• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book I: Festival of the Dead

Fenris

Adventurer
Eyeing the last halberder, Broderick calmly turns his blade a half turn and swings a broad over hand swing at the man's skull.

OOC: Flat of the axe, non-lethal damage. If I hit, no sure thing this combat.

AC 19
HP 10/13
Attack +4, 1d10+3/20x3

Imerak

First Post
Larren sighs with relief as he drops one of the halberdiers, although his side still hurts. He shakes his mace towards the remaining enemy. "All right, lay down your weapon and we'll have a nice little chat -- Johanna! Stop!"

May 2, 1106CR, Morning
Beneath the streets of Stonegate

Johanna's rage carries her forward, despite the entreaties of Larren, and perhaps the desires of others in the group. Her blade comes around in a rage-fueled arc, neatly chopping away the head of the remaining halberdier. (Attack 20, Dmg 16)

The man falls, leaving the adventurers the sole owners of the intersection. The nameless psion moves up, searching the body of the cleric. He finds a silver holy symbol, a round amulet with a roaring flame picked out in black lacquer as its center. He also finds two unused potion bottles, one marked, "Protection from Good" the other marked "Cure Light Wounds." Two similarly marked vials are also found, lying nearby. Otherwise there is a little gold on the corpse, and some silver and copper.

Having reached the intersection, all can see that the hall extends northwards some 50', before again turning to the west. The length of the hall is dimly lit by occasional torches. There are a total of three doors on the eastern wall of the hallway, one near them, one at about the hallway's midpoint, and one at the next intersection.

There is the faint sound of voices in the air, coming from the north. What is being said is indistinct, but it is definitely a rhythmic chant of some kind.

OOC: A complete list of what is found on the bodies, including the psion's finds

3 breastplates
3 shortswords
3 bucklers
2 halberds
1 longsword
1 morningstar
1 chain shirt
4 daggers
3 potions Cure Light Wounds
2 potions Protection from Good
1 silver holy symbol
200 gp
60 sp
80 cp

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

"Arr, what we goin' to do with all this here loot? Are we wantin' to sell it now or clean these here sewers out more? I believe we all get a fair share, what says all the rest of you?" With that said, Redbeard walks over to his fallen eagle, and picks her up gently before saying a brief prayer to the balance to restore her wounds. He murmurs to the bird, "I should've never brought ye down 'ere, no room to fly. Maybe ye should return to nature, where ye can have a better life. I may be needin' a hardier companion if things are goin to be so dangerous."

[sblock=ooc]Cure minor wounds on Polly. How we going to split up the stuff? I only have a light spell left, do we want to go on after a couple of healing potions or come back in the morning?[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
"Arr, what we goin' to do with all this here loot? Are we wantin' to sell it now or clean these here sewers out more? I believe we all get a fair share, what says all the rest of you?" With that said, Redbeard walks over to his fallen eagle, and picks her up gently before saying a brief prayer to the balance to restore her wounds. He murmurs to the bird, "I should've never brought ye down 'ere, no room to fly. Maybe ye should return to nature, where ye can have a better life. I may be needin' a hardier companion if things are goin to be so dangerous."

With the last of their foes dispatched, Johanna finally was able to drag herself back to some semblance of sanity. She sagged wearily against one of the tunnel walls, her bloodied greatsword held only loosely in one hand. For a few moments she simply stood breathing heavily, her head bent. Finally, though, she raised her head and looked around at her compatriots.

"I don't suppose any of you with healing gifts might be able to save one of these poor wretches..." She glanced at their former opponents, showing neither pity nor disgust at the carnage in the tunnel- and no sign that she realized how much of that blood she had shed. "As much as I might like to split up this pile of spoils, I think I hear more chanting. We still have work to do, if you think we can manage it."

OOC: We should probably push on- especially if that chanting is close enough to hear. If we give them time to regroup, we might have an even tougher time. Spell-wise I think we're pretty spent, but we have a reasonable array of potions to draw on.

OOC 2: Dropping out of rage; the loss of her bonus HP drops her back to a current total of 5HP (3+4-2). As far as dividing up loot, Johanna may want the chain shirt, but has no particular thoughts on the rest- if anybody wants a particular piece that is fine, and we can sell the rest.

May 2, 1106CR, Morning
Beneath Stonegate

Broderick lays claim to one of the breastplates, but otherwise seems content to go along with whatever the group decides about their future course of action.

As the discussion goes on, the sound of the chanting becomes louder, and more distinct. "Oh Great Lord of the Ebon Flame, send your might that these servants of yours may crush the benighted fools that oppress us!"
There is a swirling of whisps of black flame visible, just briefly, at the intersection to the north, then, four shambling forms come round the corner. All of them look like mere commoners, save for the black flames crackling from their eyesockets, and the way they dully, mindlessly, move towards the party.

OOC
Order of Initiative: Larren, Johanna, Nameless, Zombies, Broderick, Redbeard

Situation:
xxxxxxx
xxxxxzz
.......zz
.......xx
.......xx
.......xx
.......xx
.......xx
.......xx
.......xx
.......xx
.......xx
xxxxxBN
xxxxRJL

Imerak

First Post
Larren gazes at the gold with envy, but turns his mind to more important matters. "I'm running low, and I can probably only get one decent cure off. I could stop one of these guys from dying without much effort, though." Larren moves to do so, but is cut off by the approach of more zombies. "Damnit! How many of these guys are there?" Larren steps out in front of the psion and fires off a crossbow bolt at one of the zombies.

OOC:Ranged attack +2, AC 16, HP 2/9

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard hears his friends call out for more help, but with the sight of all that booty, he is slow to act. Redbeard drops his shield and bends down and picks up the spear that the dark cleric was carrying and prepares to move into position behind whoever is in melee. More of the walking carrion? Perhaps this is Hell... Make room for me, I'm coming to help, Redbeard says quietly.

[sblock=ooc]Dropping shield and pick up longspear from dark cleric(I think I'm close to where it dropped).[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
While she had fully expected there to be more combat, Johanna had not expected it quite so soon. There was no way around it now, not with more of the walking dead already in sight. While part of her felt the familiar thrill of imminent battle, she knew that she was already hurt, and she did not want to take any extra risk. Before the creatures could close, she drank the second healing potion she had received earlier, then hefted her greatsword and moved into a fighting position.

OOC: Drinking second healing potion from Morris (IC post 98), then getting into ready position- if she can, make a five foot step to stand beside Broderick. AC 15, HP 3+potion effect

Fenris

Adventurer
"Why don't you laddies stay behind me fer this'un. Fire what ye can at 'em. I'll move up and make sure they don't get far. They won't gte past me shield or me axe." says Broderick as he move forward to engage.

Remove ads