Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Funeris

First Post
Shemmy, I have finally managed to catch up with your first story hour. I loved your story the first time I started reading it back in '06 or so, but I was waylaid by real life and other responsibilities (just as your updating has been). I just went back and reread the whole thing over the course of a two week period and was still quite impressed.

This is some of the finest writing and best storytelling on the boards here. Thank you for the writing. Now, I need to reread all of SH #2.

~Fune

Shemeska

Adventurer
Update on stuff:

Will I ever return from hiatus on this storyhour? Yes, I'd very much like to do so. Time to do so between other projects and just life in general is something else entirely. Freelancing stuff, normal job, and my SO have this habit of devouring my time and energy for their own nefarious and fun purposes (...and Starcraft 2 is in the process of installing as we speak, which won't help me out here...).

I'm currently working on a trio of stories for Golarion/Pathfinder, and when they're done I'm going to try to start working on this storyhour again, because I'm starting to get that creative itch for it once more. We shall see.

In the meantime, here's some artwork of Tellura ibn Shartalan [Artwork by SatouGaki]
tellurafixed2crop.jpg

And here's my opinion on tiefling styles ;) [Artwork by Vera / Bethany Van Scott]
[sblock]
tieflingversustiefling.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tsuga C

Adventurer
Wonderous news--new artwork and the tantalizing possibility that our collective craving for another installment will finally be satisfied. This was a fortuitous day in which to check back in! It's good to know that you haven't been lost to us, oh malignant King of the Crosstrade.

Edit: www.laughingfiend.com isn't operational yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Last edited:

Wasteland Knight

Adventurer
I was browsing the Story Hour a while back and saw Funeris had posted a comment to this thread. After reading his praises, I decided to check out the story and was immediately hooked. I've been reading whenever possible, and just finished catching up yesterday. It's been an amazing read. Definitely among the best story hours I've ever read. Considering your talent at story telling, it's not surprising you have plenty of freelance work to occupy yourself with. I hope you can find the time to pick this story up at some point, because I really want to know what happens next! :)

Burningspear

First Post
I don't know, but Voorkennis is Dutch for "priviledged information." :D

Not to dust out old comments just for a lark, but his comment is not entirely true.
Voorkennis actually means "pre-emptive knowledge", meaning, having knowledge beforehand, before some happening.
op voorkennis handelen, to act upon knowledge you know before a certain this is about to happen and act in a certain way thus because you have that particular knowledge.

Just so people know ;)

Shemeska

Adventurer
Not to dust out old comments just for a lark, but his comment is not entirely true.
Voorkennis actually means "pre-emptive knowledge", meaning, having knowledge beforehand, before some happening.
op voorkennis handelen, to act upon knowledge you know before a certain this is about to happen and act in a certain way thus because you have that particular knowledge.

Just so people know ;)

That's an utter coincidence, but God damn that's a spooky one (considering material yet to be written here).

Shem

Remove ads