Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book I: Festival of the Dead

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

"If Polly 'ere can handle bein' underground, 'er eyes be very good. I saw 'er once spot a snake from the top of a great tree in the Tremblewood. Saved my life, it did, that viper was itchin' to bite somethin'. Anyway, if she don't come me eyes be good enough to handle rear guard duties. I be a capable tracker as well, if the dead be walkin' in a dry spot, I can figure out where they be comin' from."

Fenris

Adventurer
Broderick nods in accesion to Johanna's suggestion

"Aye, this be my kind o' work. Carefull with that spear lassie, it's axe room with low ceilings" adds the dwarf as he steps through the opening.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Psion

[sblock=Breakfast talk]“That is because I do not know my true name.” He replies with a smile and an oddly pleasing tone. “Truth be told, I do not remember much of my life before I arrived at the Training Academy a few seasons ago.”[/sblock]

Absolutely ecstatic is he, that he can barely control his reactions. The thought of exploring under ground sewers and caverns crawling with mindless undead is almost too much for him to bear. Despites his best attempts to absorb every little thing, he is sure that some amazing detailed has escaped him. He is studying some trivial piece of the sewer wall as the large women warrior begins to detail out the groups exploring formation. Absolutely amazing!

Imerak

First Post
Larren uneasily steps into the tunnel. "You be rear guard then, Red. I'll keep an eye out for any little surprises -- and if anyone needs healing, I make a charming substitute cure potion.." Larren draws his mace, holding it warily by his side. He didn't like this place -- it just had a bad aura, that convinced Larren something terrible was about to happen.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

"Aye, sounds good Larren. If the passage splits, I be lookin' fer tracks to be seein' what way t' go." Redbeard leans down before entering the passage, picking up a few loose stones to use for a spell.

Larren said:
“That is because I do not know my true name.” He replies with a smile and an oddly pleasing tone. “Truth be told, I do not remember much of my life before I arrived at the Training Academy a few seasons ago.

"Hmm...no name? I be callin' ye Pauly, yer lack of hair reminds me of Polly."

OOC: Polly is a bald eagle after all ;)

May 2, 1106 CR

At the inn before the party's departure:

Morris takes Redbeard's hand, and grins, giving a hint of what a rogueish sort he may once have been. "Take good care of yourself, Master Redbeard, and all of you. Mother will have a good hearty stew waiting when you return."

In the tunnel:

Redbeard's question brings the dwarf's eyes to him. "The four that were chopped were long dead...years at least. No idea who they might have been. Whatever evil is upon us, it has had years to spread its rot."

Broderick steps through the hole, and its immediately obvious that what he is stepping into is a second tunnel, much cruder then the dwarf-engineered sewer, and leading off at an angle downwards. It goes down, in a slow spiral, maybe 50', though the spiraling tunnel is much longer than that.

The party follows along behind, Johanna's spear held ready over Broderick's shoulder. The tunnel is only five feet wide, and just over seven feet high, so there isn't much opportunity to fan out. As they round one of the curves, Broderick sees the flickering light of a torch ahead, at the same time his boot presses a cord stretched across the tunnel.

Tiny bells tinkle in the darkness, and voice can be heard. "Kill whatever comes from the tunnel."

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
The party follows along behind, Johanna's spear held ready over Broderick's shoulder. The tunnel is only five feet wide, and just over seven feet high, so there isn't much opportunity to fan out. As they round one of the curves, Broderick sees the flickering light of a torch ahead, at the same time his boot presses a cord stretched across the tunnel.

Tiny bells tinkle in the darkness, and voice can be heard. "Kill whatever comes from the tunnel."

Johanna's first response was a single whispered guttural word, the sort of thing one only heard among frustrated sailors or hardened warriors. Then, just as quietly but more measured, a few words directed mostly to Broderick. "Do we hold here, or push them?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard had been in caves before, that was different though. In caves there were more open spaces. Here everything was tight and enclosed, and he felt a little claustrophobic. A little bit of fear crept into his voice when he says, "I say we push on, find the source of thee undead if we can."

OOC: Is the tunnel from which things are approaching a T-intersection? Are there things currently coming?

pathfinderq1

First Post
Fenris said:
"Aye, we push on, no surprisn' either o' us now." replies the dwarf

With Broderick's encouragement Johanna tightened her grip on the longspear and got ready to move up towards the source of the threatening voice.
OOC[sblock] Johanna will move forward when/if Broderick does, matching her pace to his (mostly because it might be difficult to get past him in the constricted tunnel). She will keep moving until the tunnel opens up (if it does), or until targets present themselves- if either of these conditions is met, she will stop to reassess matters or to engage available targets.[/sblock]

Remove ads