Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Clueless

Webmonkey
Gez said:
Fyrehowl and Florian are both taken by Clueless, and we know it's not Clueless.

Noowwwww *thats* interesting. *chuckle* So - any takers on how that little triangle is goin to play out? Or more like a square - Clueless is dating a Sensate at the moment. And seemingly oblivious to the PC to PC to PC relations... ;)

Last edited:

Tristol's Diary, which he linked earlier, gives away a number of these things.

And I seem to recall a thread on the WotC boards detailing the beginning of Fyrehowl dating Akin, and the fact that any resulting children would be... utterly demented to say the least. And a mention that Fyrehowl was with a lower level NPC for a time I think... I should find that thread again.

Edit: http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=246596 was the thread

Last edited:

Come on - work with me here, I'm trying to keep the conversation going.

Oops. Sorry about that- not thinking (again).

Here, I'll spec about what the Wheels within Wheels are trying to accomplish... It has nothing to do with your topic of course, but that's ok right?

There's a few questions as to who its members are, at least in my mind. I'm pretty sure A'kin has absolutely nothing to do with it, and that the Cheshire Fiend is the Ebon.

Hm... as far as we know thus far, there are 4 members- Shemeska the Maurader, Shylara the Manged, Vorkannis the Ebon, Helekanilaith of the Tower. 4 members, and each seems to control events in a different area- Shylara is in Hades, Helekanilaith in Gehenna, Shemska in Sigil and Vorkannis in Carceri. The Ebon is the leader, the eldest and probably the most dangerous- he seems to use the other three as puppets, making reference to 'using' Shylara and clearly knowing far far more than the last two.

Why the Ebon is bothering with killing off the Ultroloths still eludes me. Perhaps this is the Dementia that the Demented have? There's no clear reason to do all that- the Ultroloths are necessary for ascension, are they not? But then, maybe that's why- The Ebon has power where he is, wants more, but not at the sacrifice of what he has. The process of becoming an Ultroloth would weaken him somewhat...

Unless my last spec on the topic was right, and he's not in the running at all, but rather a Baern disguised. But why...

Then there is the question of what the Keeper, the Manged and the Maurader hope to gain from all this. Maybe the Manged hopes to stop being manged... but how could the others benefit?

Hm. I have to stop with the specing for the moment. Someone else take up the guessing; I can't be the only person who specs on matters of metaplot can I?

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Ohtar Turinson said:
There's a few questions as to who its members are, at least in my mind. I'm pretty sure A'kin has absolutely nothing to do with it, and that the Cheshire Fiend is the Ebon.

No comment.
shemmysmile.gif
The PCs just got done making a deal with the Cheshire Fiend this last current plot arc, so he/she/it is around for a long time still dealing with them, oddly enough.

Hm... as far as we know thus far, there are 4 members- Shemeska the Maurader, Shylara the Manged, Vorkannis the Ebon, Helekanilaith of the Tower. 4 members, and each seems to control events in a different area- Shylara is in Hades, Helekanilaith in Gehenna, Shemska in Sigil and Vorkannis in Carceri. The Ebon is the leader, the eldest and probably the most dangerous- he seems to use the other three as puppets, making reference to 'using' Shylara and clearly knowing far far more than the last two.

Shylara the Manged is more or less a 4th wheel, so to speak. She's a lesser member of the group though she may be considered the lover and protege of The Ebon in many ways. Vorkannis, Helekanalaith, and Shemeska are the three primary members of the group. What they expect to gain out of this would be whatever they answered when The Ebon asked them, "What is it you want?"

But yes, they are spread out evenly among spheres of influence aren't they...

Why the Ebon is bothering with killing off the Ultroloths still eludes me. Perhaps this is the Dementia that the Demented have? There's no clear reason to do all that- the Ultroloths are necessary for ascension, are they not? But then, maybe that's why- The Ebon has power where he is, wants more, but not at the sacrifice of what he has. The process of becoming an Ultroloth would weaken him somewhat...

This is important, The Ebon has killed off or otherwise 'removed' two of the Altraloths, (Altraloth, not Ultroloth) Bubonix and Cholerix who formerly held his current position in Carceri. He hasn't done anything at all with any Ultroloths, though I think it was very clear that Shylara the Manged help the Ultroloth Palinarus in no small level of contempt while she was serving under it as a scribe in Center. She may have been thinking that simply from having to serve under a being she perceived as less powerful than The Ebon where he true loyalty resided, or she may have been speaking of the entire caste of Ultroloths which she is not (yet) a member of. If there's anything unclear there it will be resolved in the next one or two plot arcs of the story as the 'loth civil war turns from cold to infernally hot and the various players' loyalties and aims start getting defined.

Unless my last spec on the topic was right, and he's not in the running at all, but rather a Baern disguised. But why...

No comment. Vorkannis's history is as gray as the Waste itself for a very long while, though you'll continually get bits and pieces of it. I won't say if you're correct or not, though I could see why you might think that given the evidence so far. He does speak fluent Baern after all.

Then there is the question of what the Keeper, the Manged and the Maurader hope to gain from all this. Maybe the Manged hopes to stop being manged... but how could the others benefit?

There's a funny story in how Shylara earned that title in the first place. It'll come up eventually, as well as what it was she hoped to gain from her loyalty.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
Shemeska said:
This is important, The Ebon has killed off or otherwise 'removed' two of the Altraloths, (Altraloth, not Ultroloth) Bubonix and Cholerix

Bubonix and Cholerix? Did you read a lot of Asterix comics as a child :D?

Fimmtiu

First Post
shilsen said:
Bubonix and Cholerix? Did you read a lot of Asterix comics as a child :D?

Actually, that's all canon. Most of the Altraloths are named after various diseases: Bubonix, Cholerix, Anthraxus, Typhus, etc.

Clueless

Webmonkey
Shemeska said:
"What is it you want?"
Take note - this one sentence will begin to acquire more and more power to it as the campaign goes on... it's spooky how much of a reaction you can get from the players now even out of game asking them that question.

Shemeska said:
No comment. Vorkannis's history is as gray as the Waste itself for a very long while, though you'll continually get bits and pieces of it. I won't say if you're correct or not, though I could see why you might think that given the evidence so far. He does speak fluent Baern after all.
He's not the only one. But yeah - Vorkie the Scritchable (there's a story to That) has one of the best buried back histories I've ever seen.

Ohtar Turinson said:
Here, I'll spec about what the Wheels within Wheels are trying to accomplish... It has nothing to do with your topic of course, but that's ok right?

Oh definately - I enjoy it, gives me somethign to read at gawd-aweful-early in the morning when I've got insomnia. :)

dostum

First Post
Clueless said:
Noowwwww *thats* interesting. *chuckle* So - any takers on how that little triangle is goin to play out? Or more like a square - Clueless is dating a Sensate at the moment. And seemingly oblivious to the PC to PC to PC relations... ;)

Well, assuming he's still got that embedded rock, I'm going with whoever teh Marauder chooses :]

And I still think there's a wheel missing somewhere... I'm fairly certain that a lot of these.. "names".. are expendable, in the higher scheme of someone(s) still uncovered.. like Terelia...

Clueless

Webmonkey
If i recall right - about this time was when I was trying to flowchart out about 5 groups - b/c I too felt there was something... missing.

Remove ads