Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

81Dagon

Explorer
I appreciate the speculation. :) You should find out within the next two updates, whenever I can find the time to work on them. Currently two projects on tap, and my better half introduced me to Dragon Age: Origins last week.
Curses! Did you at least get the Ultimate Edition so you have Awakening too?

TanithT

First Post
Curses! Did you at least get the Ultimate Edition so you have Awakening too?

Yes, he has all of it. I bought all the DA stuff that I could get my hands on, which is to say every bit of it that Bioware has produced to date. Then I went and downloaded a ton of fan-created content and mods, some of which is good, some of which is meh, and some of which is not exactly PG rated. I am not normally a huge computer gaming fan, but the compelling storylines, the well drawn world background and the incredibly complex interactions with the in-game characters got me addicted.

And then I had to go and spread the addiction by sharing. Folks who are eagerly awaiting updates here may be sorry that I did this, but trust me when I say I'm probably going to be even sorrier. Oh well, when he's busy playing DA for hours on end, I can either kibbitz over his shoulder or play DA2. Eventually I figure the novelty will wear off and we'll get back to interacting more in the real world.

In the meantime, we've been merrily comparing our in-character romances with the various NPC's. My Dalish elf Warden married the sexypants elvish assassin in the Origins endgame; his character started out flirting with the gloomy emo/goth mage chick, but gave up and switched to Leliana. Probably for the possibility of Isabela joining in later. LOL

Yeah, we're having way too much fun with Dragon Age.

Clueless

Webmonkey
I've got a character started on XBox that I'm going to try a triple play with, see if I can get more three of the NPCs in one play through. Dragon Age - America's answer to Japanese dating games... ;)

Also re: Planewalker's copy of the demented series. I've got a PDF collection of them that I'm going to upload shortly so that they'll be easy to locate from there.

NecroticPunch

First Post
You wouldn't mind if I created a PDF for this storyhour, would you? I'm bored and need a new project, y'see, and I might as well do something that will benefit lots of people.

Shemeska

Adventurer
I've got a character started on XBox that I'm going to try a triple play with, see if I can get more three of the NPCs in one play through. Dragon Age - America's answer to Japanese dating games... ;)

Also re: Planewalker's copy of the demented series. I've got a PDF collection of them that I'm going to upload shortly so that they'll be easy to locate from there.

For what it's worth, among the remaining Demented that I haven't finished a story for, I've restarted work on The Architect (and which won't have massive spoilers for the SH oddly enough).

81Dagon

Explorer
In the meantime, we've been merrily comparing our in-character romances with the various NPC's. My Dalish elf Warden married the sexypants elvish assassin in the Origins endgame; his character started out flirting with the gloomy emo/goth mage chick, but gave up and switched to Leliana. Probably for the possibility of Isabela joining in later. LOL

Yeah, we're having way too much fun with Dragon Age.

And then there's the fun of shutting down Oghren's brain.

Edit:

Random speculation time:
The Ebon is Ghoresh Ibn Shartalan. He walked out of the waste thousands of years ago. Who's betting it was at the same time the Ghoresh Chasm opened up?

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Random speculation time:
The Ebon is Ghoresh Ibn Shartalan. He walked out of the waste thousands of years ago. Who's betting it was at the same time the Ghoresh Chasm opened up?

As far as the Ebon's origins, there will be another peek into that after this current plot arc. Otherwise, I say nothing yet. But congrats for pulling out an obscure name. :)

Also, in the future the SH will be meeting Chorazin Ibn Shartalan (who I'm pretty sure has been mentioned before).

81Dagon

Explorer
As far as the Ebon's origins, there will be another peek into that after this current plot arc. Otherwise, I say nothing yet. But congrats for pulling out an obscure name. :)

Also, in the future the SH will be meeting Chorazin Ibn Shartalan (who I'm pretty sure has been mentioned before).

I was rereading the demented series. I know I've heard them talk about the Ghoresh incident before. The question is if, and how that relates to what's going on now.

Chorazin's the Architect, right?

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
I was rereading the demented series. I know I've heard them talk about the Ghoresh incident before. The question is if, and how that relates to what's going on now.

Chorazin's the Architect, right?

I've named four different Ibn Shartalans before: Lazarius (the Architect), Tellura (the Dire Shepherd), Chorazin (the Thrice Damned), and Ghoresh (of Ghoresh Chasm fame).

Remove ads