• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostrune

First Post
IcyCool said:
OOC: [sblock]Sorry about that folks, I was away from computer access for a few days. Now that I look back on the idea, what I suggested really amounts to just crashing a different adventure. I'm glad folks didn't have much interest, because I'd probably have withdrawn the idea when I got back. That said, Aidan didn't formally suggest anything, so we'll consider the idea dead. Assuming the judges don't consider letting the adventure go a violation of Aidan's paladin code, I'm happy to let it slide.[/sblock]

Aidan looks up at Caz and smiles, "It's a pleasure to meet you Caz, please sit. I am Aidan ir'Allistair." He reaches out to shake Caz's hand.

Caz hesitates for a moment but eventually accepts the handshake and the seat.

"I had not realized you were of the noble caste." He nods in defference.

"Please forgive my intrusion but you mentioned something a short time ago that I thought I needed to comment on."

"You mentioned yonder patron <gesturing toward the curtained booth> was offering a job regarding the theft of some 'illegal substance' and expressed your desire to perhaps bring him to justice."

"A noble ideal to be sure, but a dangerous one. I thought you should know that most large scale movements of illegal substances are controlled by one of several criminal gangs. This man could be an operative of a rival gang or simply a newcomer looking for a piece of the action. Whatever the case, a mission of this type could put you squarely between rival guilds. Not a good place to be."

"Guilds in this town wield considerable influence... through all levels of society. Taking this matter to the authorities may prove as troublesome as trying to do something about it yourself."

"Just thought you should know."
He nods and prepares to leave.

OOC: [sblock] I assume it is common knowledge the ir' prefix denotes nobility. If not Caz has no other reason to think that and you can disregard that part of my post. [/sblock]

IcyCool

First Post
Aidan listens intently as Caz speaks, then nods gravely when he is finished. "Noble? Perhaps, though as the fourth of my father's sons, my chances of any decent continuation of that life is quite remote. No, I am simply a humble servant of the Silver Flame now." Aidan grins ruefully, "It appears that I have much to learn about the inner workings of Sharn. I hadn't thought that direct confrontation on this matter would accomplish much, but now I am certain of it. A pity, really, that such corruption runs rampant here. Any sort of lasting change will be slow to accomplish, I'm afraid. But I will do what I can. I thank you for your information, and you seem like a decent fellow. If you are in no hurry to leave, I'd welcome the company."

Patlin

Explorer
stonegod said:
[sblock=ooc re rules]I'm fairly certain that is for items like boots of elven kind which require a spell as prereq. Read Scribe Scroll carefully (bold my emphasis):This is different from Craft Wondrous Item: The text you quoted has to do with wondrous items, wands and such, not scrolls (or potions).

Your reading would allow wizards to create scrolls of spells they do not know, which is not a reading I would allow. Artificers are no different (they just emulate the spell instead of knowing it).[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc rules]Depending on where you look (Here for example) there is language that states that you must have the spell prepared or known for each and every kind of magic item that can be made, wonderous items and staves included. It seems to me that the rules assume only one item creator, and ignore the possibility of a team effort in most places that address this issue. However, the rules on cooperating on magic items seem relatively clear when they do actually remember to adress them -- and they do not by there terms exclude scrolls.

Furthermore, the living world rules specifically discuss cooperating on magic item creation, in the second rulein this post and also I've discussed my intention to procede this way in a proposal thread, in which the judges merely commented that NPCs would charge me more than I desired for this service, and not that the task couldn't be done in this way.

While I respect your opinion, I think my interpretation on this is correct. Barring Rystil, Bront or KO piping in, I intend to proceed.[/sblock]

frostrune

First Post
IcyCool said:
Aidan listens intently as Caz speaks, then nods gravely when he is finished. "Noble? Perhaps, though as the fourth of my father's sons, my chances of any decent continuation of that life is quite remote. No, I am simply a humble servant of the Silver Flame now." Aidan grins ruefully, "It appears that I have much to learn about the inner workings of Sharn. I hadn't thought that direct confrontation on this matter would accomplish much, but now I am certain of it. A pity, really, that such corruption runs rampant here. Any sort of lasting change will be slow to accomplish, I'm afraid. But I will do what I can. I thank you for your information, and you seem like a decent fellow. If you are in no hurry to leave, I'd welcome the company."

"As you prefer my lord," he winks as he comfortably settles back into his chair.

"Fortunately, or unfortunately, I'm all too familiar with the inner workings of this city... or at least the lower districts. It has its charms to be sure, but it can be more than passing difficult on those of stiff ethics."

"It is hard to hold to such ideals here, especially growing up on the streets. I wish you luck."

He extends his mug in a toast.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"Yes, in partnership I believe we could creat the scrolls most efficiently. The materials are a notable expense, but my teachers in house Canith indicated a 100% markup on material costs was normal, so between us we could save a significant sum."
Shoot wasn't sure he understood everything the repairman was saying, but he did understand that he was confident that together, they could make scrolls. Shoot had never considered just sitting around making scrolls all day, there were so many other important things to do. But he did like magic, and it would be nice to have some extra spells on a scroll some time. He wasn't sure how to cast a spell from a scroll, but his teacher had assured him that it wasn't that hard, so he trusted that having scrolls would be a good idea.

His teacher had said that if he came to Sharn and went to the Tower's Shard, that he would learn all kinds of important things. Maybe he was supposed to come here and learn how to make scrolls. Druids sometimes did that, but he thought taking care of plants and animals was more important. But his Teacher was smart, and maybe learning how to make scrolls wouldn't be too hard.

"Ok. Ok. I'll help you make scrolls. But you'll have to teach me. You teach me and I'll help you."
Patlin said:
ooc: If Shoot contributes the spells to be cast, Anvuss will provide the xp and the item creation feat. We'd both have to put in craft points. A scroll of 2 first level spells will cost 50 gp in materials, 2 xp, and 10 craft points each. I suggest we do this twice and each receive a scroll of 2 first level druid spells.
Ooc: Sounds like a plan to me.

Patlin

Explorer
El Jefe said:
"Ok. Ok. I'll help you make scrolls. But you'll have to teach me. You teach me and I'll help you."Ooc: Sounds like a plan to me.

"Excellent! Are there any spells you recomend? I ave heard of a spell that makes magic berries, as well as general healing magic, but I am open to suggestions."

ooc: I'm recalculating what you just quoted and getting different numbers. :eek: 1st level spell scrolls cost 25 gp market or 12.5 gp and 1 xp to craft. Doubling this for a scroll of two spells is 50 gp market or 25 gp and 2 xp to craft.

Anvuss must: Subtract 25 gp, 4 xp, and 10 craft points.
Shoot must: subtract 25 gp, 10 craft points.

Tell me if I'm messing this up...

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"Excellent! Are there any spells you recomend? I ave heard of a spell that makes magic berries, as well as general healing magic, but I am open to suggestions."
Shoot was happy. "Oh, I know that one!", he said gleefully. "Those berries are strong. They can fix you when you're broken. They fix people and wo-dogs, too. The other spells are good for people, but not so good on us. I use one on Fang when he gets hurt."
Patlin said:
ooc: I'm recalculating what you just quoted and getting different numbers....
Anvuss must: Subtract 25 gp, 4 xp, and 10 craft points.
Shoot must: subtract 25 gp, 10 craft points.

Tell me if I'm messing this up...
OoC: I think you're missing the part where Shoot only has 4 gp and a little bit of pocket change...

Patlin

Explorer
El Jefe said:
OoC: I think you're missing the part where Shoot only has 4 gp and a little bit of pocket change...

When it turns out Shoot doesn't have cash for supplies, Anvuss offers to loan him the inks.

"They say this is a good place to find work. You can replace the inks after we get paid. If we wind up on seperate jobs, you can leave the inks with Brew for the next time we stop in. And if we wind up on the same job, those scrolls could save us should things get dangerous."

"I know healing magic works poorly on the 'forged, but my own talents include repair. Should I have a biological companion, however, I couldn't heal without a scroll. I would not want to be unable to help in that circumstance."

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"You can replace the inks after we get paid. If we wind up on seperate jobs, you can leave the inks with Brew for the next time we stop in."
This was getting complicated! The 'forged found the idea interesting enough to pursue, though. "Oh...Ok, so you buy the ink and then I pay you back. Ok, I could do that. You don't have to worry, I'll pay you back."
Patlin said:
"...Should I have a biological companion, however, I couldn't heal without a scroll. I would not want to be unable to help in that circumstance."
"Oh, I can do healing magic. You want me to make them all healing magic? I can do that. I can make 'em all healing magic if you want", replied Shoot.[sblock=OoC: ]You can have any 1st or 0th-level druidic spell in the book. Shoot gets 3 0th and 2 1st-level spells per day, and refreshes his spell slots every morning at dawn. He'll keep casting until Anvuss is satisfied.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Bloodtalon listens quietly from his corner. He has yet to reveal any face, hands or feet from beneath his cloak yet. Though out of the corner of their eye, some patrons could swear they saw a beak or a talon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads