Shadowrun: For Us It Was a Tuesday [OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
Pading!

Okay, so you have a base pool of 18 dice with your SMG. You can either just shoot one, at full pool, or shoot both of them at once, going half pool each. If you shoot both, they can be at different targets or the same.

Your first short burst will be a 'freebie' in that the recoil compensation you've got will suck up the penalties. Beyond that you may start suffering some dice pool reduction. As a result, my suggestion would be to delay your action until the ghouls are visible, then dual fire your SMGs with short bursts. Targeting would depend on how many you see. If there's a lot, target two. If there's just a few, try to take one down with a double burst.

Next turn, you may want to just fire one SMG to get as big a pool as you can. Remember, since extra successes add to base damage, having a big pool is never a waste unless it pushes you over your limit. :)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Pading!

Okay, so you have a base pool of 18 dice with your SMG. You can either just shoot one, at full pool, or shoot both of them at once, going half pool each. If you shoot both, they can be at different targets or the same.

Your first short burst will be a 'freebie' in that the recoil compensation you've got will suck up the penalties. Beyond that you may start suffering some dice pool reduction. As a result, my suggestion would be to delay your action until the ghouls are visible, then dual fire your SMGs with short bursts. Targeting would depend on how many you see. If there's a lot, target two. If there's just a few, try to take one down with a double burst.

Next turn, you may want to just fire one SMG to get as big a pool as you can. Remember, since extra successes add to base damage, having a big pool is never a waste unless it pushes you over your limit. :)

Thanks! Some of this makes no sense to me but someone will tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'm sure. lol

Shayuri

First Post
I'm here!

Sorry, got bogged down, and then wanted to read more about cybercombat to see if it was worth my time engaging this IC, but...

Ah man. I really want to make this work, but I HAVE to get a handle on the cyberspace rules first! We've been playing it really fast and loose...which is good for the now, but it isn't teaching me anything.

Anyway, my apologies for the delay. From what I can tell, once IC has found me my best bet is to hide again...and I don't think that's something I want to mess with when we're neck deep in ghouls.

So I'll dig up my sheet, roll init, and join the rest of y'all in meatspace for this. :)

galenbd

First Post
I'll be on vacation until next Tuesday. I'll have connectivity at night in the hotel, but I doubt I'll be there much. Please NPC Prometheus while I'm gone.

"So Floch now has to roll to see if he soaks the DV 7 damage. If he does not soak all the damage, I believe he also takes a temporary -1 to his AP."

What do I need to roll to avoid the damage?

galenbd

First Post
I'm back, but late. I had fun bit of Strep Throat at the end of my vacation which delayed me. My apologies.

It sounds like there's only one ghoul left. I thought Prometheus hit it with a lightning bolt. Are we still on that round?

Remove ads