Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
At some point a few years ago, someone did a pdf compilation but IIRC there were some issues with changing over from the forum posts to a pdf and the formatting carrying over in all cases.
I think that might be me, I remember making a pdf back in around 2006-2007 but the formatting got really screwed up in the conversion. Don't remember whether I posted it anywhere, the formatting really did suck and by now it would be years out of date anyway. This is like the fifth time I've been back to the site since just after 4e released.

EDIT: I have spare time right now as I'm between jobs. Would there be interest in a print version? Cause I have the entire thread downloaded and if I'm going to make a cleaned up version it wouldn't take much more effort to turn it into a POD version at cost via Lulu.

Last edited:

Tsuga C

Adventurer
Conspicuous By Their Absence...

Shemeska,

I'm not sure why this never occurred to me before, but I just realized that you've never utilized yagnoloths in either of your story hours. Do they not appeal to you or did they simply not fit well into the hierarchy of your campaign versions of the NE fiends because of their indolent, parasitic nature? Just curious.

Foulest Regards,
Tsuga C

Edit: Note that there was a yagnoloth snapped in half by Anthraxus during the yugoloth civil war, but that's the only one I can recall even being mentioned.

Last edited:

Tsuga C

Adventurer
Might anyone know...

...what's happened to Shemseka? He indicated that he was ready to work on an update at the end of March, but nothing's happened to date.

I hope nothing untoward has happened to him or in his work or personal life. :uhoh:

81Dagon

Explorer
I suspect he's buried under a pile of work... again. We'd have heard if anything serious had happened. On the note of work though, the Advanced Races Guide is awesome! I will definatly get a lot of millage out of it, and if anyone else even thinks they might, it's worth picking up. Great work Shemmie!

Shemeska

Adventurer
...what's happened to Shemseka? He indicated that he was ready to work on an update at the end of March, but nothing's happened to date.

I hope nothing untoward has happened to him or in his work or personal life. :uhoh:

Several things of debateable impact. Rank them for yourself.

In no specific order:
1) Freelancing work
2) Day job scientific publication (Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences)
3) Diablo 3

:blush:

Shemeska

Adventurer
I suspect he's buried under a pile of work... again. We'd have heard if anything serious had happened. On the note of work though, the Advanced Races Guide is awesome! I will definatly get a lot of millage out of it, and if anyone else even thinks they might, it's worth picking up. Great work Shemmie!

I'm glad that you like it. I only wrote a small amount therein (the tiefling section and the fetchling section), but it was really fun to work on. I just got my contributor copies the other week, and it's pretty snazzy to say the least. :)

Shemeska

Adventurer
Shemeska,

I'm not sure why this never occurred to me before, but I just realized that you've never utilized yagnoloths in either of your story hours. Do they not appeal to you or did they simply not fit well into the hierarchy of your campaign versions of the NE fiends because of their indolent, parasitic nature? Just curious.

Foulest Regards,
Tsuga C

Edit: Note that there was a yagnoloth snapped in half by Anthraxus during the yugoloth civil war, but that's the only one I can recall even being mentioned.

Oddly enough it looks like I just didn't use them as much in the campaign the SH follows. For the most part since they ruled as petty fiendish lords, but rarely outside of their native planes, the PCs just didn't run into them as much. The arcanaloths and ultroloths really got much more screentime than anyone else because of the former's role as public faces of their race and the latter as the most personally powerful (sort of diminished after the change in Oinoloth, and perhaps tangentially seen as exacerbated even more in what I wrote for SH2 which takes place a century later). I largely used mezzoloths and nycaloths as generic cannon fodder and elite troops (joined later on by the astraloths that would eventually become Pathfinder's astradaemons).

81Dagon

Explorer
I'm glad that you like it. I only wrote a small amount therein (the tiefling section and the fetchling section), but it was really fun to work on. I just got my contributor copies the other week, and it's pretty snazzy to say the least. :)

I knew there was a reason the Tiefer's alternate racial traits looked perfect for Planescape.

Remove ads