• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book I: Festival of the Dead

pathfinderq1

First Post
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:

While the party isn't surprised by their appearance, the woman moves faster then anyone ca react, dashing forward and slashing at Johanna with her longsword. (Move and Standard Attack -8 hp Johanna)

Johanna felt searing pain as the blade slashed into her. This time she did not start to chant- she gave a high, ringing screech, like the howl of a wild wolf. Surely even the dwarven guards far down the tunnel heard the initial exhalation, and she kept up that terrible sound as she swung her own heavy sword at the woman who had hit her.

OOC: Going into rage: +4 STR/CON, -2 AC, +2 Will saves, lasts (3+3=) 6 rounds. Adjusted numbers: AC 13, HP 7 (13-8+2), Attack +5, potential damage 2d6+6; attacking the dark hunter

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nameless Psion

Leveling his crossbow, he takes aim at the evil divine caster and fires. Finally! I was beginning to wonder if there was anything living down here. Regardless if his shot is true he takes out another bolt and begins to reload his weapon.

OOC: +2 Attack, 1d8 Damage, 5ft step in any direction in order to get a clear shot. (His AC 18)

Imerak

First Post
At first, Larren is relieved to see that there are other people down there. He goes to shout a greeting, but is shocked when the dark hunter attacks. Recovering quickly, he again draws his crossbow. Larren steps back Broderick and fires at the nearest halberdier.

OOC:Ranged attack +2, AC 16, +1 dodge against the dark hunter, HP 9

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard 10/10 hp, AC 15, Polly: 5/5 hp, AC 14

Redbeard is stunned by the appearance of several living people, and then stunned again when Johanna screams her battle cry. He has do doubts that Johanna is really hurt, she is the only thing standing between him and the others humans. He drops his scimitar to cast a spell. "The balance shall favor you today Johanna," he says as he touches her back. He then draws his shortspear. He is ready to command Polly attack a halberdier if the Dark hunter drops.
[sblock=ooc]Drop scimitar(free). Cast cure light wounds on Johanna, 1d8+1(standard). If the dark hunter is dropped, I'll direct Polly to attack one of the halberiers(moving behind us and around to fufill the "must to at least half movement to stay aflight rule." The Handle Animal check is at +3 vs. DC 10(free). The attack is at +4(3+1 for height) doing 1d4 damage. Draw shortspear(move action). Rant coming...I planned on the bird thing for the pirate flavor, but it is not working out very well right now. Having to move at least 40ft to stay in the air is annoying. I am looking at getting a riding dog companion(I can't ride it, but it makes a decent combatant) once we have money. Then I can buy it and train it. End rant[/sblock]

May 2, 1106CR Morning
Beneath the sewers of Stonegate

Johanna's screech seems to take the attackers back a bit. But her rage-fueled swing at the feral woman is deflected by the dark flames that surround her. [Attack 17, miss] Broderick's axe also goes wide of the mark. [Attack 6, miss]

Larren's crossbow snaps, sending a bolt skittering off the ceiling. [Attack 9, miss] Redbeard channels the power of the Balance, closing her wounds somewhat [+6 hp Johanna]. Polly launches herself into the air, attacking the halberdier directly opposite the druid and Johanna, but unable to get around the halberd waved at her beak. (Attack 8, miss). The nameless psion takes careful aim, and fires, sending a crossbow bolt clattering against the wall. (Attack 14, miss)

The halberdiers move, then. Both strike at the valiant Polly, one of the heavy axe blades hitting, and the eagle drops to a bloody heap on the stone floor. (-12 hp Polly). [Standard actions]

The cleric smiles coldly. "Pity about the bird. Don't worry, you'll all be joining it soon." Then he says, "Lord of the Ebon Flame, guide and direct our aim as we bring pain and suffering to these pathetic fools." [Standard Action, Cast Bless]

The feral woman laughs wildly as the power of darkness seems to invigorate her, and both of her blades slash at Johanna, ripping deeply into the barbarian warrior. (-10 hp Johanna) [Full Attack]

OOC
Order of Initiative: Dark Hunter(H), Johanna(J), Broderick(B), Larren(L), Redbeard/Polly(R), Polly(P), Nameless(N), Halberdiers(h), Dark Cleric(C)

Dark Hunter has already acted
Well...a nasty round in general.

Situation:
.............................................xx
.............................................xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNLBxxxhC
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRJHxPhx

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard 10/10 hp AC 15

"NOOOOOOO! Ye going to pay for that in blood!" Redbeard takes a step back and glares at the dark cleric dropping his spear as he does so. "She needs healin' Larren help 'er! I've done all I can."

[sblock=ooc]Five foot step back, making an opening for Larren. Drop shortspear(free). Substitute SNA I for magic stone, summoning a wolf. I'll have it appear by the dark cleric, unless the hunter is still not down, then it will be behind her, flanking with Johanna.[/sblock]

Imerak

First Post
Larren curses as he watches Polly go down. A rush of terror hits him, the realization that this battle could be it -- so far they were out matched, and seeing all the blood around brings his own mortality to the forefront of his mind. Managing to snap out of it, he rushes over to Polly and lays his hands on her, barely able to manage an incantation. "By the will of entropy, I bid you fly again!"

OOC:Cure Light Wounds, getting rid of disguise self.
AC 16, +1 dodge against hunter, HP 9

pathfinderq1

First Post
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
The feral woman laughs wildly as the power of darkness seems to invigorate her, and both of her blades slash at Johanna, ripping deeply into the barbarian warrior. (-10 hp Johanna) [Full Attack]

OOC
Order of Initiative: Dark Hunter(H), Johanna(J), Broderick(B), Larren(L), Redbeard/Polly(R), Polly(P), Nameless(N), Halberdiers(h), Dark Cleric(C)

Dark Hunter has already acted
Well...a nasty round in general.

Somewhere, there was pain- but that was far away, and somewhere equally far away was a pouch with healing potions in it. Johanna was all but lost in the blood-red mist of a warrior's rage- unfortunately this time most of that blood was her own. Her high, howling shriek continued, and she swung her greatsword once more.

OOC: Rage round 2 of 6; HP 3 (13-8+2+6-10= 3), AC 13, Attacking dark hunter 1 more time, +5 attack, 2d6+6 damage. While Johanna has those potions, I think that she's likely to take more damage from the resulting AoO (given her rage-based AC) than she would receive from the potion.[sblock] Now where did I put that back-up character concept pile...[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Broderick grunts in surprise and shock at the blow dealt to Johanna, but know the best way to save her is to take out the Hunter, so he swings again at the hunter.

OOC: Unless of course again, Johanna drops her in which case Broderick will move to the halberders.

AC 19
HP 10/13
Attack +4, 1d10+3/20x3

Remove ads