Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
byronhicks said:
Johanel turns to the warforged at the bar:

I'm sorry, I was under the impression in my studies that warforged have names, just like humanoids. Do you have a name?

ooc: The bartender, who's name is Brew, is a public character. Anyone can control him as needed, so if you want to roleplay a conversation with him you generally provide both sides of the dialogue. I'll fill in:

"My name is Brew, little scholar, a name awarded me for my skill in crafting beverages. Would you like to order a drink?"

Meanwhile, Anvuss turns to those who have just walked into the bar.

"Ah! More patrons. And unless I am mistaken, a 'Templar of the Silver Flame' is a practitioner of magic, yes? Or do you mean instead that you are a holy warrior, which designation may or may not imply skill in the Art?"

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: I've got Siobhan, Stulgar, Kargas, and Weapon. I still have 2 spots. If Akhi and Del want to join, please come on over to the thread stonegod posted above.

byronhicks

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: The bartender, who's name is Brew, is a public character. Anyone can control him as needed, so if you want to roleplay a conversation with him you generally provide both sides of the dialogue. I'll fill in:

still occ: Actually, I was talking to your character. Anvuss hasn't actually introduced himself to my character.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Just outside the bar]"Let's go... I start to be tired to wait under the rain." Kharas look at the other dwarf "Having another dwarf in the group would be of good company." suggest to Mordin, as he left to follow the group.[/SBLOCK]

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
Reentering the empty tavern, Anvuss once again greets the innkeeper, and then takes a seat at a nearby table and begins to inspect his equipment, making sure it hasn't been damaged by exposure to the elements.

OOC: Ahh, I was confused as Anvuss isn't at the bar. :) In that case:

"I have decided to be called Anvuss." The Warforged Artificer says seriously. "As I was created to tend a forge, I take my name from the Anvil, a central aspect of any forge."

drothgery

First Post
Tali asks for a drink, thanks Brews when he gets it, and, after thinking about where he is and what he's looking for, decides to walk over by the templar (and the others that have gathered around Anvuss).

Nobody who'd hire him would be looking to do something I'd disapprove of very much. Unless his appearance decieves more than mine does.

byronhicks

First Post
Johanel turns to Anvuss:

Nice to meet you Anvuss. So what exactly brings you to this pub?

He takes his wine from Brew, and takes a drink. The wine is cheap and bitter, and Johanel is having a hard time masking his disgust. After Tali, Aiden, and Sendar enter the room, Johanel adds:

Well, this place is starting to pick up. Does anyone know the way to Morgrave University??

drothgery

First Post
byronhicks said:
Well, this place is starting to pick up. Does anyone know the way to Morgrave University??

Tali stifles a laugh. "Just find a well-armed scholar who looks like they know where they're going and follow them. That's where they'll be heading." He says. "Or you can stick around for a bit. I don't get to that part of the city very often, but I think I could manage it without getting lost. Though this city is a maze even if you grew up here."

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
"I suppose I am a well armed scholar. However, I very much do not know my way around Sharn. In fact, I arrived at this establishment at the direction of some natives, who apparently did not want warforged in their neighborhood, and thought I should be here instead. I am still not sure I understand their motives. They seemed friendly enough, but I am advised that this was a deception of some sort, not a friendly act."

Anvuss considers this for a moment.

"Do you find that you dislike me as a result of my being a constructed entity? Is this a widespread feeling among biologicals?"

byronhicks

First Post
Johanel looks very puzzled at Anvuss.

I have no problems with constructs, whether they are sentient or not. Magic is magic, and it's all interesting to me. I think most people don't like your kind because you remind them of something they would rather forget. You were built for the war, and you serve as a reminder of the horrors of war, and the horrors of the Mournland. I've never met your kind, but I've read many books about you. I even have studied magic used to repair warforged. Actually, this is something that I want to study while I am here in Sharn.

Of course, I won't be in Sharn long if I can't find a way to make some money. Perhaps Morgrave University can wait. Do you know of any jobs in this area?

Johanel takes another sip of wine, and tries to hide a slight grimace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads