of yet. The character will focus on monk, if another player takes the role of cleric, or vice versa.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Ulfdor Black
Human Cleric of St. Cuthbert

Align: LG

Str: 12 +1 (4p.)
Dex: 12 +1 (4p.)
Con: 12 +1 (4p.)
Int: 10 +0 (2p.)
Wis: 16 +3 (10p.)
Cha: 12 +1 (4p.)

Destruction, Protection

Starting gold: 125 gp
scale mail [50 gp, 30 lb]
heavy wooden shield, on back [7 gp, 15 lb]
longspear [5 gp, 9 lb]
heavy mace [12 gp, 8 lb]
javelin [1 gp, 2 lb]
50 gp left over for misc items (tbd)

Skills:
Concentration +8 (4 ranks +1 Con +3 skill focus)
Diplomacy +5 (4 ranks +1 Cha)
Heal +7 (4 ranks +3 Wis)

Feats:
combat reflexes
skill focus concentration

Spell Prepared:
0-detect magic, light, resistance
1-cause fear, command, sanctuary (d)

Character Notes:
Ulfdor squints and blinks a lot, making him look like a dim-witted fool, or at least a fool with bad eyesight. Nonetheless he is a relentless protector of the weak, and once set on a task, is one to carry it out with great zeal. When he lowers his hood, you see that his head is shaved bald, and he has a ruby-studded starburst tattooed on it.

I'll fill in the details and format this better if he's accepted :)

Watermark12

First Post
Three Slots Filled, Two Left!

I've made some decisions about the group, and would like to invite the following three players into the game.

Two-Gun Kid as Toskar, Dwarven Fighter (sometimes the early bird really does get the worm! And, I like the effort shown on his background so far.)

Khur as unnamed monk/cleric (see next post for specifics.)

Vigwyn the Unruly as Brokkus, Dwarven Cleric (two dwarves from different backgrounds could make for some good role-play, and I just flat-out like the uniqueness of the character)

So, that leaves two spots left open. As you can see, the party has a good amount of melee bashing, and divine magic. It needs a rogue/bard for some stealthy activity, and a sorcerer/wizard for arcane spellcasting. I'd like to choose from the following applicants:

CoolHand (arcane spellcaster would be great, need to see a character proposal)

tigycho (I like your experience, need to see a character proposal)

Tarlonniel (Vow of Poverty is acceptable, need to see a character proposal)

Mimic (initial character was good, just rejected for party balance reasons. Feel free to submit another)

silentspace (initial character was good, just rejected for party balance reasons. Feel free to submit another)

Please send character proposals at your earliest opportunity.

Watermark12

First Post
Khur said:
A LN (good leanings) human (or half-orc) cleric/monk of Saint Cuthbert with a history tied to the overthrow of the Sea Princes and the legacy of the Scarlet Brotherhood. The monk treads a middle road, with the domains of Destruction and Protection as his guides.

Given that many aspects of the cleric and monk play on each other’s strengths, it might be wise to charge me a feat for the privilege of multiclassing. If you choose not to, it's fine with me.

I'm willing to post the character, but I'd rather not post his complete background. That's something the other players should have to learn (or not).

I'd either like to use the 3.0 multiclass at 1st-level rules or start as a monk with acolyte training, but no clerical powers as of yet. The character will focus on monk, if another player takes the role of cleric, or vice versa.

I like the duality and inherent conflict of the domain choices. Should make for some interesting development.

Having thought it over a bit more, I agree with your assessment that there should be a price paid for the monk/cleric multi-class, so I will require that the character take the Monastic Training feat.

Feel free to post the character at your convenience. If you don't wish to publicize the background, please e-mail it to me at:
watermarktemple (at) yahoo (dot) com

I'm not a big fan of the first level multiclass rules, so I'd prefer that he start as a first level monk.

Watermark12

First Post
Two-Gun Kid said:
Is there a specific bar I should have Toskar working at? I know this hinges on me getting accepted to the game, but as I am making up his history, I was curious...:)

Toskar has just recently began using the Greatclub, basically his second night on the job, and since he has proven he is not afraid to use it, the crowd in "his" bar has gotten steadily better, much to the delight of <insert bar owner here>. Toskar has also offered to share with him the recipe for "real" ale and whiskey after the first time he sampled what the bar had for sale and nearly spit it right out thinking someone had given him water.

If anyone would like to work on a partial shared background, perhaps they could be "regulars" at the bar, or perhaps they could have been on the receiving end of a club nudge if they had gotten a bit "loud" in the bar.

The way I look at it, the more we discuss before and as the game is getting ready to start, the more RPing chances we will have once it does start.

We could say the Toskar has found employment at The Tipped Tankard. It's kind of a dive, but the proprietor, Rivek Mol, is glad to have a steady arm at the ready for when trouble breaks out (as it often does).

Remove ads