Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Shemeska

Adventurer
I'll say. A little birdie told me the Pandemonium arc must have been role-played no later than the year 2004. And I suppose the campaign went on for a while after that.

It can't be easy to write such a good story hour so long after the events have been role-played. Well done. Please keep at it.

I have an insane amount of notes taken at the table when I ran that entire campaign. In-character quotes and pretty extensive notes on PC actions etc. So while yeah, it's getting on 7 years since then, it's not as hard as it could be to write it up now. :)

Shemeska

Adventurer
And there's another NPC I'm stealling for my game. Fitting that I was just rereading the Jester's arc. Did this led to mass paranoia on the player's behalves?

Which one is that, the howling dragon? We'll be seeing him again (a looooong way down the road, but hey Unity of Rings and all that). :)

81Dagon

Explorer
Which one is that, the howling dragon? We'll be seeing him again (a looooong way down the road, but hey Unity of Rings and all that). :)

Ooh yeah! Insane dragons work great when you're running a game based around Ragnarök. How far are we through the campaign anyhow? Jman's palace was about 15%, so is this about 30-40%?

*I ask as I listen to an audio book of Count Magnus*

Shemeska

Adventurer
Ooh yeah! Insane dragons work great when you're running a game based around Ragnarök. How far are we through the campaign anyhow? Jman's palace was about 15%, so is this about 30-40%?

*I ask as I listen to an audio book of Count Magnus*

Something like 35-40% once we're out of Pandemonium. There are several subplots and the second major plot arc of the campaign yet to go, and a large number of familiar faces to see again.

Count Magnus was an awesome story :)

81Dagon

Explorer
Oh that's a complicated story there, but one that I'll return to eventually. Everyone's favorite nutcase tiefling will have a lingering impact on a later plotline, but don't look for it anytime soon however, it's a long ways off and only after the dust has settled and the blood has dried on the Waste. I promise it'll be worth the wait once you find out the full story.

Also, are we anywhere close to this? It's been bugging me for years now. Or did I just miss it somewhere way back there?

81Dagon

Explorer
I know, I'm just rereading the storyhour in preparation for my own 'lothy plots and trying to resist the urge to ask a million questions about stuff written way back when.

Just picked up Book of the Damned 3 BTW, it's awesome! Now to find some way to integrate as much as possible with my next campaign...

81Dagon

Explorer
And finally, I have finished rereading the entire campaign. So is the Ashsinger one of your own creations or is he someone from the mythology that I'm just not familar with?

I've also narrowed down my suspect list. The killer's either Frollis or Leobtav. Comments?

Edit: is there also any chance you could repost the Demented Cycle on Enworld? Both the WotC versions and Planeswalker versions have been nommed by Xanxost as far as I can tell.. Found them, all's good just some broken links but no Xanxost noms.

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
And finally, I have finished rereading the entire campaign. So is the Ashsinger one of your own creations or is he someone from the mythology that I'm just not familar with?

One of my own creations. -Much- more metaplot relating to him/it in this story arc and in the following interlude bits (which are actually already written). Just remember that very little over the course of this storyhour is ever just tossed out and abandoned. Unity of Rings and all that. Lots of 'and out of nowhere X NPC from a year ago shows up unexpectedly, even the dead ones'.

I've also narrowed down my suspect list. The killer's either Frollis or Leobtav. Comments?

I appreciate the speculation. :) You should find out within the next two updates, whenever I can find the time to work on them. Currently two projects on tap, and my better half introduced me to Dragon Age: Origins last week.

Remove ads