Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Fimmtiu

First Post
Poor, poor Clueless. It's just so difficult being a man of mystery and intrigue with a high Charisma score... I feel for you. ;)

Excellent update! It's nice to see the edges of the plot starting to take shape.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Fimmtiu said:
Excellent update! It's nice to see the edges of the plot starting to take shape.

Edges of the plot? Taking shape? *GRIN* 'Aint seen nothing yet :)

It's 2 years in game beyond this point in the story hour and pieces are still dropping into place that are stumping the players and PCs alike. It just keeps getting deeper and more complex as it goes on.

Clueless

Webmonkey
Fimmtiu said:
Poor, poor Clueless. It's just so difficult being a man of mystery and intrigue with a high Charisma score... I feel for you. ;)

*wide ear to ear grin* Ain't it though??!

And yes - the other character's stories get Much stronger as we go along - I was one of the only players who walked in *knowing* planescape, and as DM plothook some of the early stuff has a lot of stuff on him. And well - you can never pass up the chance to play truly utterly completely clueless. ;) A fair amount of Clueless's stuff was actually happening under the table between sessions to avoid wasting time *at* the table.

My sig line makes a lot more sense now though doesn't it?

Last edited:

Fimmtiu

First Post
Shemeska said:
It's 2 years in game beyond this point in the story hour and pieces are still dropping into place that are stumping the players and PCs alike. It just keeps getting deeper and more complex as it goes on.

I love games like that. We've got a game that's been going since shortly after 3.0 came out, and we recently got a new player for our weekly group. "Well," I told him, "it's kind of complicated. I'll write you a summary to get you up to speed."

One thesis-sized document later... :eek:

I will say you've cheated a bit, Shem. Planescape is the coolest setting in the infinite multiverse, so it's almost not fair that you get to have access to all that coolness.

I think my favorite part about Planescape is that certain places can be nearly physical manifestations of certain emotions or ideas. It's very compelling to have tangible Hopelessness. Would Sigil be Cosmopolitanism? Eclecticism? Ordered Paradox? Regardless of how I'd describe it, it makes for a great setting.

The posts are a bit long -- I've only read the prologue and the first one with Clueless -- and the writing occasionally has a few technical errors that throw off my reading groove. But the actual cadence of the writing is usually pretty easy to read.

Clueless makes for an interesting character, in sort of the same way that the classic "assassin with amnesia" does. He knows a lot of things I have no idea about, and as he learns what he has forgotten, I get to watch and be dazzled. I like being dropped into the middle of a mystery, but there is a lot here to catch up on. Care to give me a quick update on how much you've written since then, and how close things are to being done? F'rinstance, as much as I love Piratecat's game, I got hooked early. I couldn't imagine working my way through the whole story from the beginning.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Yeah, the posts trend towards the long side, but it's also the first story hour I've done :)

As for how much the story has progressed since the posts that you read: Clueless has gotten back to first cohesive remnants of his memory, those being him and a former group of his being sent to Carceri to sell an Aoskian relic to a titan interested in such things. The deal was brokered by my namesake and to some extent she may have set him up for something entirely different once he went to Othrys.

I've also added in two characters, killed one and about to introduce another. The PCs ended up mazing themselves intentionally (though ignorant of this till they were inside) and were once again doublecrossed by their 'employer'. They're just to the point of taking revenge on said employer, based on information gained from a figure calling itself the 'cheshire fiend'. Meanwhile in the background the Yugoloths are stumbling ever closer to civil war.

I've written a few months worth of material towards the two years worth of plot I'm only now starting to wrap up in the actual campaign.

Clueless

Webmonkey
RangerWickett said:
Clueless makes for an interesting character, in sort of the same way that the classic "assassin with amnesia" does.... Care to give me a quick update on how much you've written since then, and how close things are to being done?

Thanks. :)

And out of a two year campaign - he's covered about... 2-3 months so far, plus whatever at the tail end he's gotten set up? This gaming group is one of the absolute best I've ever played in - very focused players, so we roll right *through* on these plots. There's a lot to tell...

Shemeska

Adventurer
Next update is postponed due to GenCon. :)

You want to know what happens you can track me down in Indianapolis or you can wait a week. ;)

dal673

First Post
GenCon delay

Aaaaaawww.....
Does this really hav..

No, just kidding!
Have fun on GenCon.

Oh, btw: do you mind telling us if there was anything about Planescape at Con and if so, what...?

Thx a bunch!

Greetz,

DaL

Remove ads