Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
"The rumors are true then, outsiders are not welcome on Argonessen. Ah well, perhaps someday I'll earn the trust of one of their people, yourself perhaps, should our paths run together." replies Aethelus.
"There are parts where no man is allowed, but outsiders are rarely trustworthy, or knowledgable to know where. Tis... safer that the are not well tolerated."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*A slim woman enters the tavern. Probably in her late twenties or early thirties, she wears a simple and inexpensive outfit, just a cotton blouse and skirt with no hood to hold back her mahogany curls. She looks out of breath, her cheeks slightly flushed and her breath rising and falling quickly in her chest, and she glances around quickly before going up to the bar and making an announcement at a moderate but fairly quiet volume--her voice seems naturally soft and meek, as if she isn't used to having to speak up to be heard throughout a tavern, and this is proven by her only partial success in getting attention and the inability of those who are far away to hear her very well:*

"Hello, excuse me...sorry...I..." she pauses for breath and pushes stray curls out of her face, "Umm...is there anyone here who can...that is to say, I...Well, I found a strange construct creature in my house..." she gathers herself and speaks decisively, as if focusing on something important and precious to her, "Is there anyone here who could help me identify it or understand it or use it to trace where it came from? I need help from anyone and everyone who understand these kinds of things better than me...my daughter is in danger!...I...I don't have much, but..."

(OOC: This is a hook for the adventure Heart of Artifice, an adventure for Artificers (or any character that Artificer knowledge, the ability to emulate magical abilities for the purposes of items, etc)

DrZombie

First Post
"A lady in distress?" the elf says from behind his beer. " Say no more."

(OOC you sure you dn't need a fighter for when things go pear-shaped? :p )

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well...uh...umm...no. Not in distress, I don't know...I don't think...She's just missing...I'm sorry, sir, but if you can't analyse constructs, well...When there's a lot of people around, I get nervous...I'm sorry," she blushes and shifts about nervously around all these people.

"Are there any Artificers here?" she asks, timidly.

(OOC: Yep--I usually don't GM Eberron, but I took up a challenge mentioned earlier to create an adventure appropriate for an all-Artificer party ;))

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss walks in just in time to hear the last word. Having just come from his favorite supplier of magical inks, who was kind enough to provide a small space for him to work, he still has ink stains on his hands, and occasional spot near his chin where he occasionally placed his hand absent mindedly while pondering the correct magical phrase for the next bit of the scroll he was scribing.

"Artificer? Indeed, I am an Artificer! Are you looking for one? How fortuitous. I had just finished organizing my work and my finances, and it seems that I am not quite ready for the next significant product I wish to undertake, and so I thought to myself perhaps if I returned to the tower's shard I might find some sort of additional employment. I am called Anvuss, by the way. How might I be of assistance? Oh, and did you say something about constructs as well? As it happens, I am a warforged myself, and therefore have lifelong experience with constructs. Not that 'lifelong' is any significant period of time in my case, as I am of very recent construction, but I assure you I nevertheless have a good understanding of constructs. Do you need a construct repaired? Or perhaps a construct is the problem? I understand some people dislike and/or fear constructs. Oh! Perhaps you are afraid of me? That was not my intention."

He looks around the room helplessly.

"What would it be apropriate to say in order to alieviate any possible fear a stranger might have in oneself?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Umm..."
"Err..."
"Ummm..."
"Well..."
she begins to speak several times but her instinctive meekness takes over and she can't get a word in edgewise past the surprisingly loquacious Warforged, until finally:

"Uhh...that is, you see--I found a strange construct in my house, and I need help to identify it or understand it or inspect it? Please, I think my daughter might be in danger..."

Patlin

Explorer
"Oh! Certainly. I am most relieved I have not offended. I would be pleased to help. I might even be able to use this as an opportunity to advance my studies, if the construct is so strange. Oh, were there any other Artificers present who might also wish to help? I am ready to go immediately, but perhaps some of these others also have skills that would be usefull?"

ooc: RA, in case it helps to plan as DM, Anvuss is 10 xp away from 3rd level. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes...maybe--I hope that anyone who could help could come if you can. It's so far to come all the way here, if I needed to find another Artificer to help..." she blushes, "Not...not that I don't think well of your skills, Mister Anvuss."

(OOC: Damn--I already knew that, but I was going to give you 9 XP for something at the beginning and claim plausible deniability--you ruined it! :p)

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss ponders her words in slight confusion, wondering how she had managed to evaluate his skills. Perhaps she had observed him as he scribed his scrolls earlier? He might have been concentrating too much to notice. Yet, if so, why hadn't she aproached him at the shop? Ah, well, it may perhaps not be worth pondering.

"Are any of my brother Artificers present?" He addresses the room in gemeral. "I do not see any here that I worked with at the creation forge, but perhaps one or even two of those gathered may practice the craft?"

Velmont

First Post
"Artificer..." repeat Kharas. "I'm a trapmaker, both mechanical and magical traps, so yeap, that could be a term that apply to my skills. I must tell the house who made the reknown of that name, with the creation of warforged, have put the step high. Last time I used that, I was asked if I wanted to produce magical item in great quatity... some people thinks we are simple artisan. Like if working magic was nothing more than working with wood or iron."

Kharas turn to the woman. "A construct? What it looks like, your construct?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads