• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
"I believe I will remain here to see what other opportunities present themselves."

ooc: Not interested in a pvp adventure, personally.

drothgery

First Post
IcyCool said:
"I would like to get my hands on that refinement process though. That sort of information would be most helpful to the authorities."

"It'd take pretty solid evidence of a major operation to get the watch interested. They've got far more pressing concerns." Tali adds.

OOC: I'm not interested in a PVP adventure, but the young and idealistic (although better informed than Aidan on how things really work in Sharn) Italimelk could get dragged into the kind of adventure he's proposing pretty easily.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
IcyCool said:
OOC (for all in the inn, and particularly for SelcSilverhand) [sblock]It could be fun for Aidan to recruit a group to follow the other group, and try to come up with a way to aquire the secret refinement process so they could turn it over to the authorities, or at least find out where the substance is being refined. This would, of course, mean that a GM would have to run that, that SelcSilverhand would have to be in agreement, and all the players in Selc's game would have to be in agreement (as there could be PC conflict). What do folks think about this? Please post your thoughts in the Detail Discussion thread.[/sblock]

OOC
[SBLOCK]
I'm pretty much open to anything, something like this could be pretty interesting. If you can get enough interest I'd be willing to collaborate on something.
[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
"While I might be able to help with the stealthy side to an investigation, I am not yet convinced that any effort we few in this establishment could muster would have any effect on organized crime. At least not yet, perhaps one day. A person can hope." replies Bloodtalon.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry not going to join up on a PVP style adventure, even though the plot sounds intriguing its just not for me.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
ooc
[SBLOCK]
It doesn't look like there's going to be enough interest for a pvp style adventure so I think we'll just stick with a normal adventure for now.
[/SBLOCK]

El Jefe

First Post
A tall, spindly warforged walked into the Tower's Shard, a large grey wolf right at his heels. "He" (and like all warforged, this one had no gender, yet seemed more of a "he" warforged than the rarer "she" warforged) gawked around awkwardly, finally settling on the sign on the wall. The wolf looked around nervously, and the inhabitants returned the favor, before properly taking in the warforged.

This one was wood, polished darkwood to be precise. Now, most warforged incorporated a fair bit of wood in their construction, but were more metal and wood than wood and metal. This one was just the opposite...mostly darkwood with some iron reinforcement at the more vulnerable joints. A plating of highly polished silver covered the parts where most of the joints met.

The creature's eyes were jade, and they scanned the sign as he slowly read it out loud. "All who step in this Inn must present themselves and tells a good tales. If they do so, they don't need to show a copper for the time of their stay." He paused, seemingly taking that in, before speaking to the wolf. "Fang, we have to tell them who we are and tell stories. I'll tell the story about the time you chased the rabbit. You don't have to tell them who you are, just bark. I'll tell you when to bark." The warforged straightened, and tried to face as many of the staring patrons as he could. "My...my name is Shoot, and this is my dog Fang. You can bark now, Fang." The wolf responded with a throaty bark that made something in the bowels of the more nervous patrons tighten just a bit.

Seeing the reaction, Shoot quickly tried to console the onlookers. "Oh, no, no, don't worry, Fang's a good doggie. Just don't pull his ears. He doesn't like that. He bites if you pull his ears. Do I have to tell the story now?"

DerHauptman

First Post
I've never played in an Eberon game and frankly it seems a little too robot-y for me but I would certainly try it out before passing judgment.

Also, I for one would most willingly participate in a PVP style adventure as long as it didn't end up in an argument over who did what when. The GM's final judgment is good enough for me.

For one who has zero Eberon material I assume the base races have the same statistics and abilities or is that not true?

I have been thinking about advancing the pvp idea into LEW but with the prevailing attitude against anti-evil character types and the issue of hurt feelings I dunno how it'd be received.

Perhaps I should table it. As long as the players know the situation and agree then there should be no hurt feelings.

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss rises out of his chair, aproaching the new pair.

"Greetings Shoot. I am Anvuss. I am pleased to make your aquaintance. This is a dog? I have not had the pleasure of meeting a dog before. Is the sound it made some sort of language?"

He attempts to pet the "dog" which probably growls at his clumsy gesture warningly.

ooc: A warforged Druid made out of Darkwood! That's shere brilliance! :D

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=DerHauptman]Uh, first, this is the in-character Tavern thread for Living Eberron. The "General Discussion" thread here is called "Detail Discussion" (don't ask me, I don't run the place, I just play here!).
DerHauptman said:
I've never played in an Eberon game and frankly it seems a little too robot-y for me but I would certainly try it out before passing judgment.
We've only got 3 warforged characters out of about 17 or so, but they've managed to all congregate here within the last hour or so of in-game time. Throw in a warforged bartender, and I can see how it would seem a little robot-y.

As for myself, I just looked over the options for Eberron-unique races, had an idea for a unique character, and ran with it. Sorry if that made the tavern thread seem a little gimmicky. Maybe someday we'll have an all-warforged party and get them out of everyone's hair for a bit.
DerHauptman said:
Also, I for one would most willingly participate in a PVP style adventure as long as it didn't end up in an argument over who did what when. The GM's final judgment is good enough for me.
Yeah, I think that can work here (and in LEW), but the problem here is that a player tried to organize a very impromptu PvP adventure. A little more planning would have probably gone a long way.
DerHauptman said:
For one who has zero Eberon material I assume the base races have the same statistics and abilities or is that not true?
As far as I can tell, they're all SRD. Eberron just adds more races, a new class (artificer), a bunch of new feats, and some major fluff. But someone who has more Eberron material than I do (zero, same as you!) could probably chime in.
DerHauptman said:
I have been thinking about advancing the pvp idea into LEW but with the prevailing attitude against anti-evil character types and the issue of hurt feelings I dunno how it'd be received.

Perhaps I should table it. As long as the players know the situation and agree then there should be no hurt feelings.
I think the biggest stumbling block to that would be a relative lack of evil characters. When Bront tried to run his evil adventure, several players lamented that it looked interesting, but wasn't something that any of their existing characters would credibly do.[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"Greetings Shoot. I am Anvuss...This is a dog? I have not had the pleasure of meeting a dog before. Is the sound it made some sort of language?"
Shoot greeted the other warforged warmly. "That one must have been a repairman in the Army", he thought. Shoot had great respect for anyone who was in the Army, they were brave.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, too, Anvuss", Shoot replied. He lowered his voice and continued, "Fang's really a wolf. But don't tell anyone...people get mad when you bring a wolf in the city...just act like he's a dog and people don't mind." Shoot stood back up again. "Yeah, that's how wo-dogs talk, they bark like that. But nobody but other dogs understand them."
Patlin said:
He attempts to pet the "dog" which probably growls at his clumsy gesture warningly.
As Fang started to growl, Shoot bent down to intercede. "No, no, just let him smell your hand. That's how he can tell you're all right. Once he knows you're a good guy, he'll let you pet him. Won't you, Fang?"

When Anvuss paused, the canine sniffed tentatively, then licked his fingers a few times and seemed to relax a little bit. "You can pet him now", remarked Shoot. "Fang's a good doggie. He's smart!"
Patlin said:
ooc: A warforged Druid made out of Darkwood! That's shere brilliance! :D
OoC: Thanks. I hope we all have a little fun with this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads