Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Shemeska

Adventurer
Yeah, I keep picking up freelance work, and between that and my normal job I don't have the time to write fiction of my own including the Storyhour.

But here's Nisha and a Modron:

NishaModron.jpg

Shemeska

Adventurer
Bump for the sheer Awesomness of this thread and Please come back Shemmy!

Freelancing has rather consumed the time I previously spent each week working on the storyhour. For instance, in the past two weeks I've turned in two projects for Paizo, I have a third in progress, and likely going to jump on board for another once that's finished. Can't say what those projects are of course, since they haven't announced one of them yet at all, and not attached author names to the others. I've been getting my planar fix with a distinctly Golarion bent to it lately (don't read into that necessarily), and it's possible that you might see a familiar tiefling show up in some form, or one heavily inspired by her at least, depending on edits. ;)

And I just bought a PS3 and Disgaea 3 so my time is going to be devoured even more in the short term I suspect. I've got too much invested in the characters though, so eventually, with no promised date, there will be more here, even though it will be years before this is fully finished.

recentcoin

Explorer
Would you mind horribly if I picked your brain a bit? I and a co-author have been working on a set of novels. We've got the first one, sans some editing, in the bag. We've got parts of the next two in the story arc written. The second one is about 60% and the third one is about 30%. I'd love to talk to you about how to get them in front of a publisher. So far, I've talked to a few agents. I've been told that they're quite good but "not what I do" and to keep shopping for an agent or publisher. Its obvious to me that hunting down an agent off the internet isn't as easy as one would think. They often don't describe the genre(s) that they're interested in. Some I flatly consider to be unprofessional. Who, in their right mind, uses @hotmail.com as their business email address? Really??? Others won't deal with you unless it's via snail mail. Riiiight.... I'm going to print and mail you my 1000 page+ novel so that you can toss it in the trash because it's not what you're looking for. Then there are the scammers who want to charge you upfront. GRRRRR.... It's just hard and I'd appreciate some pointers on how to find someone.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Would you mind horribly if I picked your brain a bit?

Feel free to pick my brain. :D I will say upfront though, I don't have an agent and have never had an agent. I've always worked with publishers directly, and I don't have a clue if this is normal or out of the ordinary.

Remove ads