• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn: Beneath The Towers IC

Vargo

First Post
"Search me," Liu says. "But you can be sure we'll get to the bottom of this." She looks at the collected dwarves for a moment, then says, "I need you all to guard the prisoners. Don't torture them, kill them, or otherwise take any kind of revenge on them. Anything you do to them may reduce the chances we get your companions back."

Liu then takes Murt aside, and talks to him in a low voice, so that only he and the party hopefully can hear. "Murt, there's more going on here than just a couple of goblins. We aren't the first group that's been sent down here - one other group was sent before us. Either they were ambushed before they got here, or they cut and run for some reason, but either way this area probably isn't terribly safe right now. It's up to you whether you want to hold put and fortify or clear out for a bit. My guess is you probably are better off sticking together and holding put for now, while we check this out more fully."

tyrlaan

Explorer
Eldon Splinthollow, Halfling Rogue/Warlock

"Okay, so I suppose we find this 'Queen', huh?" Eldon does an overdramaticized quotation expression when he says queen. Clearly he has his doubts.

Harvey

First Post
Liu's comments to the dwarves causes some rumbles amongst the crowd, but they all seem in agreement. As Liu speeks to him in whispers, he replies "Ah. A second party also lost. I would assume that this group are the ones that might have found the site to begin with. That brings up something else that seemed out of place. When we were originally commissioned for this job, I thought to myself "This is a poor place for building an ore processing site." It is in an out-of-the-way location of the Cogs, and look here" he says, pointing to the paths leading to the rest of Ashblack. "This embankment will cause problems in loading any sorts of large equipment here. But Vestan seemed very intent on building the site, and who am I to argue myself out of a job."

"In the meantime, we would be more than happy to keep an eye on the prisoner. I will keep an eye on my men. Plus, well... we need payment, one way or another. And until this is all settled, we aren't leaving for anything."

Vargo

First Post
Liu Xie, Human Druid

"Guess it's settled then. Well, friends, looks like we have a 'queen' to go deal with. Oh, and I think we'd better have a word with our friend when we get done with this."

The last time you heard Liu use the word 'friend' in the way she intoned it, you found there were uses for the entangle spell that should have never been discovered.

Liu shoulders up her equipment, and waits for the rest of the crew.

OOC: Marching order, folks? Let's keep the elf in the middle or the back this time, I don't mind being near the front...

P0L

Explorer
Fixer, Warforged artificer

A gobling queen? That shouldn´t be so dificult. As for marching, the only thing I'd ask is that you let me have a clear shot before rushing in kicking and slashing. I'm not so fast but this crossbow fires a pretty big bolt, and its better if it doesnt end lodged in a comrades back

Fixer follows them, crossbow in his hands.

khavren

First Post
"I think we should go Coal, me, eldon, Fixer, Kah, Liu. Any objections?" Wan-Tan replies to Fixer's request for a crossbow shot.

Harvey

First Post
Eldon finds it quite easy, using his spiderclimb ability, to stick to the ceiling, though with the ceilings only being 8 feet tall, he quickly realizes that being on the ceiling won't be the best deterrent from escaping the swing of a melee fighter.

Coal, in his typical terse manner, says "Sounds good. I will take the lead then." Kah looks relieved to not be in the front line.

The group approaches the trap door that Kah found, and look at it. Coal examines the seam where the trap door meets the floor. He looks back at the group: "I think I can lift it, but what if it's trapped?"

OOC: New Map-
CurrentMap1.jpg

tyrlaan

Explorer
Eldon Splinthollow, Halfling Rogue/Warlock

Eldon shrugs his shoulders and looks at Coal.

"Don't look at me. I can't find those kind of things."

Remove ads