Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Stulgar or Listen 15]"Three moonsets."

*If Siobhan is fazed, she does not show it.*

"The Spirits have whispered to me...there is something to this man, I think..."[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Stulgar nods to Siobhan, not taken aback by the answer.

"So, friend, what brings you here?" He says to Orerreth.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Bront said:
"So, friend, what brings you here?" He says to Orerreth.

"I'm glad you asked it. I’ve always wanted to visit Sharn once more, and now looks like I have the opportunity and motive too. I’m here mainly to say the last goodbye to Basher the Thirty-third; someone found his… uh… corpse in the mournlands and brought it back. The King has set a chapel of rest for him so that everyone that wants to say goodbye to that great hero can do so if they want.”

[sblock=Knowledge (local) DC 10 (can be tried untrained) or Bardic Knowledge 5]
Basher was indeed a great hero: chronologically one of the first ones, he had a warmer and more charismatic appearance than other warforged and was one of the few of them popular among both warforged and common people. His greatest feat was saving once the King’s life, so it’s not surprising he’s being given such honors.
[sblock=Knowledge (local) DC 20 or Bardic Knowledge 15]
Maybe there’s another reason to honor Basher. The most reliable theory about the origin of the Lord of Blades is that he was a warforged in the service of Breland. By setting Basher, who was very skilled at commanding construct and living soldiers as an example to follow, the King may hope to counter the Lord of Blades’ attraction on other warforged[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The Mournlands..." Siobhan shivers involuntarily, "This Basher was...a Warforged, I would guess? And the Mournlands...it reminds me of the Lord of Blades. My brother and I have faced his minions here in Sharn."

Bront

The man with the probe
"No sis, if he was a 'forged, he'd not be the thirty-third. He's the thirty-third man named Basher in that family, right?" Stulgar says.

OOC: After I typed that, I saw it wasn't Bashier, so he's likely wrong, but he'd still say it.

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"The Mournlands..." Siobhan shivers involuntarily, "This Basher was...a Warforged, I would guess? And the Mournlands...it reminds me of the Lord of Blades. My brother and I have faced his minions here in Sharn."

"Seriously? They say the Lord of Blades has a long arm, I didn't kow it could reach here. Yes, Basher was a warforged. The title "the thirty third" was needed because all the warforged in his training group decided to call themselves Basher. He was famous, I'm surprised you've not heard of him."

"Looks like our artificial bartender has a beer ready. As soon I finish it I'll continue upwards. Since things around here seems to be very quiet, would anyone of you want to stretch your legs and come with me?"

[sblock=Sense motive (DC 20)]Apparently Orerreth is holding something to himself, though you can't tell exactly what[/sblock]

ooc: Orerreth is the hook for an adventure; I'll create the 1st post next week if I have enough players. It involves a great deal of both intrigue and violence, and require the PCs to think ahead a bit and use every advantage or they'll ending facing challenges greater than they can manage to defeat, but the potential rewards are also great. If you like linear adventures this one may not be your cup of tea.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: And Siobhan nabs a Natural 20 on Sense Motive for a total of 24!)

'Interesting...there is more to this than meets the eye. It must be why the spirits called me.'

"Indeed, I am tempted to follow you sir. Perhaps you can tell me what else is on your mind..."

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: K-local: 10 Sense motive 15
RAven stands and stretches.

"Oh. I could use a walk to get out of this place awhile. I'm not ready for a beer belly."

She extends a hand to Orerreth. "I'm Raven. On leave from House Orien. I've heard of Basher. A great hero to Warforged and red-bloods alike."

OOC: Would that be the King of Sharn who's life he saved? Breland?

Raven is an attractive human woman, with black hair and eyes like her namesake. She wears a fine chainmail shirt under a black tunic. She has a large black round wooden sheild slung over her left shoulder. A longsword rests on her hip.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Would that be the King of Sharn who's life he saved? Breland?

ooc: Of course, it wasn't the king of Sharn, who I don't think exist. It's supposed to be the king of Breland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads