Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

My day job is killing me, so it'll be slow in coming. But not the 2 year hiatus it had been. I've gotten a good chunk of the next update done, and stuff for one or two after that as well. More hints on who the 'bad man' is on the way, along with the some side scenes from some other places and familiar faces. Just remember the Chronicler from the first post of the Storyhour, where he was and what he was talking about. That links in.
I look forward to it, and I definitely understand the job thing. Nothing so intellectually stimulating as yours, but the job I had up until a few months ago drained my time and energy like nobody's business... No need to rush on my account, I've got nothing but time. :D

And The Chronicler is out there, let me try to find a link that's active. They were all (all the finished ones) on Planewalker, but after one of the site redesigns some of the links became invalid. Off the top of my head the Ineffable, the Architect, the Dreamer and one other are still unfinished.
It's greatly appreciated. As to the "one other", was The Shackler one of the Demented? And does he have a connection to good-ole' Larsdana, as his name would suggest?

*is too curious for his own good*

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
It's greatly appreciated. As to the "one other", was The Shackler one of the Demented? And does he have a connection to good-ole' Larsdana, as his name would suggest?

*is too curious for his own good*

I'm just going to post it up here on Enworld. Link

As for the Shackler, he's the other one I couldn't remember from the list of unfinished baern stories. No direct connection to Larsdana - she gets to play host of sorts to Alashra the Dream Eater / Dreamer, though that's a bit complex given her current status as imprisoned within a gem floating next to Helekanalaith. But of course, even that's a bit complex and her status and role and the identity/fate of her two children (see The Dreamer and the Fiend) in this all remains to be explored.

Hint: she was a prominant character late in the 2nd storyhour's campaign. And she was one of my favorites to work with.

Once again, greatly appreciated, Shemmy (not to mention highly intriguing). I look forward to your next update.

This is something of a tangent, but do you like mystery stories? If so, you might want to look into a Japanese visual novel series called "Umineko no Naku Koro ni". Based on what I've read of your work, I think you'd really enjoy it, especially once the metaphysical elements start to show up in force during Episode II.

Much as I hate making another request so soon, would you (or anyone else) happen to know where I might find a copy of 'The Dreamer and the Fiend'? I know it was published in Wizard's 'Knowledge Arcana' web-zines, but as far as I can tell they no longer host them... T_T

I came to the party too late. >_<

EDIT: Scratch that... Looked up 'Knowledge Arcana' and - lo and behold - there it was. :blush:

Let's just call this a shameless bump and leave it at that. :p

Last edited:

Krellic

Explorer
I've been remiss in not looking at this Story Hour before as I'm not experienced in the Planescape setting at all, I bought the box set years ago so I recognise some of the references. Even though most of the stuff about yugoloths has been zooming well over my head, at least without going through all my Monster Manuals, my compliments on a story well written and told.

Not surprised that the sharp folks at Paizo have been putting you to work...

Andry

Explorer
Awesome! While I have played Pathfinder a bit I don't own any of the books.
When this one comes out I will be sure to pick it up. Cheers to you for finally getting paid for your awesome writing.

Remove ads