• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory--Act I: The Boundless Void

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist (6/18 hp)

When Zaeryn finds she isn’t breathing, he drops to his knees next to her, and begins shaking her shoulders and stroking her face, blocking out the reality of the situation, as he repeats, “Come on Valyssa, breathe for me...”

OOC: You broke Zaeryn.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Yuriko remains standing with an expression that clearly reads 'If you wait around there, she'll start moving again, alright, and not in a good way', but she doesn't say anything right now, as it would be rude.*

(OOC: Sorry :( Every once in a while in combat, somebody dies. Honestly, I'm surprised this is the first time--you owed the grim reaper after Kiss of Darkness)

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist (6/18 hp)

*After a few repetitions, it seems Zaeryn has come to terms with what’s happened, as he leans forward and kisses Valyssa, before just getting up and walking away silently, a broken man.*

OOC: I’m sure he’ll bounce back eventually, but he’s going to be very different for a while... perhaps a long while. Having a character that could fight back might have been nice though. :(

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That's true. Although then she would have had no spells and would have been easier to hit, so she might have gone down faster :()

*Yuriko simply nods, realising that at the best of times she didn't have the Charisma to console him, and after her drain the only thing keeping her out of a coma is her Charisma-boosting item. Once Zaeryn is away, Yuriko decapitates Valyssa's corpse.*

"So do we look for the Voidwight?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Kirkesh looks at Vanessa, hoping she can do something for Valyssa, but he knows it is too late. He walks over to Zaeryn and puts his hand on his shoulder, "We'll get it for her. We won't let it take another."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No)

*Kirkesh dashes down towards the hatch to get to the Helmsman's Chamber just as Allure, enervated and her head badly bruised, tumbles around the corner and slams into him before coming abovedecks.*

"We're under attack!" she shouts, looking around, "They, they killed my sister. My sister!" she cries dejectedly, tears filling her eyes, "But I have no magic left--make them PAY!"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Is it the Voidwraith?" Kirkesh says, weapon at the ready.

OOC: He'll continue on once he gets the answer either way. Hopefully Vanessa is following.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads