Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book I: Festival of the Dead

Imerak

First Post
Larren comes down into the common room, grinning from ear to ear. "Ah, it's a beautiful day and the city is full and lively." He chuckles and winks at Lysana before dropping into a chair and wolfishly devouring his breakfast. He turns to the druid sitting at his table. "Lovely place, don't you think. So what are you planning to do today... Redbead, right?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

Redbeard pauses mid bite to extend a syrupy hand towards Larren. "Aye my name be Redbeard, you be Larry, right?" Redbead pauses to scratch his head, and brush a few crumbs out of his beard. "I haven't decided what I'm gonna do, see the city prob'ly, I'm not all that familiar with Stonegate."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
-All-

In the morning, the adventurers wake up and make their way down to the common room, which is much less crowded then the night before. Mother and Lysana, as well as several hired servants, have cleaned up from the night before, and the old adventurers are at a table swapping stories.

Another table nearby is set for the younger adventurers, along with a solid breakfast. Also waiting for them is Inspector Haversham...

For Johanna, the night had not quite dissolved into a blur of ale, song, and celebration- when one was learning the path of a warrior/skald, one important lesson was how to remember things no matter how many ale-steins one had hoisted in merriment. It had been both an honor and an incredible amount of enjoyment to hear stories of her grandfather's storied past from folk who had known and adventured with him- and the other facers of the revel had been quite a bit of fun as well- but she still remebered the events of the day before, which helped keep the "fun" in proper perspective.

She woke slowly, enjoying the leisure of not having to immediately go on watch or break camp. A few quick sips of water and a few quick swipes of a wet towel completed the morning wake-up processes. She dressed casually- there would be no hard travel today, and with luck no fighting. She pulled her long heavy fall of hair back in a simple sailor's braid and headed down stairs to breakfast. But even before she reached the top of the stairs, she felt something missing... Not quite reluctantly, she returned to her room and retrieved her greatsword. It took only a few seconds to slide the heavy blade and its scabbard rig into place across her back, and she paused an instant longer to place a pair of daggers as well- while she could hope for no battles today, she wanted to be ready, and she also wanted to be completely comfortable with the greatsword's weight and bulk.

Properly dressed at last, she made her way downstairs. While she nodded and waved at the older crowd in thanks and greeting, she turned aside to the table where Redbeard and another young man from last night were already eating. She gave a glance at the other, unfamiliar man, but she said not a word as she began to assemble a few quick morsels of food from what was available.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

Looking notices the scant amount of food that Johanna picks, "Ha ha, so that is how ye stay so skinny, Mis...Johanna. Ye remember Larry right? Where be Broderick, 'e didn't roll outta bed and clunk 'is 'ead did 'e?"

Fenris

Adventurer
EvolutionKB said:
Looking notices the scant amount of food that Johanna picks, "Ha ha, so that is how ye stay so skinny, Mis...Johanna. Ye remember Larry right? Where be Broderick, 'e didn't roll outta bed and clunk 'is 'ead did 'e?"

"Nah" says a bleary eyed Broderick from the top of the stairs."But I ain't getting a celebration like this soon, and since I tain't 'prenticed to the forge, I am a free dwarf, and iffin I wish to stay in bed, so I shall" declares the dwarf with a grin.

" 'course the smell o' breakfast did intice me to get up" adds Broderick as he sits down as does his level best to catch up with Redbeard.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nameless Psion

Hmm… Breakfast. My favorite part of the day. He smiles as he takes a deep breath of wafting aromas seeping from underneath his door. Or is it? I undeniably had the most enticing evening last night and the meal was absolutely exquisite. Perhaps dinner then is my favorite part of the day then. Yes it must be. Dinner is my favorite…. What about lunch? The mental debate rages on even as he finishes with his early morning meditation and begins to make his way down to the tavern floor. So consumed is his by his mental contest that he completely forgets the fact that he has already used some of his mental energies to satisfy his physical needs for the day. And that he is very much not hungry. Though, in an effort to not be rude, he joins the band of good hearted adventures he met last night for breakfast. “Greetings and salutations!” He says with a smile.

OOC: No worries, at the end of this conversation, a name shall be created.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard gives confused half smile and absentmindedly scrathes again at his beard at his bald companion as he comes downstairs. "Ye know, I be 'membering drinking more than a few with ye last night, but I be having trouble 'membering what ye said yer name was."

OOC: Nothing likeing good prodding ;)

Imerak

First Post
As each of his companions comes down the stairs, Larren gives a warm greeting to each of them. "The full name is Larren, actually. I prefer it, if you would... Larry just sounds so pedestrian.

"Well then, since you all seem to be a young and lively bunch, what do you say we take a look around the festival together? These things are no fun on your own."

Fenris

Adventurer
Imerak said:
As each of his companions comes down the stairs, Larren gives a warm greeting to each of them. "The full name is Larren, actually. I prefer it, if you would... Larry just sounds so pedestrian.

"Well then, since you all seem to be a young and lively bunch, what do you say we take a look around the festival together? These things are no fun on your own."

"Aye, sounds like fun Larry" says Broderick through a mouthful of eggs.

Remove ads