Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

sciborg3

First Post
Starting this from the beginning, as well as checking out your Demented stuff...must have been smoke in my eyes when I got to the story about the Clockmaker.

This story revolving around yugoloth schemes is terrifying, hilarious, epic, and really just plain fun. Now that I'm going back (because I don't remember what came before) I can see how much I grew to care about the PCs!

Last edited:

Burningspear

First Post
I dislike Paizo, for killing the magazine in paper form and for a lot more...
Hate them with a passion for interfering in the setting Dark Sun with their crap impression of how it should be changed, and more then.
And finally for demanding so much time of Shemeska, that he cannot write his storyhours... just egging my opinion.

sciborg3

First Post
Hate them with a passion for interfering in the setting Dark Sun with their crap impression of how it should be changed, and more then.
And finally for demanding so much time of Shemeska, that he cannot write his storyhours... just egging my opinion.

Not to feed trolls, and I suspect this is tongue in cheek, but Wizards discontinued the license with Paizo that allowed it to publish Dragon and Dungeon in paper formats. Whether that is good or bad is a discussion for another thread I suspect.

I don't have a clear memory of Paizo's Dark Sun update, but did they actually change much except update it to 3.5? I don't recall drastic setting rewrites.

And finally, I love this story hour, one of the best Planescape pieces out there, but I think we should all be happy Shemmy has been so acknowledged in the D&D world that she was given the opportunity to write The Great Beyond and the upcoming Book of the Damned on Daemons for Pathfinder.

Burningspear

First Post
Not to feed trolls, and I suspect this is tongue in cheek, but Wizards discontinued the license with Paizo that allowed it to publish Dragon and Dungeon in paper formats. Whether that is good or bad is a discussion for another thread I suspect.
Did not know WotC crapped them, but agree, not here to rant on about that.

I don't have a clear memory of Paizo's Dark Sun update, but did they actually change much except update it to 3.5? I don't recall drastic setting rewrites.
They ruined the original setting by changing iron's status in the world and changing some major NPC's looks and introducing races that had nothing to do with the original setting at all, etc, enough to crap my day in that setting, sop happy I have the original setting books and Dark Sun. Org pdf's to counter Piazo's meddling :uhoh:;).

And finally, I love this story hour, one of the best Planescape pieces out there, but I think we should all be happy Shemmy has been so acknowledged in the D&D world that she was given the opportunity to write The Great Beyond and the upcoming Book of the Damned on Daemons for Pathfinder.
Agreed, I guess so, meh :)

Shemeska

Adventurer
Just to keep folks updated, I'm done with my latest thing for Paizo (two races in the Advanced Races Guide). Next on my plate is a story for the PF Chronicler fiction contest round 2, which will be done in a week and a half, and I'll be working in some yet to be determined capacity on Open Design's 'Dark Roads and Golden Hells' which will be awesome. After that I intend to take a serious break from paid work in order to actually get some stuff done for myself (which includes this storyhour).

However I'm also starting a new position, which while it pays more is also going to be a 3rd shift thing (science on the graveyard shift, fun fun). We will see how that goes, and I don't want to make a ton of promises, but after spending time over GenCon babbling about some of the stuff yet to show up in the story here, damnit I want to eventually get there.

Oh, and if you like the fiends in this storyhour, 'Book of the Damned 3' from Paizo is going to be good. I normally have a wretched opinion of my own work, but this one, I'm proud of it. :)

smarnil

First Post
Historical correction

As you will probably guess, I do not share your feelings about Paizo... Just to get facts straight, the 'Dark Sun job' in Dragon/Dungeon was the work of David Noonan, who was a WotC guy from 1998 to 2008 (he got laid off as many old timers), and not a part of the Paizo team.

At the time, Dragon/Dungeon was edited by Paizo (from issue #94), but was still WotC mouthpiece (and so included quite a lot of promotional content for the last products). WotC got last word on the editorial content, and did yank back the licence when some big wig at Hasbro realized that the magazine was making money after all and/or constituted a valuable intellectual property. On the bright side, they did agree to wait for the Savage Tide Adventure Path to conclude, though.

Then they did mess up said license by going all electronic... We agree on that!

I don't intend to start a flamewar here. But you do earn yourself a bad karma point for not checking your facts before "hating people with a passion" for wrong reasons.

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Not an update yet, but my last post I mentioned some of the things that were taking up my creative time, and I included a story for the Pathfinder Chronicler fiction contest.

If anyone wants to read my fiction from the contest (I got second place in the end), here you go:

Round 1 story:
Hunger - I'm proud of this one. Terrible things happen.

Round 2 story:
Completing the Circle - Wait, I wrote a story that has a happy ending? Kinda sorta? Yep!

Remove ads