• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
"What a fascinating creature! How did you come to know him?"

[sblock=ooc]Doesn't feel robot like to me. Weapon, Anvuss and shoot all have pretty distinct personalities. Personally, I enjoy playing a warforged. The idea of a fully trained adventurer who's only two years old and has had fairly limited experiences appeals to me. The shere difference of him makes him feel more alive to me than most characters I've played.[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"What a fascinating creature! How did you come to know him?"
Shoot was pleased that Fang had found someone here that he accepted, and that it was another warforged to boot. "They told me to call him. I was learning magic, and I called him, and he came to me." Shoot started stroking the wolf along with the other 'forged. "He's a good doggy. He growls at things that want to hurt me, and scares them away."

Patlin

Explorer
"You are a practitioner of magic as well? How fortuitous! I have been hoping to meet one such, in order to continue with my art. Would you be interested in recording spells in written form?"

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"Would you be interested in recording spells in written form?"
Shoot gave the other forged a blank look (which wasn't all that distinctive, given the typical warforged facial features). "I don't know how to do that", he confessed. "Can you do that? I'd need help to write down spells. Could you help me write down spells?" While they spoke, Fang was investigating the interesting new smells that permeated the place.

frostrune

First Post
Caz watches the two warforged banter back forth with a bemused expression.

This distraction may be just what he needs to get a quick word in with the 'too straight for his own good' templar.

He unobtrusively stands and slips over to his table.

"We haven't been formally introduced. I am Caz. May I sit down?"

OOC: Just to clarify... Caz is making an attempt to talk to Aiden (Icycool)

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss continues to discuss the scrolls with Shoot.

"Yes, in partnership I believe we could creat the scrolls most efficiently. The materials are a notable expense, but my teachers in house Canith indicated a 100% markup on material costs was normal, so between us we could save a significant sum."

ooc: If Shoot contributes the spells to be cast, Anvuss will provide the xp and the item creation feat. We'd both have to put in craft points. A scroll of 2 first level spells will cost 50 gp in materials, 2 xp, and 10 craft points each. I suggest we do this twice and each receive a scroll of 2 first level druid spells.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC Re:Scribe Scroll]
Patlin said:
ooc: If Shoot contributes the spells to be cast, Anvuss will provide the xp and the item creation feat. We'd both have to put in craft points. A scroll of 2 first level spells will cost 50 gp in materials, 2 xp, and 10 craft points each. I suggest we do this twice and each receive a scroll of 2 first level druid spells.
Not how it works, even w/ artificers, last I checked. You can only scribe spells you can cast (or emulate). Shoot cannot assist in any way, unless the yet-to-be-fully-worked-out Craft point rules supercede this.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
[sblock=ooc re rules]
They've got the rules on that in multiple places, so I can see how it's confusing. ;)
SRD said:
Prerequisites
Certain requirements must be met in order for a character to create a magic item. These include feats, spells, and miscellaneous requirements such as level, alignment, and race or kind. The prerequisites for creation of an item are given immediately following the item’s caster level.

A spell prerequisite may be provided by a character who has prepared the spell (or who knows the spell, in the case of a sorcerer or bard), or through the use of a spell completion or spell trigger magic item or a spell-like ability that produces the desired spell effect. For each day that passes in the creation process, the creator must expend one spell completion item or one charge from a spell trigger item if either of those objects is used to supply a prerequisite.

It is possible for more than one character to cooperate in the creation of an item, with each participant providing one or more of the prerequisites. In some cases, cooperation may even be necessary.

If two or more characters cooperate to create an item, they must agree among themselves who will be considered the creator for the purpose of determinations where the creator’s level must be known. The character designated as the creator pays the XP required to make the item.

Typically, a list of prerequisites includes one feat and one or more spells (or some other requirement in addition to the feat).

When two spells at the end of a list are separated by "or," one of those spells is required in addition to every other spell mentioned prior to the last two.
[/sblock]

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: [sblock]Sorry about that folks, I was away from computer access for a few days. Now that I look back on the idea, what I suggested really amounts to just crashing a different adventure. I'm glad folks didn't have much interest, because I'd probably have withdrawn the idea when I got back. That said, Aidan didn't formally suggest anything, so we'll consider the idea dead. Assuming the judges don't consider letting the adventure go a violation of Aidan's paladin code, I'm happy to let it slide.[/sblock]

frostrune said:
This distraction may be just what he needs to get a quick word in with the 'too straight for his own good' templar.

He unobtrusively stands and slips over to his table.

"We haven't been formally introduced. I am Caz. May I sit down?"

Aidan looks up at Caz and smiles, "It's a pleasure to meet you Caz, please sit. I am Aidan ir'Allistair." He reaches out to shake Caz's hand.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=ooc re rules]
Patlin said:
They've got the rules on that in multiple places, so I can see how it's confusing.
I'm fairly certain that is for items like boots of elven kind which require a spell as prereq. Read Scribe Scroll carefully (bold my emphasis):
SRD said:
You can create a scroll of any spell that you know.
This is different from Craft Wondrous Item:
SRD said:
You can create any wondrous item whose prerequisites you meet.
The text you quoted has to do with wondrous items, wands and such, not scrolls (or potions).

Your reading would allow wizards to create scrolls of spells they do not know, which is not a reading I would allow. Artificers are no different (they just emulate the spell instead of knowing it).[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads