Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Krafus

First Post
FyreHowl said:
Shemeska the character - is female. Well, Arcanaloths are technically...neither..both...yeah. But Shemeska is "female".

Shemeska the DM/Writer- is male. :D

*curses*

Thanks for the information, FyreHowl. Considering how long I've been lurking, one would think I'd have noticed the difference by now... Consider me one of the clueless... :eek:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Krafus said:
Hello, everyone. I'm a long-time lurker who's finally decided to unlurk. I really enjoy this storyhour, and look forward to more of it. The sheer scope of it is amazing - heck, the battles of the last update seem to have involved literally millions of combatants. I try to picture that in mind, in comparaison to the Siege of Minas Tirith in the RotK movie, and shudder... Oh, and I wanted to congratulate Shemeska on her (*is* it her? I've made that mistake more than once) writing talent and for posting updates with commendable regularity.

You've made my day *grin* Thank you so much for the compliments, I really do appreciate it.

Shemmy the 'loth = "female", and best not the mention the rumors from 'Faces of Evil' about yugoloths being hermaphroditic, tacky to ask about that at best, and suicidal at worst. ;) Besides, arcanaloths can shapechange at will, so it's a moot point anyways.

Me the DM/author = male. However I've been amused enough by people's assumptions one way or the other that I've stopped correcting folks by and large. It's led to several marraige proposals on the WotC boards, and one person assuming I'm a lesbian, but alas here I am setting everyone straight on the matter. *very amused chuckle* At some point I'll have to actually put a picture of myself online.

dal673

First Post
Hi Shemeska!

As a long-time reader of this storyhour I'm really astonished where you take this story to!
What a beautiful tale you lay out. And written in such a style that I could see the mega battle playing before my eyes. Again: BEAUTIFUL!!!

Greetz,

DaL673

Toras

First Post
That's one of those mysteries you have to kill in its sleep or else things get creepy. I will however attempt to convey my reaction to the last post (would have made this sooner but holidays happen).

Stage 1: Denial
Its an illusion, it has to be.

Stage 2: Anger
String of Explitives, followed by vows of vengeance and violence.

Stage 3: Barginning
Come on, let at least a view of them have made it. Surely he can't have gotten them all. Please let them have escapped for help.

Stage 4: Back to Anger
More rage induced profanity, followed by minor acts of violence against random evil.

solomanii

Explorer
Shem,
I am curious. How much of this backstory you describe do the actual characters know about when you list them in chronological order of the storyhour? Or is this all background that the characters may or may not learn bits and pieces about during the campaign?

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
*Dutifully notes Toras referred to the last post above, rather than the last update. He sure seems to be an overreacting fellow. :p*

The goatee is a good start for the "evil, mad scientist" look you're probably shooting for. ;)

Clueless

Webmonkey
solomanii said:
Shem,
I am curious. How much of this backstory you describe do the actual characters know about when you list them in chronological order of the storyhour? Or is this all background that the characters may or may not learn bits and pieces about during the campaign?
We end up catching up on a lot of this stuff during or after the events. A few details (The grin is WHOSE kid?) and the such are missed. But we found out pretty soon how we'd been set up and what the Ebon was doing.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Btw, I edited the last update because for whatever reason I had left out the fact that the Dire Shepherd appeared to be an aasimar, and that she had thin, slightly curling horns reminiscent of a bariaurs.

The next update will also be sometime tonight because I want one up for the new year and I'll be gone all of friday for a party or two.

Remove ads