Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

primemover003

First Post
So the Cheshire fiend hasn't really earned his spurs eh??? And the keeper has more than one scion... interesting. I thought the 'loths frowned upon sexual reproduction, especially among the higher echelons.

Shemeska

Adventurer
primemover003 said:
So the Cheshire fiend hasn't really earned his spurs eh??? And the keeper has more than one scion... interesting. I thought the 'loths frowned upon sexual reproduction, especially among the higher echelons.

Depends on what you mean by earned his spurs. He's referred to himself before as the 'Representative of the Tower' and I think this latest bit shows that he serves as the Keeper's personal envoy in many ways. That's a fairly posh position to have.

And the 'loths don't necessarily openly frown on sexual reproduction. Among the lower ranks (lesser Yugoloths) they probably screw like rabbits just to get more mezzoloths to fight in the Blood War. Among the Greater Yugoloths however, those who progress to their rank all the way from mezzoloth are given more influence and chance at advancement than those born into their rank by way of sexual reproduction. Officially all Nycaloths and Arcanaloths are equal regardless of how they got to their position, but in reality those born to their station are second class fiends.

It would seem that the Cheshire Fiend is either skilled enough to advance above and beyond this normal treatment of his type or he's a classic benefactor of nepotism.

Chrys

First Post
So If the keeper o' the Tower had the Elf; and Shemeska has Clueless... what/ who was the 3rd slave?

would the elf be a npc or Cohort for clue less?

Shemeska

Adventurer
Chrys said:
So If the keeper o' the Tower had the Elf; and Shemeska has Clueless... what/ who was the 3rd slave?

The 3rd slave is presumably the Bariaur that was with Clueless and the elf when they were captured in Carceri. His name (along with the name of the elf) gets picked up later on in the storyhour once he makes an appearance.

And the elf is solidly an NPC rather than a cohort. Neither I, nor my players, have ever really messed with the leadership feat and cohorts/followers simply because we've at times had 5-7 PCs plus Nisha floating around and it gets difficult juggling so many folks and not having some of them fade into the background.

Dakkareth

First Post
Yay :)

Oh, the double-edged sword of spoilers ... you're not as amazed as you would be, but you do get to see the build-up, the small hints on the way. One post on the WotC boards here, one peek into Tristol's diary there ... ;)

Clueless

Webmonkey
Neither, the elf doesn't stick around long... at the time Clueless was more worried about getting him out of danger. (Darn that sense of responsibility to your party/previous party... ;) )

Eluvan

First Post
Mmmm... Planescape goodness. Thanks, my time spent reading up to this point has been some of the most pleasant hours I have ever spent when I really, really should have been writing an essay instead. :)

Seriously, very impressive. I'm about to start a Planescape game myself down in the PbP forums of this site, and whilst I don't like directly taking ideas from other GMs you certainly have given me a lot of inspiration.

So, now I've caught up... I can start nagging for an update! :D

Oh, and by the by, hi Dak! I'm CA from DndStorywriters, if you were wondering...

Clueless

Webmonkey
Eluvan said:
Mmmm... Planescape goodness. Thanks, my time spent reading up to this point has been some of the most pleasant hours I have ever spent when I really, really should have been writing an essay instead. :)

Seriously, very impressive. I'm about to start a Planescape game myself down in the PbP forums of this site, and whilst I don't like directly taking ideas from other GMs you certainly have given me a lot of inspiration.

So, now I've caught up... I can start nagging for an update! :D

Oh, and by the by, hi Dak! I'm CA from DndStorywriters, if you were wondering...

*grins* Well - glad to see we've recruited another! I'm curious what your views on it are (and of course if you want to run anything over at planewalker.com's forums too - we'd love to have the new blood. ;) )

Remove ads