• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostrune

First Post
Patlin said:
[Presumably right behind Aidin.]

Emerging from the back, Anvuss once more stops to examine the common room before entering. Seeing Caz, he heads in his direction.

"I do not believe we have met as yet. Perhaps you entered this place while I was in the back room. My name is Anvuss, and I greet you."

Caz smiles broadly, perhaps a little mischeviously. He stands and bows. "Greetings to you, master warforged. I am Caz. I am a newcomer here and I appreciate the welcome."

"I had thought the place rather deserted <glancing about at the only other patrons: Tali and Bloodtalon> until you and your friends spilled out of that back room. Anything interesting?", he queries.

He moves to return to his seat and gestures toward an empty one for the warforged. "I'd offer you a drink friend but I have heard your kind does not need such things."

drothgery

First Post
IcyCool said:
Aidan strides out from the back room and returns to his table. He eyes the back room often, watching to see when its occupants leave. He orders a nice glass of wine, and nurses it slowly.

Tali's still working on the same drink he was earlier. "What was he after?" He asks. After all, if it was something a templar -- or that warforged, who seems a decent fellow -- wouldn't support, it might well be something they'd actively oppose. And if it were, he wondered if they could use help.

Patlin

Explorer
"I apreciate the offer, but you are right -- I don not normally eat or drink. As to the proposition being discussed in the back room... I may be missunderstanding something, but it seems to me the probability of disaster resulting from the proposed task aproaches certainty. I do not always understand the nuances, however. I am hoping to find some way to fund my art, and the proposition did not seem to offer any great opportuinty for learning or profit."

"I am new myself, though activity in this place seems high. Perhaps a better opportunity will arise soon."

Patlin

Explorer
drothgery said:
Tali's still working on the same drink he was earlier. "What was he after?" He asks. After all, if it was something a templar -- or that warforged, who seems a decent fellow -- wouldn't support, it might well be something they'd actively oppose. And if it were, he wondered if they could use help.

"I am not sure it would be proper to go into specifics, since the matter was discussed in confidence. If you wish to inquire, however, they are all still back there."

frostrune

First Post
Patlin said:
"I apreciate the offer, but you are right -- I don not normally eat or drink. As to the proposition being discussed in the back room... I may be missunderstanding something, but it seems to me the probability of disaster resulting from the proposed task aproaches certainty. I do not always understand the nuances, however. I am hoping to find some way to fund my art, and the proposition did not seem to offer any great opportuinty for learning or profit."

"I am new myself, though activity in this place seems high. Perhaps a better opportunity will arise soon."

Caz laughs, "If the opportunity for profit isn't very high, I doubt I'd be interested." His gaze encompasses Anvuss and Tali.

"Did you turn down the offer then?"

Patlin

Explorer
"Yes, though there are others back there still negotiating. To be complete, I should clarify that the prospective employer had not actually mentioned a specific fee he was willing to pay."

IcyCool

First Post
drothgery said:

Aidan takes his eyes off the back room for a moment to address the question. "I don't see the harm in discussing what little I know on the matter, as I was not sworn to silence on the matter. That man wanted to hire a group of individuals to steal the secret refining process used on an illegal substance. Presumably the end result of the process made the substance easier to transport, or more likely smuggle, into the city. I had to turn down his offer at that point, as hearing more would oblige me to report him to the authorities. I probably should still say something, but there is no guarantee that he will do it." Aidan sips his wine and then continues in a hushed tone. "I would like to get my hands on that refinement process though. That sort of information would be most helpful to the authorities."

Erekose13

Explorer
Bloodtalon nodded hearing Aidan's story. Dreamlily was such a huge deal in Malleon's Gate. Several smoke shops had parlors in the back filled with goblin addicts. Finding a better way smuggle drugs into the city would be against his nature too. Malleon's Gate needed more help not more problems.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC (for all in the inn, and particularly for SelcSilverhand) [sblock]It could be fun for Aidan to recruit a group to follow the other group, and try to come up with a way to aquire the secret refinement process so they could turn it over to the authorities, or at least find out where the substance is being refined. This would, of course, mean that a GM would have to run that, that SelcSilverhand would have to be in agreement, and all the players in Selc's game would have to be in agreement (as there could be PC conflict). What do folks think about this? Please post your thoughts in the Detail Discussion thread.[/sblock]

frostrune

First Post
Caz raises an eyebrow at hearing the Templar's words.

[sblock]An illegal substance... he wonders to himself. Plenty of those to go around in this City. What could possibly be such a big deal? Most of the guilds move and control this stuff. I wonder who this guy works for?

Maybe the Boromars?

Dammit, I need to warn this guy.

Caz lets the comment and the conversation pass and goes back to his beer and his warforged tablemate. He does however keep tabs on the Flamer. When opportunity presents itself he will discretely try to speak with the man.[/sblock]

"Probably a wise choice not to get mixed up in that. Besides the obvious legal problems, it would seem to cater to a more.. subtle skill set."

"So now what will you do?",
he asks Anvuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads