Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book I: Festival of the Dead

Imerak

First Post
"Well that's never a good thing to hear," Larren mutters. "Let's keep going, at least until we see what we're up against." Nervously, Larren draws his crossbow, readying it to shoot at any beastie that should come into sight.

The area ahead does seem to be a T-intersection, and as the group rounds the corner, the tunnel they are in flattens out a little. Broderick, true to his word, advances towards the torchlit area, and as he emerges into it, two crude clubs are swung at him, one from each side. One misses completely, the other is very well-aimed, but the solid scale armor he wears saves him from the worst of it. (-4 hp Broderick, unrealized crit) The dwarf sees, and smells, two rotting corpses, each slowly raising their clubs for another blow.

The situation:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxzBzxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.....................J....................
.....................Rp..................
.....................L.....................
.....................N....................

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nameless Psion

This must be some kind of sentry for whomever is controlling these creatures. However, whomever that person is, they also employee those of the living. I wonder why? Do they get lonely? I know I would, I mean what kind of conversation can you have with something that is not even alive. Might as well as have a pet rock!

He watches the warriors take action and does his best not to get in the way. Melee combat was never one his strong points anyway. Focusing his mind, he quickly creates a small tangible force of invisible energy in the shape of a flat sphere right in front of him.

OOC:
Standard Action: Over-channel Cast Force Shield (Duration: 2min)(PP: 5/6)
Move Action: None

Fenris

Adventurer
Broderick steps past the undead so Johanna can get a clear shot and turns and swings his axe at one of the walking corpses.

[sblock=OOC] 5 ft step diagonally to the right so I am no longer flanked! and Johanna can take a shot at the left one while I hit the right. [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Fenris said:
Broderick steps past the undead so Johanna can get a clear shot and turns and swings his axe at one of the walking corpses.

'Bad enough we had to walk into a trap- now we ran right into the enemy,' Johanna thought to herself- then the time for thought was past, and instinct and warrior training took over. The undead were too close for her longspear to be effective, and she couldn't drop back without exposing her companions to unnecessary attack.

Luckily, they weren't depending on surprise. As she had done during the fight in the market the day before, Johanna drew in a deep breath and began to chant a Jotun warsong. While her singing was no louder than quiet speech, it seemed to focus her attention on the task at hand. It was mere reflex to drop the longspear to the tunnel floor, and in another second she had drawn the massive greatsword from its place at her back. In the same motion, she brought the blade around and down, swinging for the closest zombie.

OOC:[sblock] Free action-drop longspear, move action to draw greatsword, standard (attack) action to swing at left-hand zombie. attack +3, potential damage 2d6+3[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

Redbeard had a little bit of hesitation when confronted with the zombies. He knows his companions can do the best job however, "Slice 'em up Broderick! Take off 'is arm Johanna"

[sblock=ooc]I'll delay until Broderick and Johanna go, then I'll take my action. I'm going to assume I had my scimitar already drawn. I will take total defense and then move to the spot north of the left zombie. If the sound of the voice can be seen I'll have Polly attack that, if not any zombies that remain. AC: 19[/sblock]

Imerak

First Post
Larren hisses on instinct, the zombies repulsive and offensive to his way of thinking. Steadying his crossbow, he takes a shot at the nearest zombie.

May 2, 1106 CR Morning

The corpses, somewhat surprisingly, manage to bring down their clubs again before Broderick can make his move. One misses entirely, though, the other clanging off the stalwart dwarf's shield. Larren finds his shot difficult, given his position in the tunnel, and the position of the two undead covered by the corners. Still, he holds his crossbow, waiting for a target to appear.

A chorus of bass voices seems to sound in the small tunnel, a mighty shout heard briefly, as the nameless psion's power manifests. Finally Broderick makes his move to the right, his axe lashing out, ripping a gobbet of flesh from the corpse on the right. (Attack 19, Dmg 7) Johanna's spear clatters to the ground, her sword coming into her hands, and coming around to chop into the left-hand undead, despite the cover the corner gives it. (Attack 20, Dmg 8)

The source of the voice isn't immediately in sight, and Redbeard moves up, and past the two undead creatures. The clubs rise and fall again but both are too slow to catch the dodging druid.

Once again the clubs rise and fall, one aimed at Johanna this time, the other at Broderick. Both miss.

Situation:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxRpBxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxzxzxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.....................J....................
.....................x....................
.....................L.....................
.....................N....................

OOC: With each posted action, please include the following - AC, current hp, and any attack bonuses, skill bonuses, and damage that are relevant to the action taken.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard (10hp) AC 15

Redbeard looks around a moment for the threatening voice, steps to his right, then slashes at the zombie in front of him with his scimitar. "You've ne'er seen carrion move like this, right Polly?"

[sblock=ooc]Five foot step to the left for flanking, Spot check +7, Attack with scimitar at zombie +2 (includes flanking) for 1d6 damage. Handle animal +3 vs DC 10 to have Polly attack the same zombie as well. +5/+5/+0 for Polly's attacks, all do 1d4 damage.[/sblock]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nameless Psion

He feels the sound through the tunnel’s floor rather than actually hearing. What was that? Turning his attention to the matter at hand, he does his best to help the female warrior combat the decaying corpse.

OOC:
Standard Action: Aid Another +2 AC
Move Action: None
Current Effects: Force Shield (AC: 18 Touch & FF: 16)(Duration: 2min)(PP: 5/6)

Nothing fancy, but is it possible to get some kind of initiative order break down? What about a small blurb of what attacks are Full, Standard & AoO?

Remove ads