Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Clueless

Webmonkey
Shemeska said:
And nobody ever really uses Divination in my campaigns... Divination, never as far as I can recall.

Because it's jinxed. Like detect alignment - we just don't bother wasting our resources on something that's going to be useless and misleading in the long run.

omrob

First Post
Bamf!

Clueless said:
Because it's jinxed. Like detect alignment - we just don't bother wasting our resources on something that's going to be useless and misleading in the long run.

Wow that sounds liberating and refreshing. Our party has an epic diviner in it and lots of divine casters. Consequently we are fairly divination heavy and have utilized it to bypass some of the Jester's well developed material in a similar fashion. Mostly Contact Other Planes, and Communes, with the occasional Divination thrown in...

As a non divination pc though sometimes it can hold up the flow of the game, but it can make things easier.

Toras

First Post
Shemeska said:
(nothing like the PCs skipping 15 pages worth of prepped material and jumping right to the end of a bunch of stuff).

At least we didn't blow it up, Francium Boy. <To the Waste with you and your precious laws of Thermodynamics>

Yeah, a scry block has to be at least ninth level before it actually goes out and beats up the caster for you.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Did I miss something? I thought Skaliska had memory loss that wiped recent memories. Did she get them back and I just read over it? She seemed to pick up where she left off, without another thought.

GW

Shemeska

Adventurer
Graywolf-ELM said:
Did I miss something? I thought Skaliska had memory loss that wiped recent memories. Did she get them back and I just read over it? She seemed to pick up where she left off, without another thought.

GW

She lost a few days worth of memories, but she knew what she'd been working on and her notes were pretty decent. She was pretty driven on the whole matter so it's not too surprising to have her pick up on it so cleanly. I just didn't stress the memory loss much after the fact.

Ryltar

First Post
Hmm. The mention of Maanzecorian ... you didn't tie in Dead Gods at this point, did you?

Otherwise, nice update. I especially liked

For the next twenty-four hours or so, life progressed normally for them without any oddities.

As for the new loth in town, we'll just have to wait and see what develops :) as of now, it's "just another loth", but maybe that will change once it meets the PCs.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Ryltar said:
Hmm. The mention of Maanzecorian ... you didn't tie in Dead Gods at this point, did you?

Not really outside of the use of Maanzicorian's godisle. Like I said, this was probably my favorite overall plot arc of the campaign that we'll get into next week. And you can't have the Astral without lots of Githyanki ;)

Dakkareth

First Post
Ahhhh ... back from my trip to the USA, my tests all over and now time to read this SH :).

(And of course, all the Planescape stuff I brought with me from overseas. And the fact, that the DM in our group is a PS fan and might be running a game once we've whipped the CotSQ - times are good :):))

Remove ads